Kansas City Chiefs @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 9/2/22-9/10/22

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It's a real question of personal values

Some use cold, hard logic. Betting against my team is a win-win. Either the team wins which is good or I win some money which is also good.

Others consider that to be dirty money. They need to be all in on their team with all happiness riding on the outcome.

Jurgen Klopp on whether English soccer fans are more intense than German soccer fans:
Yeah I think so. It's more intense here. It's more important for the people if your team is winning or not.
Journalist: Why is that?
I think these people bet much more

I actually wonder if that's reflected in the posting on here. Some of the angry tirades after a loss should come with a disclaimer - I lost cash on this result. Same with those praised for their calm, rational dissection of a loss - of course I cleaned up so I can be measured. That way us observers can take this into account

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Serious question

Analysts seem to think Rodgers and Mahomes can turn lemons into lemonade.

Has any top QB ever suffered such a drop off in receiver talent and still been as good?
Tom Brady minus Randy Moss for starters. Too late to try to think of more.

I think you will see Adams post average #’s this year. He’s good, but Rogers made him great. Same with Hill.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think you will see Adams post average #’s this year. He’s good, but Rogers made him great. Same with Hill.
The year after Moss left NE, Brady’s receivers included Wes Welker, Dion branch, Edelman, Ochocinco, Gronk and Aaron Hernandez. Not exactly a bare cupboard

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The year after Moss left NE, Brady’s receivers included Wes Welker, Dion branch, Edelman, Ochocinco, Gronk and Aaron Hernandez. Not exactly a bare cupboard
Ocho Cinco was garbage at that point, Dion Branch was never successful anywhere but next to Brady, Edelman had 7 catches and Gronk and Hernandez were 21 year old rookies.

Cupboard wasn’t totally bare, but it was pretty suspect with only one proven receiving threat.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Brady had 4800 and 4400 yards in the 2 seasons with Moss and 50 passing TD's (by far his most) in his first season with him. Also had his 2 highest YPA years.

In his first year without Moss had 3900 yards. Brady was still great for sure, but nowhere near as statistically good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort