Kingsbury and Keim get contract extensions

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only did they get extensions they got extensions that are a half a decade long… Utterly ridiculous if they were they were going to extend them nothing more than two or three years in my opinion but what do I know… I think they both should’ve been fired

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not only did they get extensions they got extensions that are a half a decade long… Utterly ridiculous if they were they were going to extend them nothing more than two or three years in my opinion but what do I know… I think they both should’ve been fired
Bidwill will be paying at least 2 coaches for 5 years when he fires Kliff after next year’s 5-12 season. Because there will be at least one more coach firing in that 5 years. Meanwhile, MB and Keim will be flying in that fancy plane losing and boozing.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This doesn’t stop them from being fired next offseason as many of us (all of us at this point?) have put that expiry date on this regime…

But what kind of sick operation is being run over there? Bidwill got strong armed into this. How does he go from pissed about the season collapse to this? He’s a defeated man.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, this can't really have been surprise to anyone right?

Both only had 1 year left. They just won 11 games, their best year since 2015. They obviously believe they have a franchise QB and don;t want to screw around with a whole scheme and coaching change.

And with all that in mind any extension was either going to be 4 or 5 years. Nobody does less. It was always either fire them already or an extension was coming.

The 5 year extension is almost certainly what they have in mind for Kyler seeing all of them through to 2027.

I'm not thrilled by it, but I'm not surprised. (It also doesn't really make much difference. If they suck next year, and especially the year after, they still get fired).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a complete freaking disaster. I don’t think I have it in me to invest this kind of energy into a team making moves like this. Half a decade? So I’ll be 40 when this is over. Great. Can’t wait.

I guess today I’m drinking before 9 AM.

Why? It doesn't really change anything. They would both still get fired if performance reaches the firing threshold.

They were never going to let their contracts run down and say "Thanks, see ya". What if they had a great year next year and Kliff decided to go and coach the Cowboys?

There's no real net change here.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
11 Wins with a bad ending and it’s like we extended them going 2-15 in here.

Kyler wanted them extended as well his letter said he wants long term front office stability.

He got it. We’ll see what happens

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to say to this. I somehow found myself on the KK defense train this season when I typically consider myself a dark sider.

With that said, if they think KK and K1 are their guy, not sure I agree, but at least I can understand it.

KEIM GETTING A 5 YEAR EXTENSION? Makes my blood boil.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the team HAD to know that this was in the works, so did the Kyler's agent. It also makes the timing of the whole meltdown by Kyler interesting...

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To put it in perspective, Niners went on to the NFC championship and the Rams won the freakin superbowl and both play in our division. We couldn’t sweep the lowly Seahawks this year. And yet we still signed these two bums to 5 year contracts despite the GM unable to draft an impact player in the first round since KM. Kyler’s talent will be waisted here and no notable young free agents would want to sign here.

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh, and the team HAD to know that this was in the works, so did the Kyler's agent. It also makes the timing of the whole meltdown by Kyler interesting...
Makes you think if Kyler wants out if they were going to resign these two losers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw this news. What the hell?

This is a very bad idea.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
They were never going to let their contracts run down and say "Thanks, see ya".
LOL, WHY NOT. Is there a hidden market for KK or Keim that we're unaware of?
What if they had a great year next year and Kliff decided to go and coach the Cowboys?
What if Bidwill suited up at QB and won the super bowl himself? We can throw out any number of unlikely scenarios but none will justify extending two people who haven't earned it in the least.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA