Khalil Mack on the block?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Finito, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Ronin

Ronin Quick to point out the obvious Contributor

daves likes this.
  2. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

Kind of makes this discussion pointless. We have our guy.

Cardsmasochist and BigRedRage like this.
  3. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

Lol and our year would go down in flames with a bunch of castoff CBs

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

4. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

Because the 5 to 6 wins we are already going to have will make us a super bowl contender?

Wilks and Holcomb have already proven that they don't need a premier CB to succeed in their system. That money could get funneled to Mack and we could immediately have the best pass rush in the league.

I love me some Pat. I really do. But Mack is a DPOY. Is a year younger. And plays a more important position on the field (when you look objectively between pass rush and CB).

You just look like a loyal homer if you can't, at the very least, acknowledge that this is a valid point.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Say Hello to the bad guy

Such a good statement here.

I mean, they are all good in their own ways.

Von Miller is kind of a one trick pony, but seriously, if the trick is as good as his is, who cares. His first step, balance, and quickness are so beyond ridiculous, that it really doesn't matter what his size is. He is ALMOST playing football without anyone in front of him.

Chandler Jones - We see him every game, and I think it is best to describe him as your prototypical DE for 2018. Lean and long, but strong, big but quick. Smart, yet good instincts. When Jones is on his game, he is a nightmare.

Mack - See my previous post.

Then there is Aaron Donald, a guy that when he came out in the draft, I said "we could put him at OLBer", and people said he was "too big". It doesn't matter with Donald, he can play anywhere in the front seven, IMHO. His first step is only behind Von Miller, and not by much, he is stronger than Mack, and I believe his football knowledge is better than anyone else listed here. He is that player, when you watch him, that makes the game look to easy.

For comparison's sake, I will bring in a hockey reference. Calgary Flames has this young phenom, named Johnny Gaudreau (aka Johnny Hockey), and while he is not the best player in the league, his skating abilities are RIDICULOUS. Point being, there are multiple clips of him FLYING do the ice, and he just stops on a dime, and that is not even hyperbole here, right at the edge of the net, flips the puck in, and GOAL! Looks SO EASY. You ask yourself, well why can't my guy on my team do that? Because it AIN'T THAT EASY. He just makes it look that way.

Aaron Donald makes football look easy. He sheds blocks like he is playing against toddlers, and again, his 1st step, for his size, is unbelievable.

Look at his 2018, Top 100 highlights, and there is a play against the Giants, where he literally at the snap of that ball, just goes right by the guard. Guy isn't even out of his stance, and Donald is past his hip, and on his way to the backfield.

You just watch it, and wonder, "Why can't my guy do that?" Because it defies football logic, that is why. LOL.

Dare I say it, when all is said and done, Aaron Donald could be looked as held in as high regard as Reggie White, a player that I put in my top 3, even maybe my top 2, even maybe best player of all time to step on a football field.

Guy is a modern day phenom.

6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

Damn, I guess I should just take this season off since we have no chance of any success.

Sure, pass rusher could be seen as more important but we have an elite pass rusher. Seems silly to decimate CB to overload olb. There are other ways.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

daves and Zeno like this.
  7. Ronin

Ronin Quick to point out the obvious Contributor

8. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Throw in Brandon Williams for good measure.

9. kerouac9

kerouac9 Boss Hogg

It's a little early for this. I'm interested to see how Chandler Jones responds to being a little closer to the offensive lineman.

The prototypical DE for a 4-3 is Julius Peppers, who was a generational talent, first-ballot Hall of Famer and still somehow underrated. Great size, great straight-line speed, great strength, fantastic flexibility, and strong hands.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  10. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Say Hello to the bad guy

All good points.

The thing with Jones is he is not as strong as most I listed, to be fair to Peppers, I was too much of a homer to really look in on him, in his prime.

But Peppers did look the part, and the fact he is still playing is ridiculous.

11. Brak

Brak Registered

[​IMG]

Krangthebrain, Ronin and daves like this.
  12. TJ

TJ The Chosen Sun

Cornerback depth is one of this team's biggest concerns. Take PP21 off the team, who's arguably the best in the NFL at his position, and you likely have a historically awful secondary. Like, Tommy Knight-type awful.

daves likes this.
  13. Matt L

Matt L formerly known as mattyboy

Is peppers still playing? 15 years in the league at DLine? he might be the best defensive player of all time.

14. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

It is arguable. Again, to me it is easier to pinch a 3 technique with a G/C combo vs chip a DE with a RB or TE.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Krangthebrain and WisconsinCard like this.
  15. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Meh, or Dwight Freeney but give me Deacon Jones any day :)