Khalil Mack on the block?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The issue becomes the offensive line and DT. If you go after Mack, you are giving up first round picks AND money. This risk is manageable if Humphries stays healthy, but if not, you are really in a tight spot.

That being said, we won't be paying Bucannon 8 mil next year. We won't be paying Bradford 15 mil next year. That covers the cap hit.[/QUOT

I want saying they couldn't afford it what I probably should have said but "at what cost"? You make a good point about rookie contract for Rosen but you still have to deal with Mack this year too.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He would be a no brainer. Especially with Rosen on a rookie contract. Jones and Mack pass rush and the secondary we have would be amazing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't believe we are involved, but now would be the time to make the move. You get these types of guys when you are getting your QB cheap.
But we aren’t . . . yet. We do have Bradford’s contract this year. Unless we can push mack’s Contract to next year and we are comfortable going with Rosen as starter next season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
But we aren’t . . . yet. We do have Bradford’s contract this year. Unless we can push mack’s Contract to next year and we are comfortable going with Rosen as starter next season.
Yes. You would structure it as an extension which enables you to adjust this year's base salary, and still spread the signing bonus over 5 years.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a Packers fan, and every year he tells me about the one big free agent or trade rumor they are going to get to finally fix that garbage defense. Every year he is wrong. He called me a week or so ago and told me they were getting Mack. So now we know where he isn't going.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
yep,...this is it... sell out,..trade for Mack and Aaron Donald...those two guys will make us the best defense in the league for sure.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard Peter Carroll tweeted a video of 90s R&B classic, Return of the Mack on his account amid rumors SEA could be a landing spot for Mack if it doesn’t work out in OAK.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard Peter Carroll tweeted a video of 90s R&B classic, Return of the Mack on his account amid rumors SEA could be a landing spot for Mack if it doesn’t work out in OAK.

God I would be pissed!!!!!

Come on SK

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This is a no brainer. We must go all out and get him. Makes so much sense for us. If he goes to Seattle I’ll be so pissed

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what changed but something must have happened today. Every morning the guy on Channel 5 news in the morning, Dennis O'Donnell, says Mack isn't going to sit out once the season starts he'll be a Raider. Now the afternoon guy on channel 5 is reporting it's very likely Mack will miss games. The local Raider fan sites are still saying he's not on the trade block but the local news is acting like Gruden is happy with the young pass rushers on the team and ready to move on if Mack is going to play hardball. Might be a bluff but the local news sure seems to have changed their tune.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I don't know what changed but something must have happened today. Every morning the guy on Channel 5 news in the morning, Dennis O'Donnell, says Mack isn't going to sit out once the season starts he'll be a Raider. Now the afternoon guy on channel 5 is reporting it's very likely Mack will miss games. The local Raider fan sites are still saying he's not on the trade block but the local news is acting like Gruden is happy with the young pass rushers on the team and ready to move on if Mack is going to play hardball. Might be a bluff but the local news sure seems to have changed their tune.

Arden Key will be the real deal. Book it!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arden Key will be the real deal. Book it!

Yeah they have 3 rookie pass rushers the local media is just raving about. I assumed it was part of a plan to convince Mack they don't need him but who knows. I havent' watched them this year yet so I haven't seen them. Key is being compared to Simeon Rice locally.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Yeah they have 3 rookie pass rushers the local media is just raving about. I assumed it was part of a plan to convince Mack they don't need him but who knows. I havent' watched them this year yet so I haven't seen them. Key is being compared to Simeon Rice locally.

Great comp!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great comp!

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...-young-and-suddenly-very-formidable-defensive

That's one such story that one from a fan site. They compare Key to Von Miller in that one. The Mercury News and others have used Simeon Rice.

Note, all 3 of their picks in the draft were considered high risk, 2nd rounder from Sam Houston State, 3rd rounder(Key) with character issues, 5th rounder Hurst with a heart condition. So while all 3 look apparently look great now there was some risk.

And again with the Mack holdout it's also possible that they're being hyped to convince him and his agent they have options if he plays hardball.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems Gruden has turned this personnel saying "we were a bad defense with him here"

Yeah but he wasn't the reason your bad and if you think your bad now just wait till he's gone. This guy is young still on his rookie contract he hasn't even reached his prime yet. Gruden has hitched his wagon to Carr and the offense I can't wait to see this explode.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Glennon is available I’m hearing

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reports are Raiders are asking for 2 first round picks for Mack. Looks like he's oficially on the block.

I'd give em a 1 and a 3

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reports are Raiders are asking for 2 first round picks for Mack. Looks like he's oficially on the block.

I'd give em a 1 and a 3
I give them a 1 and a 2. This man is a once in a generation talent and the best defensive player in the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson