Johnny Football Suspended...

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome! Why suspend him at all if you have no proof of anything?

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
So A&M knew something would eventually come up, so they cut a deal. The NCAA, in an effort to flex its muscles, looks more impotent than ever. And they guy who broke the rules gets to spend half his time safely on the bench for what amounts to a preseason game.

This wussy deal wouldn't have anything to do with the Alabama/A&M game in Week 2, would it? Nahhhhhh...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, so nothing happened to Cam Newton, but Manziel got a half? Did he kill someone after signing autographs "for free", allegedly?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want this guy on the Cards before his offseason of stupidity.. Even less now after it..

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow, so nothing happened to Cam Newton, but Manziel got a half? Did he kill someone after signing autographs "for free", allegedly?

Nothing? He was banished to Blinn Jr College.

Of course Brenham isn't such a bad place. That's where they make Blue Bell Ice Cream (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Bell_Creameries) and is a little over an hour from Houston and 2 hours from 6th street in Austin. Party time!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Good thing he didn't get any tattoos. That makes you bowl inelgible and on probation for a year.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Then you had Devier Posey get suspended, I think for 10 games his senior year, because it was determined that he was overpaid on his job by $3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you had Devier Posey get suspended, I think for 10 games his senior year, because it was determined that he was overpaid on his job by $3.

don't forget the 7 cents! That was in that book that's coming out and it sure makes the NCAA look bad because it's apparently quite obvious the NCAA knew how little the amount actually was when they suspended him.

With Manziel one point already made, if he did nothing wrong why any suspension at all? The other, A&M isn't out of the woods yet, they still have to decide if they play him or not because if sometime down the line someone decides to give the NCAA proof they paid Manziel, A&M will face strict liability for playing him ala Derrick Rose at Memphis.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The Aggies are lucky Manziel didn't get a tatoo.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, there was simply no way they were suspending him for even 1 game. The money is too big.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
don't forget the 7 cents! That was in that book that's coming out and it sure makes the NCAA look bad because it's apparently quite obvious the NCAA knew how little the amount actually was when they suspended him.

With Manziel one point already made, if he did nothing wrong why any suspension at all? The other, A&M isn't out of the woods yet, they still have to decide if they play him or not because if sometime down the line someone decides to give the NCAA proof they paid Manziel, A&M will face strict liability for playing him ala Derrick Rose at Memphis.

I think part of this "settlement" is a double-jeopardy agreement. The NCAA won't pursue any further investigation and considers the case closed. The punishment has been handed out and there won't be any more, even if new info comes out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty hilarious penalty.

The NCAA will probably follow their usual routine and punish A&M for Jonny Football's actions and only after Manziel leaves and tell them their wins didnt count. Like when they punished OSU and USC retroactively despite having investigated claims against previously.

What a joke.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think part of this "settlement" is a double-jeopardy agreement. The NCAA won't pursue any further investigation and considers the case closed. The punishment has been handed out and there won't be any more, even if new info comes out.

I doubt it. OSU had their tattoo scandal, NCAA investigated and then let Pyror and others play in the Sugar Bowl... but suspending them for the beginning of the next year, which obviously made no sense at the time. Then later the NCAA really brought the hammer down on the University. Made them vacate the Sugar Bowl win (after originally letting the players play) and gave them a bowl ban.

I would not be at all surprised to see a similar end to this A&M scandal down the road.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
As I said, there was simply no way they were suspending him for even 1 game. The money is too big.

+1.

Doesn't hurt that he is white, and his parents are loaded.

A son of a rich, white oligarchist who lives in Texas?

Not a chance he was getting punished.

And yes, I am stereotyping to save you all the mud slinging.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

A 1/2 a game? Lol
Boy they threw the electric chair at him didn't they? Wow
The NCAA is a ****ing joke

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. OSU had their tattoo scandal, NCAA investigated and then let Pyror and others play in the Sugar Bowl... but suspending them for the beginning of the next year, which obviously made no sense at the time. Then later the NCAA really brought the hammer down on the University. Made them vacate the Sugar Bowl win (after originally letting the players play) and gave them a bowl ban.

I would not be at all surprised to see a similar end to this A&M scandal down the road.

agreed.

seriously...how can Cbus complain about the OSU thing. They got caught red-handed...then tried to cover up what they did...and STILL were allowed their players to play that season.

A&M will likely get theirs...once the NCAA squeezes every last drop out of them that they can.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Johnny Football will wind up the next TheTodd Mariiiiiinovich.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did I drift into the college forum accidentally? :D

No wonder that place is a ghost town.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard