JJ Watt update?

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He can absolutely be a difference maker in the playoffs. I have no doubt.

If teams don't account for him he can wreck them...so at the very least he is going to command double teams his first game back or until he proves it's not needed.

Watching those first 7 games he seemed to be in the head of the opposition QB at times, whether he was making plays or not.

They were acutely aware of him and seemed uncomfortable, made uncharacteristic errors.

Not sure how you measure presence

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
First, kudos to you for owning up to it. I hadn’t even remembered without your reminder. Second do I have to do anything or just provide you with an image (I’m oldish. But when it comes to technology I’m ancient).
yeah my tech skills are pretty limited too, lol... but get me an image and I should be able to figure out how to get it loaded in

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if Watt starts, and Jordan Phillips is healthy, we would start Watt at DE, Lawrence at DT, and Phillips at the other DE.

We would rotate in Z. Allen, Peters and probably Dogbe.

Damn.
I’d bet on Watt playing more to finish the season than Princess Phillips.

Reactions: PJ1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... it would be a big bummer now for him NOT to play because you know everyone's getting their hopes up for it. it's impossible not to.
Exactly. That's why for me, he needs to play at least 2 series, probably 3.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
DHop's recovery is 6 weeks, putting him recovered on Jan. 24 w/no setbacks. So he COULD play in the second round if he comes back a day earlier.....playing shape is a whole other animal....

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DHop's recovery is 6 weeks, putting him recovered on Jan. 24 w/no setbacks. So he COULD play in the second round if he comes back a day earlier.....playing shape is a whole other animal....

Hop not coming back man. Even if we do make the SB. He’s done.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Imagine we win Monday w/Watt playing limited snaps and the following game DHop DOES come back to contribute! Wouldn't that be something... I read a grade 3 (worst one) tear usually takes four to eight weeks to heal, unless the ACL is also damaged, in which case recovery may take longer.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
anybody around that seen Goldberg play - ole number 99 - had to be the time before and after the card pitts teams? Went to war and came back and earned a pro bowl and the last Cardinal championship in 1947. What a Bad AZ! Probably history lost with lil Billy Bidwill, the ball boy that became owner. Yea JJ that’s like 198 reasons to earn thus championship.

thats just cool, his nick name was Biggie because of his lack of size as a small child. West Virginian with a Dad born in Ukraine and was a machine tool salesman. Last page begs if he has any funny stories about, HS, college or service football, dude just got back from serving on an ammo supply boat during ww2 in the South Pacific, I know my uncle Charlie cleaned up mass if bodies from beaches with backhoes there, didn’t want to talk about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: