Kelly Oubre...

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What rights dont they have?

That can't be answered without turning this thread into a political discussion which was not my intention when I mentioned Moreno. And, not to be a jerk, but I truly believe that question cannot ever be answered sufficiently to anyone that could ask the question in the first place.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact that you ask this question is all I need to know. Bye!
Lol the fact you wont answer the question is expected. We all know they have the same rights as any other race.

Black balling someone because they support Trump would be a direct result of their intolerance and entitlement. They are brats and you feed it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the fact you wont answer the question is expected. We all know they have the same rights as any other race.

Black balling someone because they support Trump would be a direct result of their intolerance and entitlement. They are brats and you feed it.

Someone clearly doesn't know what black balling means.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
Someone clearly doesn't know what black balling means.
verb (used with object)
to vote against (a candidate, applicant, etc.).
to exclude socially; ostracize:The whole town blackballed them.
to reject (a candidate) by placing a blackball in the ballot box.
noun
a negative vote, especially in deciding on an applicant or candidate.
a black ball placed in a ballot box signifying a negative vote.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
verb (used with object)
to vote against (a candidate, applicant, etc.).
to exclude socially; ostracize:The whole town blackballed them.
to reject (a candidate) by placing a blackball in the ballot box.
noun
a negative vote, especially in deciding on an applicant or candidate.
a black ball placed in a ballot box signifying a negative vote.

Context matters JC. If you really think he just meant "voting against" than I don't know what to tell you because that would make almost every action any of us ever takes against another person to be "blackballing". If the league owners voted against him because of his pro-Trump stance, that might be black balling especially if it was orchestrated or done in secret. But for a player to simply use his negotiated rights to sign elsewhere or request a trade? That's hardly black balling.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SunsFanFirst , @JCSunsfan

SunsFanFirst, I did answer your question in post #794 regarding, "What rights dont they have?"

There is a difference in having legal rights by law and having those same laws applied fairly to black people fighting against racism.

I invite you and others to discuss your thoughts on the Politics and Religion forum perhaps under the topic Police Violence.

Here is a link:

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/police-violence.269586/

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
@SunsFanFirst , @JCSunsfan

SunsFanFirst, I did answer your question in post #794 regarding, "What rights dont they have?"

There is a difference in having legal rights by law and having those same laws applied fairly to black people fighting against racism.

I invite you and others to discuss your thoughts on the Politics and Religion forum perhaps under the topic Police Violence.

Here is a link:

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/police-violence.269586/

Thanks for the invite, I don’t think I will acept. I live in the realm of politics and religion all day every day. I come here to get away from all that. It’s my escape for a short time. I would like my opinions on the Suns to be viewed distinctly from my views on politics and religion. Based upon the present climate that is impossible if I enter into that discussion. Please no need to comment on this or continue this discussion here.

I like all—most all— the posters on this board— even the ones I disagree with most often. I have been a poster here for the better part of two decades. I would like to continue in the same way.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite, I don’t think I will acept. I live in the realm of politics and religion all day every day. I come here to get away from all that. It’s my escape for a short time. I would like my opinions on the Suns to be viewed distinctly from my views on politics and religion. Based upon the present climate that is impossible if I enter into that discussion. Please no need to comment on this or continue this discussion here.

I like all—most all— the posters on this board— even the ones I disagree with most often. I have been a poster here for the better part of two decades. I would like to continue in the same way.

The invite was intended as a polite way to redirect political discussion on the Suns forum to the Politics and Religion forum for those intent on continuing the conversation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll comment on this anyway. I completely understand your feelings on this subject and can't blame you a bit. I stayed away from the P&R board for years for that same reason.

Though I agree with much of what is posted in the Politics and Religion Forum, I usually stay away from the recommended "Police Violence" thread. IMO it gives a very one-sided view of a real problem. It might make more sense if it was paired by a thread showing all violence that seems unwarranted on the surface, instead of focusing on just one side of a real problem facing this nation - that being, violence

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So hey, how about Kelly Oubre? I think he will do well for the Warrior.

My concern is Kelly will turn into the player I always envisioned he would become with the Suns.

I guess we will find out. For sure, I'm not looking forward when the Suns play against him when they face the Warriors.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
My concern is Kelly will turn into the player I always envisioned he would become with the Suns.

I guess we will find out. For sure, I'm not looking forward when the Suns play against him when they face the Warriors.
What did you envision he would become?

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you envision he would become?

I liked Kelly before the Suns acquired him. I always thought he had the potential to become a third pillar or star for the team. The third piece if you will alongside Booker and Ayton.