Ayton and murray get big extensions
Both have humiliating playoffs last year
Both devastated by injuries this year
Suns get rid of sarver and cards get rid of kliff/keim in same year

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know that many here are happy about Keim’s personal failures as much as the fact that the cardinals now have a chance to get someone better. That said, most posters don’t exactly verbalize this in the most compassionate manner.
Yeah...it has nothing to do with his personal stuff for me and I wish him all the best for all that stuff. Having said that? I think him stepping down was an opportunity to save face. Seems like MB has been "protective" of Keim for a long time. This may have been a hey...we are going to move on...because of your circumstances I want to give you a chance to resign. That wouldn't surprise me at all. Not the ideal way to move on from Keim but I am still happy the Cards are moving on from this chapter.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eerie how the suns and cards have mirrored each other:

Same year get #1 pick
With #1 suns finally get center and cards finally get QB
Said center and QB are good but leave a lot to be desired
Both have great regular seasons last year
Ayton and murray get big extensions
Both have humiliating playoffs last year
Both devastated by injuries this year
Suns get rid of sarver and cards get rid of kliff/keim in same year
Both have zero championships in Arizona.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder whether this actually gave Keim leverage to get a better buyout / keep getting paid in full "in a new capacity" with the team.

...dave
Honestly, I think a lot hinges on the validity of Kugler's situation. Could be a lot of concessions made, to sweep things under the rug.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t imagine they would tell the new GM who his coach is. If new GM picks his coach I doubt it would be Joseph.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
So you have buried guys that were under him but not actually him? The guy that was most responsible for all this mess? Huh.
Are you going to give him credit for the teams he put together under Arians? Or does he just get the blame when things are bad?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In the off-season of 2019 our last 3 first rd picks were Nkemdiche/Reddick/Rosen and the team was coming off a 3-13 season…. 31/32 GM’s lose their job at that point. You gotta hand it to Keim for taking advantage of a buffoon owner by keeping him “in the loop” while enjoying the Scottsdale night life.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are you going to give him credit for the teams he put together under Arians? Or does he just get the blame when things are bad?
We saw what he did after Arians. Puke.

Meanwhile, Arians got a SB somewhere else. Sure you can say it's TB, but he was 100 years old. There more to the team than him.

Although, I still think we win the SB without the major injuries in (15). Any one of us would have been better than Palmer. We had an historic year, then we just caved.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Meanwhile, Arians got a SB somewhere else. Sure you can say it's TB, but he was 100 years old. There more to the team than him.

Although, I still think we win the SB without the major injuries in (15). Any one of us would have been better than Palmer. We had an historic year, then we just caved.
It would’ve been an epic NFC Conference Championship against the Panthers had we been healthy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like to learn what really happened with Keim this year.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think we would have had a legit shot in 2014 had Palmer not torn his ACL. We were what, 8-1 when he went down. On comes Stanton followed by Lindley in the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave