Khalil Mack on the block?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so people are starting to talk that Mack might be on the trade block and the Raiders don't really have the money to pay him.

1st round pick in a heart beat

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
so people are starting to talk that Mack might be on the trade block and the Raiders don't really have the money to pay him.

1st round pick in a heart beat
Would take more than a 1st.

Don’t wanna see what it’d take and what our cap would look like.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Two first rounders in a heartbeat. Jones, and Mack, that would be ridiculous.

I am a huge Chandler Jones fan, HUGE! Mack is head and shoulders above him, and most players in the league (most meaning every single football player in the NFL).

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Would take more than a 1st.

Don’t wanna see what it’d take and what our cap would look like.

Cardinals are projected to have 90mil in cap space next year.

It would have to be a sign and re-do, plus some cuts to get it done.

Do not get me wrong, there is NO WAY this will happen, but still fun to think about.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am a huge Chandler Jones fan, HUGE! Mack is head and shoulders above him, and most players in the league (most meaning every single football player in the NFL).

NFL sack leader and most TFL in the entire league.... how exactly is he head and shoulder above CJ except maybe age??

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
NFL sack leader and most TFL in the entire league.... how exactly is he head and shoulder above CJ except maybe age??

Because he is a physical freak, and does things that other professionals cannot do. Again, I am a huge Chandler Jones fan. Mack is just at another level.

Mack is quicker off the ball, more powerful, and more athletic.

The tape don't lie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At 2:21......that is Reggie White type stuff right there, and he is faster, and quicker than Reggie White. Probably not as powerful as White tho, since Reggie White's power was unbelievable.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me guess guess 4yr/160 mil....

The reason, of course, is money. Mack wants to be paid similarly to Denver's Von Miller. According to Spotrac, the Broncos linebacker is in the middle of a six-year, $114.1 million contract that pays him $70 million in guaranteed money. Miller's average salary is $19 million a year; Mack is due approximately $13.8 million for this season.

About to start his fifth season in the league, Mack, 27, believes he's worth a more Miller-like commitment, and he's right. Mack has 40½ sacks over the past four years. He's as dominant a player as there is in the sport.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ce-would-the-raiders-really-trade-khalil-mack

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He gets double and triple teamed and still gets those sorts of stats. He's unbelievable.

I remember when many of us wanted him in the 2nd round of the draft lol.

It also goes to show you how much the Raiders d sucked. Everyone else on the defense was basically playing 10 on 8 or 10 on 9 (or 10 on 7 or 10 on 8 if you subtract the QB) and couldn't get it done. I'm glad Norton is now the Seahawks dc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think the Cards should give Golden a big contract, you should have no problem giving up picks and money for Mack, who is much, much better.

agreed. I'd much rather give up a 1st/2nd for Mack and spend buku dollars there than give Golden a big contract.

Mack/CJ on opposite sides of the defense would make them ferocious.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

"Head and shoulders ahead" would imply that he's significantly better than Jones. Results don't support this argument. Jones has more TFLs and sacks over Mack the past few years.

In terms of film, the difference in athleticism is negligible at best, but I know Jones uses technique well to shed blocks.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
"Head and shoulders ahead" would imply that he's significantly better than Jones. Results don't support this argument. Jones has more TFLs and sacks over Mack the past few years.

In terms of film, the difference in athleticism is negligible at best, but I know Jones uses technique well to shed blocks.

To each his own.

I stand by my claim, and very much so.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FTR - I'd trade for Mack in a heartbeat. Having Mack and Jones rush from the edges would be a nightmare for offenses.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score

Slow yur roll, bro! Mack is definitely great, but he's no Aaron Donald, who is the best defender in the NFL. It's amazing we were such screw ups to not pick him and AD in that draft, but then we couldn't afford both right now, so I guess it wasn't meant to be..

He will cost a lot to get, no doubt!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Slow yur roll, bro! Mack is definitely great, but he's no Aaron Donald, who is the best defender in the NFL. It's amazing we were such screw ups to not pick him and AD in that draft, but then we couldn't afford both right now, so I guess it wasn't meant to be..

He will cost a lot to get, no doubt!

Uh.......OK.

Do not remember saying he was Aaron Donald, or comparing him to Aaron Donald. When I say "most players in the league" that doesn't mean all, it means what it means, and that is most.

Read first, then overreact.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Having Mack and Chandler Jones would give us the best pass rushing defense in the league. I would love to see it happen. The Cards can easily make this happen with the money they have next year as well as the draft picks. Would Mack take 20 million a year and sign a 5 or 6 year deal?

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Uh.......OK.

Do not remember saying he was Aaron Donald, or comparing him to Aaron Donald. When I say "most players in the league" that doesn't mean all, it means what it means, and that is most.

Read first, then overreact.
You said: "and most players in the league (most meaning every single football player in the NFL). "most players" used with "every single player" is confusing when carefully read...Can I overreact now?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You said: "and most players in the league (most meaning every single football player in the NFL). "most players" used with "every single player" is confusing when carefully read...Can I overreact now?

Hamster it up all you want buddy. What I wrote makes perfect sense, sorry you cannot wrap your head around it.

Funny thing is you are so up in your own butt, you do not realize that I am saying Donald is in the same category and is better than Mack. If you are going to be defensive about everything stated, then go back to your team's board.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hamster it up all you want buddy. What I wrote makes perfect sense, sorry you cannot wrap your head around it.

Funny thing is you are so up in your own butt, you do not realize that I am saying Donald is in the same category and is better than Mack. If you are going to be defensive about everything stated, then go back to your team's board.

How does one double like a post on this board?

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score

Feel better now? Your second post did say Donald was a good or better than Mack, which wasn't apparent by your first post (at least not to me). Peace.