Kingsbury's Air Raid

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK the person has a vibe I like. KK the coach is rough.
KK is not certified bad. This year is a make of break for KK. Whereas Keim...oofff...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
KK is not certified bad. This year is a make of break for KK. Whereas Keim...oofff...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
KK hasn't had a winning season in football at any level in 6 years, and has two to his name. The best he finished was 6th in his conference, 3rd in his division.

The history doesn't back anyone up on KK. I'm sorry, I get wanting to be hopeful, I really do.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
KK hasn't had a winning season in football at any level in 6 years, and has two to his name. The best he finished was 6th in his conference, 3rd in his division.

The history doesn't back anyone up on KK. I'm sorry, I get wanting to be hopeful, I really do.
And in the NFL he has gone 5-11 and 8-8. We will see if he can improve that again this year, but bringing up his college seasons means little to nothing at this point.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

I have 0 hope for this season. I couldn't even get hyped for the draft.

This team has far too many holes and Keim is notoriously terrible at drafting.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And in the NFL he has gone 5-11 and 8-8. We will see if he can improve that again this year, but bringing up his college seasons means little to nothing at this point.
This is why I say support of Kingsbury is more or less blind hope.

Nothing about this guy has changed from middling to head coach to now. He's still a middling head coach.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I read, where I don't know, Kingsbury saying that it takes two/three seasons for a QB to fully familiarize with an offence and the defences they will face. As such, I think KK has approached this in a set-piece fashion given KM's limited College starts and Dhop was assigned a specific role. The training wheels, I suspect, are now off.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This team has fewer holes than last years 8-8 (should have been 10-6) team and a year more of experience.

Yeah I don't see the "this team has lots of holes!" argument. It's just not true.

Even RG has a known quantity in Justin Murray there. I'd argue the biggest hole is CB2, and even then Byron Murphy can play there and Jace Whitaker or one of the safeties can play the slot.

TE maybe, but even then, Maxx Williams is there and he is a plus blocker.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As your broseph said, 6-3 and the Cardinals were getting constant hype from the national media.

As to your other point, Kyler wasn't the only reason the team was playing well.

The defense went from a bottom three unit to a middle of the pack unit. That doesn't happen if the GM is total trash.

And even with Kyler's ability to run, the team is probably hurt more by his inability to complete intermediate level passes. He's pretty much a dumpster fire at midrange passing.

I just don't buy this fake narrative that Keim & Kingsbury totally suck. It's divorced from the reality that both are pretty much 8-8 at their job.
Hmm, you said “first half.” Unless math has changed. Half of 16 is 8. That’s 5-3. And when we were playing well it was the defense getting healthy against the dregs of the league. Against good teams (and even some bad teams) they got lit up.
Lions - 26pts
Panthers - 31pts
Seahawks -34pts
Dolphins - 34pts (rookie qb)
Bills - 30pts
Seahawks - 28pts
Rams - 38pts
Eagles - 26pts (rookie qb)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To be fair, there was a MONTH between the Tua game and the stretch where we played Hurts, Beathard, and Wofford. In between we held Jared Allen to a 77.3 passer rating and Cam Newton to a 23.6 passer rating.
impressive?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i guess this is a good place to put this:

4th down aggressiveness the past two years:

Historical Aggressiveness Index, 1983-2020 | Football Outsiders

KK is No.1

going for it on 4th down is (IMO) the most polarizing thing on a HC can do --- if they dont make it. 5 successes are forgotten while the 1 failure is remembered forever

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And yet they were 6th in yardage and 14th in points.
Contest helps. They went from averaging 29.25 pts/game in first half to 24.5 pts/game in second half and only 9.5 pts/game in final two crucial games. Those kind of trends look like pro coaches cracking your code.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And yet they were 6th in yardage and 14th in points.
Context helps. They went from averaging 29.25 pts/game in first half to 24.5 pts/game in second half and only 9.5 pts/game in final two crucial games. Those kind of trends look like pro coaches cracking your code.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, you said “first half.” Unless math has changed. Half of 16 is 8. That’s 5-3. And when we were playing well it was the defense getting healthy against the dregs of the league. Against good teams (and even some bad teams) they got lit up.
Lions - 26pts
Panthers - 31pts
Seahawks -34pts
Dolphins - 34pts (rookie qb)
Bills - 30pts
Seahawks - 28pts
Rams - 38pts
Eagles - 26pts (rookie qb)
Thanks for posting those numbers

Shows the real story

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contest helps. They went from averaging 29.25 pts/game in first half to 24.5 pts/game in second half and only 9.5 pts/game in final two crucial games. Those kind of trends look like pro coaches cracking your code.
I fully believe the DC's figured out KK's play calling

Even in the GameDay threads we were talking about how predictable it was

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I fully believe the DC's figured out KK's play calling

Even in the GameDay threads we were talking about how predictable it was

Yup. There are multiple flaws in it, many of them covered here. One I haven't seen mentioned his how many of our passes, especially on 2nd and 3rd down, are thrown to the sticks.

If we need 7, the target is 7. If we need 9 the target is 9. Makes it easier for teams to defend the sticks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. There are multiple flaws in it, many of them covered here. One I haven't seen mentioned his how many of our passes, especially on 2nd and 3rd down, are thrown to the sticks.

If we need 7, the target is 7. If we need 9 the target is 9. Makes it easier for teams to defend the sticks.
Cheese and I ranted about that all season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if Kliffs scheme is really that simple and predictable, do you think it took (as an example) a well regarded DC like Robert Saleh 22 or so games to figure it out

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s still in the process of adapting his system to the NFL. This should be the year a lot of aspects of it finally click especially with full off-season IMO. End of story

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He’s still in the process of adapting his system to the NFL. This should be the year a lot of aspects of it finally click especially with full off-season IMO. End of story

Yeah, no. Sorry, but if you need 3 years as a head coach to adapt your system to the NFL, you've been given 3 years longer than you deserve.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
And Keim has presided over THREE winning seasons to TWO. And 3 LESS playoff wins. The difference isn't that stark is the point and that this team wouldn't be screwed if Keim was gone, as some have stated.
Is it fair to compare to the past when AZ would not spend $$. Now they are competitive in spending. Therefore, Graves may have outperformed Keim based on what he had to work with. I liked that Bruce was somewhat open about what he was thinking. The person that could clear all this up is the owner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose