Kansas City Chiefs @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 9/2/22-9/10/22

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't bet, and if I did, this year I would NEVER pick the Cardinals, this week. I don't remember a season when we into the season opener with SO MANY game time decisions on players. If you feel that you have/want to bet, I suggest flipping a coin. JMO.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JFC, we traded for an injured CB? Because of course we did. Hell, I might have to play CB this weekend.
He had foot surgery in the off season after it wasn't healing as expected and it was known. That's why he only played 5 games last year. Aside from that, he's been healthy in the NFL and college. I'm fine easing him back to have him for the long run.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The MOST concerning this to me isn't Hop's suspension, or the defense. It's that we are at Home. That's something this team needs to fix. Dreadful home record last year.

And it's not like they can put it down to "fan pressure" or anything. No fan base in the league has lower expectations.
Yes, I would imagine the two areas of emphasis for this team this off season was finishing down the stretch and winning at home.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already posted but I guess KC is working cut recently cut S James Wiggins.

I can't hate on the gamesmanship.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are the Chiefs even top 2 in their division?

They have the best QB but the worst WR and RB room of the 4. Denver and the Chargers have better defenses I feel.

They probably have the best O line. Kelce is the best TE, + Mahomes. But after that they are 3rd or 4th in a lot of groups.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just a reminder, we're a 3.5 or 4.5 dog. Not a 13 or 14.5.
Don't forget to add the 3 points a home team gets automatically...so that's basically 6.5-7.5 home dogs...and if the comment after yours is correct, that the line has moved to 6, then they are basically saying Chiefs -9.

I still say Cards 36, Chiefs 24.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anybody tailgating on the great lawn this year?
I know Andy440 is no longer with us and was always generous about hosting. Just wondering if any one took over his spot on a regular basis?
We normally hang at Westgate bars but we are bringing my son with us to the opener and may try bringing him around the great lawn early to check it out. I also want to check out the new BetMGM book.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this season rides on Vance Joseph.

I think the offense has too much talent to not be good. There are probably 3-5 results riding on what Vance can do.