Kliff is better in round 2

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thursday night's game against Seattle will mark the first time this season we will face a division opponent for a second time. As this is only Kliff's second year I went back to see how the team performed in his first season as HC when facing a divisional opponent for the second time. All three times, the Cardinals were better in round 2.

In week 4 of last year we faced Seattle for the first time and the game was never even competitive. Seattle led 20-3 at halftime and went on to win comfortably 27-10. Wilson scored a qb rating of 114.3 and made in look easy. In the rematch we beat them 27-13 and harassed Wilson all day...His qb rating was 61.8

In week 9 we faced SF for the first time and they won 28-25. If you recall, the score was closer than the actual game as SF controlled the game from start to finish and were even up 14 points in the 4th quarter. In round two we jumped out to a 16-0 lead before squandering the game in what was probably the most frustrating loss of the season. SF did not lead in that game until there were only 31 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

In week 12 we finally faced the Rams for the first time. It was a complete annihilation as LA won 34-7. In the rematch the game was tied 17-17 in the 4th quarter before the Rams eventually pulled away.

All that to say you must give credit where credit is due and the coaching staff has done a phenomenal job when facing an opponent a second time. Let's hope that Vance picks up where he left off when his play calling finally started confusing Russell Wilson late in the game.

I was skeptical about the Cardinals chances to win this week with them being the traveling team on a short week playing a talented divisional opponent that is desperate for a win...But knowing our coaching staff has made great adjustments for the rematch gives me hope.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well this game is a big test for Kliff

Does he know how to adapt?

Seattle is going to try and takeway the zone read

Can he adapt and attack down field with Kyler and co?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well this game is a big test for Kliff

Does he know how to adapt?

Seattle is going to try and takeway the zone read

Can he adapt and attack down field with Kyler and co?
You are describing what happened the last time we played them. They tried to take away Kyler's running and we torched them through the air.
Hopefully the weather doesnt impact the passing game too much. Seahawks arent that bad against the run.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thursday night's game against Seattle will mark the first time this season we will face a division opponent for a second time. As this is only Kliff's second year I went back to see how the team performed in his first season as HC when facing a divisional opponent for the second time. All three times, the Cardinals were better in round 2.

In week 4 of last year we faced Seattle for the first time and the game was never even competitive. Seattle led 20-3 at halftime and went on to win comfortably 27-10. Wilson scored a qb rating of 114.3 and made in look easy. In the rematch we beat them 27-13 and harassed Wilson all day...His qb rating was 61.8

In week 9 we faced SF for the first time and they won 28-25. If you recall, the score was closer than the actual game as SF controlled the game from start to finish and were even up 14 points in the 4th quarter. In round two we jumped out to a 16-0 lead before squandering the game in what was probably the most frustrating loss of the season. SF did not lead in that game until there were only 31 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

In week 12 we finally faced the Rams for the first time. It was a complete annihilation as LA won 34-7. In the rematch the game was tied 17-17 in the 4th quarter before the Rams eventually pulled away.

All that to say you must give credit where credit is due and the coaching staff has done a phenomenal job when facing an opponent a second time. Let's hope that Vance picks up where he left off when his play calling finally started confusing Russell Wilson late in the game.

I was skeptical about the Cardinals chances to win this week with them being the traveling team on a short week playing a talented divisional opponent that is desperate for a win...But knowing our coaching staff has made great adjustments for the rematch gives me hope.
Their starting Center is out which should help give us the edge on blitzing. Both their starting Corners are also out which gives us an even bigger advantage on offense. Unless some crazy $#/+ happens I don't see us losing this game.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Their starting Center is out which should help give us the edge on blitzing. Both their starting Corners are also out which gives us an even bigger advantage on offense. Unless some crazy $#/+ happens I don't see us losing this game.

Expect Crazy!

i’m thinking a whole lot of crazy $#/+ happened in the last game and well you know...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will see.

I have a real bad feeling though.

Our Dline is practice squad guys, we got absolutely torched by Lockett in the previous game, but somehow Metcalf did nothing - don't think that happens again.

I am pretty sure Seattle is going to be ready for our blitzes we used to win last time also.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
We have the #1 offense in the league they have the 32nd defense.

Contain Russ and and hope our Dline can apply some pressure and we should be be able to pull it off.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well this thread aged well lol. Despite the injuries Cards simply didn’t deserve to win this one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard