Josh Rosen speaks on his uncertain future on SI TV

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Man, I can't help but feel for the kid and I hope that everything pans out for him whether it's on the Cardinals or on a different team.

When the Cardinals launched their offseason workouts last week, they didn’t make quarterback Josh Rosen available to the media. Rosen has since made himself available to one media outlet.

In an interview with SI TV, the would-be franchise quarterback addresses his uncertain status with the franchise.

The full video is trapped behind a paywall, but a clip from the interview includes some thoughts regarding the extent to which he has been left to wonder what will happen next, along with the rest of us.

“I definitely understand the situation,” Rosen said. “I mean, it’s annoying but, like, it is what it is. Football’s a business, and I definitely the higher-ups and their decisions. . . . Whatever decisions are made, it’s my duty to prove them right if they keep me, and prove them wrong if they ship me off.”

The fact that no one knows, including Rosen, whether he’ll be shipped off only one week before the draft serves only to bolster the possibility that the Cardinals will use the first overall pick on quarterback Kyler Murray. If the Cardinals end up not drafting Murray and keeping Rosen, the team will have plenty of work to do to undo the weeks during which Rosen’s status was undermined by the uncertainty.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...breaks-silence-confirms-his-uncertain-status/

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any article? cant see twitter or video at work.

Summary is:

Last year was bad. He won 3 times and each felt like the super bowl. Would like that chance to feel that again with this team.

Understands football is a business and it is his job to prove them right if they keep him or wrong if he get rid of him.

My view:

It doesn't look like this process has affected him much one way or the other.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Summary is:

Last year was bad. He won 3 times and each felt like the super bowl. Would like that chance to feel that again with this team.

Understands football is a business and it is his job to prove them right if they keep him or wrong if he get rid of him.

My view:

He's been a pretty good soldier throughout this process. Keim is pretty lucky he has been so quiet whether he is traded or not. I would say many high draft picks would be holding out, demanding a trade or tweeting something dramatic. All would hurt his value for trade because those would confirm pre draft concerns and may drive teams away.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
With all the emphasis this organization reportedly places on character/what’s happening between ones ears.... Rosen >>>> Murray.

I suppose I’m going to end up supporting whomever the organization goes with based on their process, but I think they screw the pooch big time if the draft Murray and ship Rosen.

Josh stands on his own 2 feet. Kyler hardly strikes the same. I have a good buddy with 3 strapping warrior sons in their 20’s: he is over the top involved in the every detail of their lives, to the point the boys have suffered for it. When I read this BS about kyler being prodded with big questions, and literally looking to his dad for direction, that’s a major red flag for me. As much as I dearly love and respect my buddy, he has placed undue burden on his boys to fulfill goals/correct mistakes he feels he made at their age. It’s unhealthy IMO. I see Murray being in a near identical situation.

Hard pass.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we don’t draft Murray many will blast Keim for not taking him. If we take Murray Keim will get blasted for drafting a qb two years in a row. Keim will also get blasted if he trades Rosen without adequate compensation and Keim will get blasted if we keep both qb’s. The guy can’t win here unless the decision he makes translates into wins and success. I believe in Kingsbury. I think he can make his offense into better than average with Rosen. We need to improve the playmakers on this offense. We already have a new car sitting in the garage. Why buy another one? Murray does not guarantee success. Neither does Rosen. But keeping Rosen would guarantee us acquiring a sure fire blue chip player.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just focus on your job
Working is a privilege somewhere

Thanks, ill worry about that. Pretty much all the posts you read of mine are while I'm at work. If I focused on work the whole time I was here I would burn out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summary is:

My view:

Surprised he spoke. Very impressed by him throughout everything. Become even more of a fan with each passing day.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just f-ing keep the kid and get better by filling another need. Why is the FO overthinking this? I'm starting to sour on Keim, Michael, and others.
Remember, we have no idea what they are thinking and this could all be a facade. If we do jettison him, I will move on and root for the enw guy but I will be questioning the entire thought process from there.

OP
OP
D

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Updated the OP with a link to a PFT article where they quote what he said in the video for those that can't see the video or tweet.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If they don’t take Murray and tell Josh he was their guy all along there will still be some trust lost. Even if it’s a small percentage. After the debacle last year the last thing he needs is more uncertainty.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think the front office likes josh. They are not going to like the eventual divorce. They will state how much they still love him and wish him luck. But they can’t wait to walk down the street with their new girlfriend.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they don’t take Murray and tell Josh he was their guy all along there will still be some trust lost. Even if it’s a small percentage. After the debacle last year the last thing he needs is more uncertainty.

There is still a chance he is in the loop and none of this matters though.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the entire org knows what it's doing and Josh is in on it. I don't think they have any intention of trading him and are just trying to get someone to trade up to #1 and get more impactful picks. If that doesn't happen, they'll take one of two defensive players #1; Bosa or Williams. The Raiders are trying to call that bluff and IMHO will end up taking Kyler at #4.

This is how I see the top 4 going.

1. Williams
2. Bosa
3. Allen
4. Kyler

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How do you know he is?
The vibe I’m getting. With the change in tone after the “Josh is our guy” twitter post to no solid backing of him being in the future to being omitted from publications, along with lack of trust in the front office. I don’t think Keim is going to do the right thing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The vibe I’m getting. With the change in tone after the “Josh is our guy” twitter post to no solid backing of him being in the future to being omitted from publications, along with lack of trust in the front office. I don’t think Keim is going to do the right thing.

To me, it is far too convenient that he was removed from everything like that. I think it is all just a part of the game and he is in on it.