Khalil Mack on the block?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What exactly does that mean, really? Constrain your thoughts/insights within certain parameters? I could say something stupid as a Cards fan that would be overlooked by all here, but would not be overlooked as a Rams fan. Not complaining, because it's that way at other forums as well. It is, what it is.
It means we have a few mods who have zero business being in that position and many of us, including all opposing fans, suffer as a result.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Meh, or Dwight Freeney but give me Deacon Jones any day :)

Im not taking anything away from Freeney but I doubt the Panthers would have accepted a trade offer of Freeney for Peppers straight up. I also think the colts would have approved that trade if it was available.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So odds makers are saying the Packers are the favorites to land Mack

Mack has accepted an 800k fine so it's pretty serious. Good lord SK if every there was a time to fleece the Raiders again the time is now

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Such a good statement here.

I mean, they are all good in their own ways.

Von Miller is kind of a one trick pony, but seriously, if the trick is as good as his is, who cares. His first step, balance, and quickness are so beyond ridiculous, that it really doesn't matter what his size is. He is ALMOST playing football without anyone in front of him.

Chandler Jones - We see him every game, and I think it is best to describe him as your prototypical DE for 2018. Lean and long, but strong, big but quick. Smart, yet good instincts. When Jones is on his game, he is a nightmare.

Mack - See my previous post.

Then there is Aaron Donald, a guy that when he came out in the draft, I said "we could put him at OLBer", and people said he was "too big". It doesn't matter with Donald, he can play anywhere in the front seven, IMHO. His first step is only behind Von Miller, and not by much, he is stronger than Mack, and I believe his football knowledge is better than anyone else listed here. He is that player, when you watch him, that makes the game look to easy.

For comparison's sake, I will bring in a hockey reference. Calgary Flames has this young phenom, named Johnny Gaudreau (aka Johnny Hockey), and while he is not the best player in the league, his skating abilities are RIDICULOUS. Point being, there are multiple clips of him FLYING do the ice, and he just stops on a dime, and that is not even hyperbole here, right at the edge of the net, flips the puck in, and GOAL! Looks SO EASY. You ask yourself, well why can't my guy on my team do that? Because it AIN'T THAT EASY. He just makes it look that way.

Aaron Donald makes football look easy. He sheds blocks like he is playing against toddlers, and again, his 1st step, for his size, is unbelievable.

Look at his 2018, Top 100 highlights, and there is a play against the Giants, where he literally at the snap of that ball, just goes right by the guard. Guy isn't even out of his stance, and Donald is past his hip, and on his way to the backfield.

You just watch it, and wonder, "Why can't my guy do that?" Because it defies football logic, that is why. LOL.

Dare I say it, when all is said and done, Aaron Donald could be looked as held in as high regard as Reggie White, a player that I put in my top 3, even maybe my top 2, even maybe best player of all time to step on a football field.

Guy is a modern day phenom.

Did you ever watch Lawrence Taylor? Best front seven player ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So odds makers are saying the Packers are the favorites to land Mack

Mack has accepted an 800k fine so it's pretty serious. Good lord SK if every there was a time to fleece the Raiders again the time is now

would be nice if our GM wasn't suspended right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Derrick Thomas was the NFL Europe version of LT. Two Super Bowl teams were built around LTs awesome. Sure Thomas got sacks, but he was nowhere close to as good as LT as a run defender.

I remember watching a video on LT where Parcells said he knew his defense would be built around LT during his first practice. Or the game against the Saints where LT had three sacks with a dislocated shoulder.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Derrick Thomas was the NFL Europe version of LT. Two Super Bowl teams were built around LTs awesome. Sure Thomas got sacks, but he was nowhere close to as good as LT as a run defender.

I remember watching a video on LT where Parcells said he knew his defense would be built around LT during his first practice. Or the game against the Saints where LT had three sacks with a dislocated shoulder.

You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

In all fairness, though, DTs career was cut short with his death. Who knows how things would have ended with a few more years to play.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
In all fairness, though, DTs career was cut short with his death. Who knows how things would have ended with a few more years to play.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Taylor played what, two more seasons, and had around 400 more tackles...8 more interceptions...6 more sacks....An NFL MVP...2x Super Bowl Champion...8x 1st Team All Pro....

I'm not saying that Thomas sucks, he was a great player, but Taylor's numbers and achievements clearly demonstrate he was the best OLB ever, and probably best front seven player ever.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Did you ever watch Lawrence Taylor? Best front seven player ever.

Better than Reggie White ? No. I will not agree to that.

Every watch Andre Tippett, if he was on the Giants, maybe he is talked about like LT ?

Not taking anything away from Lawerence Taylor, I grew up in the sub-urbs of NY, in the 1980's so, yeah, I have seen that guy, and he was an amazing player.

You say it somewhere, and while I think it is debatable, it is still hard to argue against LT being the best OLBer ever.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt were involved at all. With CJ and PP already big bucks then adding KM would burn the entire defensive budget on three players

Yeah but going forward Fitz is going to be off the books and your going to have a QB on a rookie contract so your going to save a ton of money on offense

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt were involved at all. With CJ and PP already big bucks then adding KM would burn the entire defensive budget on three players

I don’t buy that after I see the Rams spending all this money and still supposedlynin. Zero danger of cap hell supposed to be almost 100 million under next year

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't believe we are involved, but now would be the time to make the move. You get these types of guys when you are getting your QB cheap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't believe we are involved, but now would be the time to make the move. You get these types of guys when you are getting your QB cheap.
The issue becomes the offensive line and DT. If you go after Mack, you are giving up first round picks AND money. This risk is manageable if Humphries stays healthy, but if not, you are really in a tight spot.

That being said, we won't be paying Bucannon 8 mil next year. We won't be paying Bradford 15 mil next year. That covers the cap hit.