Keim Steps Down

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh this is a stretch. I read that he could get better at those things, not that he isn't doing them.

Read it again and tell me where he said that?

LOL Anyone? So black and white. I think Murray can do more and that he doesn't know that he needs to work harder. This part of the institutional rot we've watched for the past two years.

I think Murray WILL figure it out....once he's a New England Patriot or a Dallas Cowboy.

It’s pretty obvious with this comment… He is very clear that he needs to improve at the little things and put in more work.

“I think it’s just that side of the game – the film study, the attention to detail part – that he can continue to improve upon and I think he will

And a big thumbs up to your last sentence.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious with this comment… He is very clear that he needs to improve at the little things and put in more work.

“I think it’s just that side of the game – the film study, the attention to detail part – that he can continue to improve upon and I think he will

And a big thumbs up to your last sentence.
What I think is going on is that Murray doesn't know that he needs to work harder and there was no one with enough credibility to teach him that.

I think he studies, but doesn't study enough.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’d listen to Keim everyday over that clown Mike Mayock as a draft analyst.

And people used to think he was worth listening to, including Mark Davis. How’d that work out?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think Keim was fine. Thought he would throw the organization under the bus, but he didn’t. Sounds like he’s divorced now?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Keim was fine. Thought he would throw the organization under the bus, but he didn’t. Sounds like he’s divorced now?

If he wants a shot somewhere he's gunna have to play it cool probably.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“General managers typically make around $1 million per year on the lower end of the spectrum, up to $7.5 million. The wide range of pay is because some general managers are seasoned veterans while others are in their first few years as a GM.Jan 20, 2023”

Anyone know where Keim was in the pay hierarchy

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh this is a stretch. I read that he could get better at those things, not that he isn't doing them.

Read it again and tell me where he said that?

LOL Anyone? So black and white. I think Murray can do more and that he doesn't know that he needs to work harder. This part of the institutional rot we've watched for the past two years.

I think Murray WILL figure it out....once he's a New England Patriot or a Dallas Cowboy.
Agree. Too many on this board keep implying that Murray hasn’t worked hard enough. Keim has said the exact opposite. He did say that Murray doesn’t currently have the mental acuity of Manning, Rodgers, Brady. But, at 25 how many have? What I take away from 4 years of Keim, Bidwill, and KK is that it’s a miracle that Murray has been as good as he’s been. How much better would he be if he had been drafted by a solid organization that would have done a much better job of protecting him & drafting much better weapons to put around him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agree. Too many on this board keep implying that Murray hasn’t worked hard enough. Keim has said the exact opposite. He did say that Murray doesn’t currently have the mental acuity of Manning, Rodgers, Brady. But, at 25 how many have? What I take away from 4 years of Keim, Bidwill, and KK is that it’s a miracle that Murray has been as good as he’s been. How much better would he be if he had been drafted by a solid organization that would have done a much better job of protecting him & drafting much better weapons to put around him.
Keim directly said he is a hard worker but he doesn't work on specific things that he needs to. It is a confirmation of what many of us feared. Will he get his head out and realize he needs to work more on film study? We shall see, and hope.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keim directly said he is a hard worker but he doesn't work on specific things that he needs to. It is a confirmation of what many of us feared. Will he get his head out and realize he needs to work more on film study? We shall see, and hope.
Doesn't. Does not. I don't think doesn't was said. I think it's a case of not knowing that he needs to do more. That's a much more accurate statement than saying he doesn't work on specific things.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
lol what the hell even is this quote

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not sure the overall context/point, but according to the site in a Stack defense there are 3 ILBs that play directly behind 3 DL. I don't think that's the defensive front that we typically use. So, it might not be as simple as saying he's an off-ball linebacker so he's a stack LB.

It also says "The other main calling card of this defense are the hybrid linebacker/safety positions. They’re called a lot of different names, usually dependent on the mascot of the team employing the scheme, and they’re coverage players who are also dangerous blitzers." That sounds a lot more like the role that Deone Bucannon/Simmons had than the role that Reddick had.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“General managers typically make around $1 million per year on the lower end of the spectrum, up to $7.5 million. The wide range of pay is because some general managers are seasoned veterans while others are in their first few years as a GM.Jan 20, 2023”

Anyone know where Keim was in the pay hierarchy

I don't know, but we would work for free.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Doesn't. Does not. I don't think doesn't was said. I think it's a case of not knowing that he needs to do more. That's a much more accurate statement than saying he doesn't work on specific things.
Plus in 4yrs he still hasnt been coached by a actual NFL coach just a loser college coach. In 4yrs kyler been under center what 5 times in the NFL this is craziness. I just want to see kyler with actual NFL coach and NFL offense, who will help him learn what he needs to do and know.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim should’ve gotten asked: “How did you manage to draft so atrociously during your time as GM?”
He def screwed up draft picks but all in all, he acquired talent consistently. Where he failed miserably was building coaching staffs to develop the talent.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plus in 4yrs he still hasnt been coached by a actual NFL coach just a loser college coach. In 4yrs kyler been under center what 5 times in the NFL this is craziness. I just want to see kyler with actual NFL coach and NFL offense, who will help him learn what he needs to do and know.
But he sees so much in his mind. How is anyone else going to help him get better than that?

Stout

Reaction score
It wasn't a direct quote, and the reality is the same. If he doesn't know he needs to work on doing more, he's not putting in the needed work to do more. We're just arguing semantics now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It wasn't a direct quote, and the reality is the same. If he doesn't know he needs to work on doing more, he's not putting in the needed work to do more. We're just arguing semantics now.
My argument is that it isn't willful. He just hasn't had the guidance on how he needs to prepare. Maybe watching more of Colt prepping last season will help?

Stout

Reaction score
My argument is that it isn't willful. He just hasn't had the guidance on how he needs to prepare. Maybe watching more of Colt prepping last season will help?
I don't think it's willful either, as in an "I'm just not going to do that stuff" sense. From all reports, including his own, he doesn't think he has to do it. Either way, it ain't good. Let's hope he gets the memo.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hard to see that when you leave the facility as soon as your contract hours are up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson