JaMarcus Russell Tryout?

Should we give JaMarcus Russell a tryout?

• Total voters
OP
OP
earthsci

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I say yes. If he's a fat tub of goo and looks like he won't amount to anything, don't sign him. If he's actually doing something with the potential that he had/has he could be a find.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
do it. Nothing to lose. Even out of shape, he has more "upside" than Skelton or Lindley

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine he'd help us but I can't see any reason to not give him a tryout.

Steve

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will say it right now. In good condition, Russell is no better than Skelton and Skelton is probably better. Skelton can throw the ball the just as far as him within a 100 yard space, so it does not matter if Russell can hit a car in the parking lot while on the field with the roof open because dude cannot hit the car he would be aiming at. There is my answer :D

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont really view Russell as a tragic case of wasted talent... IMO he never was talented. He is too slow, too inaccurate and too stupid to ever have been a successful QB no matter where he ends up.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I dont really view Russell as a tragic case of wasted talent... IMO he never was talented. He is too slow, too inaccurate and too stupid to ever have been a successful QB no matter where he ends up.

This, though I do not think he is stupid...when your as inaccurate as him, every pass tends to look stupid

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Go look at both Skelton's and Russell's career statistics. Eerily identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
How could anyone give the guy a second chance ?

I just don't see how that can be done, the guy's legacy is that he is a joke, has a drug problem, no drive, no ability to be humble, and the list goes on.

It is a shame because his arm when he came out of college was ridiculous. I have never seen a ball throw with so much velocity.

Guy has the physical gifts, but mentally he is still in the third grade........so about 4 grades under my current maturity level.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Exactly. How that guy ended up being the #1 overall pick is beyond me. Maybe we can have the ghost of Al Davis make an appearance and make the pick for the Raiders this year.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you? Isn't the goal of the organization to improve as a team and win championships? So if he takes the necessary steps there is nothing wrong with having a look.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never, ever pick up Al Davis' 1st round draft choices.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the worst thing that can happen?

Arians falls in love with his moxie?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Why not? Everyone deserves a second chance. Who knows, maybe he really is trying hard to turn his life around? Even if there's a 5% chance of him being successful, what do you have to lose? May as well give the guy a tryout.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? Everyone deserves a second chance. Who knows, maybe he really is trying hard to turn his life around? Even if there's a 5% chance of him being successful, what do you have to lose? May as well give the guy a tryout.

95% chance of failure sounds right

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If that cat is still tipping 3 hundo than he is about as serious as he's always been. No thanks.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Jamarcus in college was not as bad as what everybody is saying. His last year he had over a 68% completion percentage, 9.1 avg yards per completion, over 3,000 yards, and a 28-8 TD to INT ratio.

Also add in the fact that in 2006 (year before draft year) he had the 4th highest number of completions, 1st in completion percentage, 2nd in yards, 1st in yards per attempt, 1st in adjusted passing yards per attempt, 2nd in touchdowns, and 1st in passing efficiency rating.

On top of everything, he played for the RAIDERS. I'd give the guy a shot. Let him try to make the team with some quality leaders around him. Would be intriguing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard