JJ Watt update?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
People need to stop looking at average recovery times and realise these guys have access to the best drugs available and the NFL doesn't really even care.

Remember Ray Lewis coming back for the playoffs 2 months after suffering a major injury? Same situation.
Three types of being:
-Injured
-NFL Injured
-JJ Watt Injured

The man played the entire second half of the Texans game with one arm and one shoulder. Crazy...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is pleasantly shocking news. That said, if this is procedural then it was going to happen no matter what if they wanted him to have a chance at playing again this season. That ALSO said, they wouldn’t have done it if there wasn’t any chance of him playing. This is nuts. I hope he brings something more than emotional lifting because if he’s got any of “it” in him you know he’s going to give it all and that could be a tremendous difference maker against playoff teams.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is pleasantly shocking news. That said, if this is procedural then it was going to happen no matter what if they wanted him to have a chance at playing again this season. That ALSO said, they wouldn’t have done it if there wasn’t any chance of him playing. This is nuts. I hope he brings something more than emotional lifting because if he’s got any of “it” in him you know he’s going to give it all and that could be a tremendous difference maker against playoff teams.
What it sounds like is that he might be a few weeks away from playing and you have to activate him after a certain period of time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What it sounds like is that he might be a few weeks away from playing and you have to activate him after a certain period of time.
I don’t think wild horses could drag him away from a first round playoff game.

If nothing else, this is an emotional jolt right before the playoffs.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If memory serves before the season started the Cards said they would limit Watt’s snaps, using him strategically. Instead he played a ton. Now will they use him strategically or let him play as often as he chooses? Left to his own devices, Watat would destroy himself to win.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Tried to send you a DM but for some reason I'm not allowed

Titans have no chance to catch the Packers.

I have lost our avatar bet.

The choice is now yours.
Please be gentle sir, you are my first

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The choice is now yours.
haha

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If memory serves before the season started the Cards said they would limit Watt’s snaps, using him strategically. Instead he played a ton. Now will they use him strategically or let him play as often as he chooses? Left to his own devices, Watat would destroy himself to win.

Once the game starts and they shoot him up pain won’t be an issue. We’ll know pretty quick if he’s strong enough to make an impact. It’s not like any of our rotational DT’s stand out in terms of being a massive liability right now.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice he will be a welcomed addition to def in gm 1 of poffs :) and motivated! Wb watt

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He can absolutely be a difference maker in the playoffs. I have no doubt.

If teams don't account for him he can wreck them...so at the very least he is going to command double teams his first game back or until he proves it's not needed.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That seems to imply that he needs to be activated before the end of the season to have any chance. If that is the case and we make it all the way to the SB, do we need to do the same with D-Hop so he has a chance to play?
They have a 21 day window. He can practice anytime in the next 21 days & officially be added to the active roster. He won't play Sunday but will play in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Been saying it for some time now when others were saying "how effective can he be with one arm"? Very effective if he does nothing more than attract double teams & just bat down passes at the Los. Batting down passes are drive killers & can lead to int's. I'll take it.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been saying it for some time now when others were saying "how effective can he be with one arm"? Very effective if he does nothing more than attract double teams & just bat down passes at the Los. Batting down passes are drive killers & can lead to int's. I'll take it.
Yeah but how effective will be fighting off OL with one arm to get into those passing lanes? I think its more of an inspiring the troops type of move unless his shoulder wasn't the train wreck reported.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I don’t get the whole one arm thing… THey said he’s at the point where he can do nothing more in the weight room it was time to activate him… I can only imagine the amount of strength is showing in the weight room I doubt he’s going to be playing with “one arm” nor would he subject the team to that if he don’t think he can perform. Nor would they let him if he wasn’t showing the promise that he can.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah but how effective will be fighting off OL with one arm to get into those passing lanes? I think its more of an inspiring the troops type of move unless his shoulder wasn't the train wreck reported.
Oh he messed it up good, labrum & rotator cuff plus a biceps injury. Doubt he would be trying to comeback if he only had one good arm? You could be right, just an inspiring type thing but I really think he's gonna be giving it a go next week. I listened to Keim on Burns & Gambo & he said that a person can't truly believe just how hard Watt works until they see it for themselves. I'm paraphrasing of course but it was along those lines. He's 6' 5" so he can block passing lanes rather easily. Even having Watt at 75% if that ends up being the case is better than our current DL at 100% other than maybe Jordan Phillips which is probably about 2-3 weeks away from coming back. Love Corey Peters & he still plays hard but he doesn't move side to side as well as he once did.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea I don’t get the whole one arm thing… He said he’s at the point where he can do nothing more in the weight room it was time to activate him… I can only imagine the amount of strength is showing in the weight room I doubt he’s going to be playing with “one arm” nor would he subject the team to that if he don’t think he can perform. Nor would they let him if he wasn’t showing the promise that he can.
He attacks his rehab hard. According to one of the show's on 98.7 he was already doing light lifting just weeks after his surgery. Keim was raving today about just how hard he works. He wouldn't wanna come back if he just had one good arm so I feel exactly like you do in that regard.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The choice is now yours.
First, kudos to you for owning up to it. I hadn’t even remembered without your reminder. Second do I have to do anything or just provide you with an image (I’m oldish. But when it comes to technology I’m ancient).