Kobe pours in 81!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Something tells me that if the Suns had Bryant instead of Nash, they'd still be pretty good.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't.

Bryant just doesn't get it I guess. If he scores 40 a game the entire season, what is the point? 81 and it's not like it was a blowout. Toronto would probably have won the game if they weren't so busy watching Kobe and pretty much laying down at the end while Kobe was going on.

The way he is playing this season, it's a sad display of TEAM basketball. I think the Lakers could be better as well if Kobe figured out how to lead a team and get the best out of his teammates. The Suns with Kobe instead of Nash would be mediocre no better than the Lakers now.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damn you can dislike Kobe all you want...and I personally don't like him...but 81 is just sick.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Of course, we all know it was Kwame Brown's defense that was the difference in the game. That guy is a rock.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
In D'Antoni's system I don't think we'd be better with Kobe as opposed to Nash. Nash is the perfect fit and we have seen the results of that. However, if we had Phil Jackson as coach along with Marion, Amare, and Kobe we'd be a dynasty.

And I really can't blame Kobe for not passing. Jordan never did either when he was surrounded by garbage and that's what his supporting cast in LA is now.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
I don't.

Bryant just doesn't get it I guess. If he scores 40 a game the entire season, what is the point? 81 and it's not like it was a blowout. Toronto would probably have won the game if they weren't so busy watching Kobe and pretty much laying down at the end while Kobe was going on.

The way he is playing this season, it's a sad display of TEAM basketball. I think the Lakers could be better as well if Kobe figured out how to lead a team and get the best out of his teammates. The Suns with Kobe instead of Nash would be mediocre no better than the Lakers now.

Try watching a Lakers game. Your comments are utterly baseless. The Lakers not named Kobe were playing horribly, letting TOR build a 18 (I think) point lead. KB put this team on his back and willed them into a convincing win.

A-Bomb

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
And I really can't blame Kobe for not passing. Jordan never did either when he was surrounded by garbage and that's what his supporting cast in LA is now.

Yeah, at the half Kobe was 10-18 shooting, and the rest of the team was 10-32. That is pretty damn telling. It was ridiculous.

Kobe with a shooter or two that he can trust and it would be unreal. It's not that he doesn't pass, its that when he does, his teammates miss, so he stops giving it to them. At one point during his run around 60some points in this game, he kicked out to a wide open Lamar who nailed a three.

This team can't shoot, save Kobe.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Of course, we all know it was Kwame Brown's defense that was the difference in the game. That guy is a rock.

2 blocks, ten rebounds in 24 minutes. And yeah, he played good D, per usual.

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
I guess the next big question is if Kobe can get 100 this year?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe 28-46 60.9%

Rest of Lakers 14-42 33.3%

Dude needs a reliable shooter. That's just stupid.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, I actually like Kobe. The only thing I hate about him having a great season is the sub 15 year old fan base who thinks everything he does is new and the greatest thing ever.

He is playing for individual achievement, but with his team, he knows he can get away with it, because his team sucks and its up to him to really get them over the humps. So he gets to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. He is playing out of his mind for himself and hopefully his team gets the win in the end.

Like I said, I like Kobe, best scorer in the NBA and perimeter superstar.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
sly fly said:
I guess the next big question is if Kobe can get 100 this year?

if you could combine the positives shaq and Kobe into one that thing would score 100.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Come on, guys, get real. If Stoudemire went for 80 points, this board would be crapping themselves with glee. Bryant had a historic game and led his team to victory. Give him some credit.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
if you could combine the positives shaq and Kobe into one that thing would score 100.

Yep.

I always said that if Shaq had 1/2 of Kobe's work ethic and desire, he'd be hands down the greatest of all time. He's content to be one of the top 25 of all time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Then you don't know much about the guy.

Please. You are so diluted when it comes to the Lakers. You think Kwame Brown is a great player, you think Kobe Bryant is a team player, and you think the Suns with Amare won't be as good against the Lakers as without.

If that's not delusional, I don't know what is.

Kobe Bryant is a phenomenal individual talent. Just amazing. But he is one of the worst team basketball talents in the league. But hey, he scores a lot, so that makes him a superstar. There's no question that Kobe has the desire to be the best, but he does it at the expense of the rest of the team. It has happened ever since he became a top-tiered talent. Shaq wasn't blameless, but Kobe's "me-first" attitude is part of what drove the Lakers apart.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Come on, guys, get real. If Stoudemire went for 80 points, this board would be crapping themselves with glee. Bryant had a historic game and led his team to victory. Give him some credit.

What credit aren't we giving him? I don't recall anyone saying that scoring 81 points is mediocre. It's downright amazing. But taken in context... I think that's what everyone is commenting about.

Kobe Bryant had to score 81 points so the Lakers could beat the RAPTORS. Looking at the big picture, 81 points isn't so great.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Kobe 28-46 60.9%

Rest of Lakers 14-42 33.3%

Dude needs a reliable shooter. That's just stupid.

We have a bunch of shooters, and yet you still think the Lakers are pretty close to being as good as us.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant had to score 81 points so the Lakers could beat the RAPTORS. Looking at the big picture, 81 points isn't so great.

So he should have scored only 60, so they could lose? I seriously don't understand what point you're making. Whenever anyone puts up a huge number, his teammates won't have scored very much. If it's a team game and his team wins, what's the big deal? No one on this board complained when Stoudemire scored 50 against whatever lottery opponent it was.

I think any individual feat that's been done only one other time in the history of the league is pretty impressive. Bryant can't choose his opponent, and he can't choose which teammates are going to miss which shots.

And if Bryant is such a lousy team player, how come O'Neal hasn't managed to win a title with any of his other All-Star sidekicks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard