Jordan Hicks given permission by team to seek trade

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I simply said a safety can handle D calls and you decided to quote me and say usually MLBs have the green dot which is obvious info. Not sure where you are going with this.
John Johnson was calling plays for the Rams before his departure.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't De'Vondre Campbell still a free agent?

If so why not just resign him to take Hicks place. He was the better player last season IMO.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't realize that Hicks gave up 41 catches on 57 targets last season!!!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Collins make the right calls and fill the right holes?

Hard for him to be the QB of the D with no mentor right off the bat

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s about what hicks believes when he’s told his starting spot has been given to a kid without competing in camp.
Have the Cardinals announced that Collins will start and won't have to compete in camp? I mean, sure, the writing's on the wall, but Hicks could've chosen to fight for his spot & force the rookie to earn his time. Instead he asked for a trade.

:shrug:

...dave

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Have the Cardinals announced that Collins will start and won't have to compete in camp? I mean, sure, the writing's on the wall, but Hicks could've chosen to fight for his spot & force the rookie to earn his time. Instead he asked for a trade.

...dave
Keim pretty much stated so in his first press conference after selecting Collins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...dave

Phoenix radio, Cardinals station, talks as if its already set in stone.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#8 pick in the draft and a hugely coveted top-end talent vs a small school mid-round pick who was in no one's top 10. Big difference there.

Yet as a Linebacker Collins is much better prepared to start right away. Simmons had no clue how to play ILB having barely ever done it before.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all these comments are funny considering how much we improved against TEs last year.

Hicks didn’t have a great year last year. He had a pretty good season the year prior. I’m no Hicks fan, and I’m excited about Collins. But people that think hicks is trash are off base.

I don't think Hicks is bad. I do think it's fairly obvious that he's not right for Vance's system.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bring on the Rook!

Yeah, why not? I wasn't a fan of the pick, but we might as well figure out what we have ASAP. Sink or swim, rook!

Yet as a Linebacker Collins is much better prepared to start right away. Simmons had no clue how to play ILB having barely ever done it before.

Bad take.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, why not? I wasn't a fan of the pick, but we might as well figure out what we have ASAP. Sink or swim, rook!

Bad take.

Why? I had this argument last draft season. Simmons was a safety nearly his whole college career. When he did play LB it was nearly always WLB in a 4-3 with a specific role in mind such as covering a slot or spying the QB.

Actual down within 5 yards of the LOS diagnosing plays, filling gaps etc he barely ever did. The only time I can recall was when that dude was ejected in the championship game and he had to fill in. And he was a ghost.

That's why he looked so lost in his early reps.

Zaven Collins has 3 seasons of doing nothing but MLB duties. He's far more prepared for the position.

I'll be honest. I'm still more concerned about Simmons. Yes he got much better as the season went on but he still has a bunch to do on the mental side.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Hicks is bad. I do think it's fairly obvious that he's not right for Vance's system.
When you can’t cover anybody, be a bad blitzer, & become bad at what you were best at, you’re not right in any system.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bad take.
People were debating what position Simmons fits best at last offseason & really haven’t gotten an answer yet. While Zaven is still learning the fine nuances of ILB himself, he’s still far ahead of Simmons in that department due to experience. I think there’s a good chance a rookie Zaven outperforms a 2nd year Simmons rather easily.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People were debating what position Simmons fits best at last offseason & really haven’t gotten an answer yet. While Zaven is still learning the fine nuances of ILB himself, he’s still far ahead of Simmons in that department due to experience. I think there’s a good chance a rookie Zaven outperforms a 2nd year Simmons rather easily.

So u think Simmons probably is wasted at ILB, maybe they can use him at SS?
Honestly I see a an athletic freak guy but his insticts scares me
Speed is nothing if u react 0.5 sec later or u have no clue where the play will be

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

People ON MESSAGE BOARDS were debating that; there was no debate from the team when he was selected. I very much disagree with the rest of your assertion, too. There's a chance he can outperform Simmons, but rather easily? Nah. Of course, we're both just slinging opinions on that last point.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speed is nothing if u react 0.5 sec later or u have no clue where the play will be
I think Simmons is too heavy-footed to play SS, so he kind of has no choice but to continue to climb up that hellacious mountain of learning to play ILB, which is why I’m still not a fan of the pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People ON MESSAGE BOARDS were debating that; there was no debate from the team when he was selected. I very much disagree with the rest of your assertion, too. There's a chance he can outperform Simmons, but rather easily? Nah. Of course, we're both just slinging opinions on that last point.
It’s not like Simmons had some impressive rookie year or anything.

If Zaven can’t outperform a rookie Simmons, then we’re screwed like hell.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Simmons is too heavy-footed to play SS, so he kind of has no choice but to continue to climb up that hellacious mountain of learning to play ILB, which is why I’m still not a fan of the pick.

The hallacious :eek: seems like u giving him few chance to succeed

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just when I may think that posters have run out of adjectives to describe the seemingly endless, futile sisyphean task of bringing victory to this franchise, here comes another. ;)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wish. I still think he would be an elite SS. Allow him to use his ability to move around and do more things with him than at ILB where he will always have more defined duties on every down.