Jordan Hicks given permission by team to seek trade

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
people ***** about simmons barely getting playing time last year but now ******** that we are going to thrust these two into the defense. Cant win.
Horrible take. There’s a canyon of options between those two rims. And it’s quite grand.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible take. There’s a canyon of options between those two rims. And it’s quite grand.
You can choose to be super negative about it, I simply choose not to. We're all in with two top tier MLB draft picks and I'm pumped for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
GET PUMPED OUCHIE!!!!
I’m excited for him. My favorite defense was the dansby/Washington combo. And I always salivated over the keuchly/Davis combo. This duo has that level of potential. But I also understand hedging. And planning based on knowledge verses hope. Starting a rookie isn’t crazy. But usually you make that determination during training camp once you’ve seen him capable of the responsibilities. Here it’s just hope as we will start two players with a grand total of 7 starts between them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not saying he's going to be delirious. But if they give him a chance to move on and he can't find one he can hardly hold it against the Org.

I mean, he shouldn't logically, but you can't really control a player's emotional response. There are lots of ways that players feel angry with this organization when they leave. Happens with Keim almost 100% of the time. It's a cold business.

Also, I like the idea of budda with the green dot. He needs to be on the field every play anyway and he is a clear leader

Budda was on the field basically 100% of the time last year. I definitely like the idea of him playing closer to the LOS since he sucks in space.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I support this. If Collins was going to be the pick, I had felt he'd just sit around on the bench most of the year. At least now we get to try to get someone on the field and grow with the team instead of having him play in 6 games, panicking, and drafting another ILB in the first next year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can choose to be super negative about it, I simply choose not to. We're all in with two top tier MLB draft picks and I'm pumped for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Nice hyperbole doubling down on your previous horrible take. Never did I say I am “super negative” on it. I think it’s an unnecessary risk to construct a roster where you don’t have anyone with worthwhile experience at two starting spots. Collins, Simmons and Vallejo combine for 8 starts in their careers.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of releasing Hicks. A trade is more palatable but I like the idea of depth especially with Collins never playing a down in the NFL. I hope Hicks checks the market and he decides to stay.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice hyperbole doubling down on your previous horrible take. Never did I say I am “super negative” on it. I think it’s an unnecessary risk to construct a roster where you don’t have anyone with worthwhile experience at two starting spots. Collins, Simmons and Vallejo combine for 8 starts in their careers.
Perception is reality. Bust of luck on the pessimism.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hicks isn't good, but proclaiming a kid from Tulsa the starter and alienating a leader on D to the point he requests a trade is just stupid.

Hoodhero

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So Hicks doesn't think he can beat out Collins & has no interest in mentoring cause of playing time incentives tied to contract I'm guessing?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Hicks doesn't think he can beat out Collins & has no interest in mentoring cause of playing time incentives tied to contract I'm guessing?

for all we know, we drafted collins and said expect him to start and hicks is upset about it and wants out. If so, handwringing is just handwringing.

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Keim is from my neck of the woods here in PA, and I know some of his old buddies. If Keim could have strangled Joseph last year for not playing Simmons, he WOULD have. Bottom line, you don’t draft a player at 8, and sit him on the bench until midseason. Especially when your D is below average to begin with.

Really? Keim signed Campbell to fill the inside role next to Hicks and he played well initially, and the "D" was not below average..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal