Kingsbury’s Tenure

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve received a couple of emails asking if I believed Kingsbury would be fired if the Cards lose or lose badly. No, while that I would change coaches I do no believe the Cards will. They surely will fall back on the record improvement to justify the decision. I can’t see them admitting a second bad coaching hire in that short a time. Despite the deviation to hire Kingbury, the Cards are historically a very conservative franchise, so IMO, Kingsbury stays. Next year should tell us who’s correct.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. I don't see any way the fire Kingsbury unless Kyler shows frustration with him. Otherwise they won't risk Kyler's development.

Plus, fire Kliff and Keim has to go too and Mike ain't there on an 8-8 finish.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Harry I totally agree. I’m not a Kliff fan going back to his Tech days. Winning means something, the ability to coach thru game management means something, the ability to adjust means something & your team repeatedly failing & losing down the stretch means something.

Kliff has failed in all those above areas with the Cards & at Tech. I’m not optimistic for his future with Big Red

I’ve received a couple of emails asking if I believed Kingsbury would be fired if the Cards lose or lose badly. No, while that I would change coaches I do no believe the Cards will. They surely will fall back on the record improvement to justify the decision. I can’t see them admitting a second bad coaching hire in that short a time. Despite the deviation to hire Kingbury, the Cards are historically a very conservative franchise, so IMO, Kingsbury stays. Next year should tell us who’s correct.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A loss cannot be all on Kingsbury. Cards have lost 7 straight to the Rams. It will be a collective fail. I'm not a Kingsbury homer and I'm not making excuses for him. I see potential for him but it's the same for Kyler, neither is there yet.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ll just add, I expected kliff to be much worse.

For a loser collegiate coach with a loser nfl franchise I really didn’t expect much.

I can see kliff having a whiz run meaning he’ll be around for a few more years.

I never saw a commitment on wilks hire but with kliff it seemed different.
Harry I totally agree. I’m not a Kliff fan going back to his Tech days. Winning means something, the ability to coach thru game management means something, the ability to adjust means something & your team repeatedly failing & losing down the stretch means something.

Kliff has failed in all those above areas with the Cards & at Tech. I’m not optimistic for his future with Big Red

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Kliff isn’t going to be fired. He never should’ve been hired in the first place but they won’t can him when they are playing for a spot in the post season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I fully agree with the fact that they both should be holding the door for each other if Cards don't improve their record and make the playoffs next year. Our drafting is simply not improving our team in areas we need to improve to make a jump to what we call Winners. Our team looks completely stagnant as a perineal .500 team, even though we have had many chances to improve it. There has to be experienced football minds out there who could do much better with the cap, drafts, and FA opportunities the Cards have had.

We are paying way too much money on older players who are too past their primes to justify it. We also need an influx of better long term assistant coaches that can get more out of our young drafted players. One of the more experienced ex-head coaches who have their own experienced team of assistants who will come on board with them would surely help us in this area. Gotta get rid of our GM before that will ever happen. What quality team of coaches would want to come work with Keim? His reputation around the league couldn't be anything other than poor in my opinion. Yet then again, what do I know!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
1. Firing and replacing a whole staff is so disruptive to building a team. Especially true in a tight salary cap environment this offseason.

2. From an organizational reputation perspective: firing two coaches in three years labels the organization unstable and limits your choices to candidates that have no other options (exactly the kind of person i want coaching the team!).

3. pragmatically, i dont think Mike B can afford to pay both Wilks (and staff) and Kingsbury (and staff) and new HC (and staff) next year given covid revenue reductions.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kirk could catch and Zane could actually hit a field goal we would have double digit wins already.

but yeah that was Kliff that told Kirk to just start dropping balls in the end zone

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A loss cannot be all on Kingsbury. Cards have lost 7 straight to the Rams. It will be a collective fail. I'm not a Kingsbury homer and I'm not making excuses for him. I see potential for him but it's the same for Kyler, neither is there yet.

Rams have #1 defense in football. This game is not about Kliff. It’s about Vance and Kyler.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol i bet kingsbury is nervous now shouldn't have f up vs 49ers

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Kirk could catch and Zane could actually hit a field goal we would have double digit wins already.

but yeah that was Kliff that told Kirk to just start dropping balls in the end zone

If Kliff could tell Keim to cut their crappy kicker; if Kliff could have had Keim promote their other kicker; if Kliff could have coached normally instead of turtling to play for FGs instead of TDs; etc.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kliff could tell Keim to cut their crappy kicker; if Kliff could have had Keim promote their other kicker; if Kliff could have coached normally instead of turtling to play for FGs instead of TDs; etc.

yes I get it.

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Name one facet of the game KK does well. You can’t. If he’s back again next year then we won’t make playoffs again and then he will be fired. Then we get to start over again and by that time everyone realizes KM is not a franchise qb. Keim needs to go ASAP and KK should go with him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson