Keim Steps Down

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not going to bury Keim. Under Arians, the Cards had arguably the most talented roster in the league. Keim deserves credit for that. But that last few years have been bad, even though they were a playoff team last year, and it’s time to move on from him.
So you have buried guys that were under him but not actually him? The guy that was most responsible for all this mess? Huh.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
nah... thats a quit. had stevie been fired Mike was on the hook for his contract... steve "deciding to step away" releases Mike from the obligation...as mao stated, likely a buyout agreement. very likely a move for steve...give up this contract but still have "A" job when he gets his **** together..."A" job is better than NO job... nfl GM's dont get many second chances
nah... thats a quit. had stevie been fired Mike was on the hook for his contract... steve "deciding to step away" releases Mike from the obligation...as mao stated, likely a buyout agreement. very likely a move for steve...give up this contract but still have "A" job when he gets his **** together..."A" job is better than NO job... nfl GM's dont get many second chances
makes sense. Surprised that Keim would agree to this though. I would think he’d say “I’m keeping the $, go ahead and fire me”.

Unless he’s getting almost all of the money anyway and MB is doing this to save face and make people think he’s not paying Keim in full too.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
makes sense. Surprised that Keim would agree to this though. I would think he’d say “I’m keeping the $, go ahead and fire me”.

Unless he’s getting almost all of the money anyway and MB is doing this to save face and make people think he’s not paying Keim in full too.
Nah - he doesn’t want this dragged into a court battle and his personal shenanigans getting brought to light.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Now the real serious question is who will interview and select the next GM? Will it be Bidwill alone or is he going to have Wilson and Harris involved too. You would think that a GM is the first order of business before a HC and considering who is left in the office to make this decision is a pretty scary proposition or will Bidwill just hand the reigns over to Wilson or Harris?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Schadenfreude

Is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The majority of the talent on those teams was acquired by his predecessor btw. And when Bluto did stumble (literally and figuratively) on to talented players they almost always left for greener pastures. Arians was the straw that stirred that drink on those teams.

There’s no defending Keim. His run as Cards GM was nothing short of atrocious.

Keim should have been removed years ago.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Fantastic! We need a fresh start.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The majority of the talent on those teams was acquired by his predecessor btw. And when Bluto did stumble (literally and figuratively) on to talented players they almost always left for greener pastures. Arians was the straw that stirred that drink on those teams.

There’s no defending Keim. His run as Cards GM was nothing short of atrocious.
You’re going to have no material now . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Schadenfreude

Is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.
I don’t know that many here are happy about Keim’s personal failures as much as the fact that the cardinals now have a chance to get someone better. That said, most posters don’t exactly verbalize this in the most compassionate manner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave