Kinect

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried hitting those things and it just sat there and didnt go to a new page. I will try it out next time I get to plug it in and play.

You have to Swipe (moving hand from the left to the right). Just hold your hand with the hand icon over that left arrow for a second then swipe. That is where it's at.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The XBOX update killed my machine. Had it for a year never had the red rings of death. Twenty minutes into the update I'm a dead man. Grrrrrr.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The XBOX update killed my machine. Had it for a year never had the red rings of death. Twenty minutes into the update I'm a dead man. Grrrrrr.

Ahh, man that sucks. I still have my near-first-run 360 humming (loudly) along....

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost XMAS! Cant wait to have this thing hooked up full time. Gamefly just sent me kinectimals (very high rating surprisingly, game must work really well, sure my 9 yr old daughter will love it) and Fighters uncaged (5 user rating, not looking good but will be fun) I will come post reviews of the entire experience next Monday!

Also for kinect owners - Joyride and sonic free riders demos avail on marketplace.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Kinect is incredible. We are having tons of fun with it. The accuracy of this thing amazes me. It is better than I thought it would be.

I think I am going to sell my wii and all that crap I have for it as I think the kinect will make my wii more obsolete than it already is. I haven't played the wii in almost a year if not longer and I don't see the reason why I would ever need to turn it on again.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Kinect is incredible. We are having tons of fun with it. The accuracy of this thing amazes me. It is better than I thought it would be.

I think I am going to sell my wii and all that crap I have for it as I think the kinect will make my wii more obsolete than it already is. I haven't played the wii in almost a year if not longer and I don't see the reason why I would ever need to turn it on again.

I also got an Xbox with the Kinect for my kids for Christmas and I was telling my wife that it makes our Wii look like a 70's toy.

My son did point out that there are games he still enjoys that are Nintendo exclusives. Mario Cart is still pretty cool and will never be on Xbox.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Also had the Dance game going on Christmas day and about a dozen or so family members took turns doing it for about 6 straight hours.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kinect is freaking amazing. Better than I thought, and I thought it was going to be great. Kinectimals is awesome, Dance Central is awesome, Sports is awesome, Adventures is Awesome and Your Shape Fitness Evolved has me excited to be working out again.

All in all, the technology is sick, the games are fun and this is launch quality stuff. In two years, devs will be turning this thing inside out.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Been reading this forum for months, and been excited about finally playing (I too had Santa bring it, which meant it has been sitting idolly for about a month in my closet)

I am beyond impressed with the system, the facial recongniztion is insane, and though we have nly played the adventures game it has instantly become a fam favorite (which means I,-dad-, doesn't get the play Black ops much anymore) but it has surpassed my exepectations on every level

I brought it over to my folks house and litterally had 20+ people gathered around screaming laughing and most importantly COMPETEING for hours, it was the most fun we have had in a while...

My only small minute complaint was we beat the game the first night we had it, so now we just do free play, I suppose that will get old fairly quickly so it will be on to a new game soon

And one last thing, I am not trying to brag or anything.. But I have become somewhat of a master at 20,000 leaks, gotten a platinum medak a few times.. just sayin, not tryin to brag, but I am awesome

Anyone have anything on the other games? Anyone played the fighting game? or sports games? Which have people ebnjoyed the most?!

Thanks a million for the opinions, this was an AWESOME santa gift..

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best 3 games by far are Dance Central, Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals and Your Shape Fitness evolved. Everything else is a tier below.

So far...for 2011 it will be an interesting lineup:

Child of Eden
Forza Motorsport 4 (Kinect Compatible)
Kinect Star Wars
Brunswick Pro bowling
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Dance on Broadway
Showtime
You Don't Know Jack
Star
Dance Paradise
Fantastic Pets
Get Fit With Mel B
UFC Personal Trainer
Body and Brain Connection
Michael Phelps: Push the Limit
Mel B Dance
Codename D
Kinect Haunt
Project Draco
Rise of Nightmares
Spongebob Squarepants
Steel Battalion Heavy Armor
Yoostar 2: Movie Karaoke
Dance Central 2
Grand Slam Tennis
Kinect Disney
Sesame Street

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
havent got to pour a ton of time into it yet, played a tiny bit of kinect adventures more. My daughter put 30 mins into kinectimals and said she got bored, I wasnt in the living room so I dunno much about it. I watched the first 10 minutes or so and it seemed like a garbage tamagotchi game like I thought it would be, why is it good? id like to pass it on to her, maybe she missed the fun part.

I have fighters uncaged but we tried to turn it on and it has no 2 player and makes you go through training which is full of loading times and teaching you how to throw a jab, I might sit through it for 30 minutes to try the game but its really testing my patience. I hear the sports game is actually really good. My lighting isnt the greatest, have to lock the dogs out to play and cant do much w hen my 2 yr old is home but we will get into it soon im sure.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best 3 games by far are Dance Central, Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals and Your Shape Fitness evolved. Everything else is a tier below.

Child of Eden
Forza Motorsport 4 (Kinect Compatible)
Kinect Star Wars
Brunswick Pro bowling
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Dance on Broadway
Showtime
You Don't Know Jack
Star
Dance Paradise
Fantastic Pets
Get Fit With Mel B
UFC Personal Trainer
Body and Brain Connection
Mel B Dance
Codename D
Kinect Haunt
Project Draco
Rise of Nightmares
Spongebob Squarepants
Steel Battalion Heavy Armor
Yoostar 2: Movie Karaoke
Dance Central 2
Grand Slam Tennis
Kinect Disney
Sesame Street

itll be nice if this will slowly get away from fitness, dance and animal trainer games. I have no interest in any of them ad it seems its our main platform to work with. I go hike mountains for fitness

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
itll be nice if this will slowly get away from fitness, dance and animal trainer games. I have no interest in any of them ad it seems its our main platform to work with. I go hike mountains for fitness

Agreed. Aside from the Star Wars game these seem like a start (see below) but we need more Hard Core. Supposedly there is some game company working on a FPS integrating both a controller and Kinect. Also, supposedly another "main" FPS developer is working on a way to integrate both voice and hand gestures into a FPS with the controller still being the primary way of controlling it.

Codename D

As the main character of Codename D, you have to fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie monsters, unleashing mayhem as you go.
This could well be one of the most hotly anticipated titles targeted at hardcore gamers.

Project Draco

Project Draco” is an epic 3-D flying shooter which will allow you to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in aerial combat.

Steel Battalion

Steel Battalion Heavy Armor” revives the classic “Steel Battalion” series. The battlefield is set in 2082 Manhattan, but in a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy.

Haunt

Immerse yourself in spooky fun where you gather friends and family to delve into a haunted house dripping with mystery whilst dodging traps and outwitting ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner.

Rise of Nightmares

Rise of the Nightmares promises the ultimate spine-tingling horror experience. Think Silent Hill but much more unsettling and scary.
This is the first horror title for Kinect aimed at the hardcore audience

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

Interested to see what this is about. I know I can pull more bong hits than he can. HA. He might take me in the 100M Butterfly though.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested to see what this is about. I know I can pull more bong hits than he can. HA. He might take me in the 100M Butterfly though.

I dunno, I can toke with the best of them too but with his athletic abilities I have to assume his lung capacity makes us look dead.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice jeeps red rage :), yea going to bestbuy this weekend will look hard at buying kinect!!!! 500 dollar spending money helps heh love christmas

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice jeeps red rage :), yea going to bestbuy this weekend will look hard at buying kinect!!!! 500 dollar spending money helps heh love christmas

hell yeah buddy just did a 16 hour trail for new years day!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Kinect also has voice recognition. You can just tell it what you want it to do.

I told it to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kinect also has voice recognition. You can just tell it what you want it to do.

I told it to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!

My Kinect must have a newer firmware patch. I tried the same thing and it responded "get it your damn self".

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I just got it a few weeks ago, I love it. The kids love it more lol
No controllers, nice games (in HD) and will only get better. All around good investment!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good use of money, doesnt get played much by me but whenever my daughter has friends over its almost all they do!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about the Kinect now that it has been out awhile? I saw the 4GB bundle is going on sale for $250 this week at Walmart and I am tempted. The Disneyland game is pretty much a lock for my kids. Haven't had a 360 since my 3rd one RROD on me a few years ago. Is the hardware in the slims that much better?