I've never had more hope for a HC and staff

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coaching matters. Most of us were caught up in the “ glitter offense” we were running. Now we are seeing what an NFL offense needs to do to be efficient. We screens are out. No huddle is out. Actually running the ball on 2nd and 9 is in.
Not getting called for a delay of game penalty after coming back from wasting a time out is refreshing

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I called this from day 1 mainly because I live in Eagle country & have followed him for 2 years. The Eagles had a trash D when he started there & their locker room was not a cohesive one. Fletcher Cox didn’t initially buy in and it took half of 2021 for that Eagles team to start to gel. I understand that JG wasn’t the HC, but he did more with that D with less that first season. And then in 2022, with a little more talent on the defensive side of the ball, that team came to fruition.

But, none of this happens if Bidwill didn’t FINALLY realize he needed to go outside this hapless franchise and hire Monti. Having spent time at NE & TN, Monti knows the significance of PROCESS & culture to build sustainable success. It’s early on, but Michael’s decision is probably the best decision this family has made in my lifetime as a fan. I get criticized for even mentioning it, but yes, that’s 60 years as a fan.
It's also interesting to note that this year's Eagles defense is basically giving up double in just about every category, than 2022. They are winning by offense alone, right now. Losing Gannon and Rallis has had a huge impact on that team, so far.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The point about Kyler is important. He's been a winner and quickly sniffs out incompetence like the previous staff.

It will be interesting to see how Murray does this season. If he takes this offense to another level maybe there will be more Cardinal Red at State Farm.
Slow them horses down. He was part of this incompetence, and what has he won with us, exactly? Nothing--including more than a few attempts to clinch a playoff berth. He has made positive changes, and I think everyone on the board would express some level of optimism surrounding that moving forward, but let's not pretend it was all Kliffy.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My friend says that JC is his favorite HC that he worked for. Says he is super smart and a great leader. Says that JG's staff and the guys on the roster have really bought into what JG is building here.

He has also worked with Jim Harbaugh who he thought was a total A$$ and hated working for. He liked Kliff but said he was a terrible HC and he told me this while he was coaching with him.
Is JC a typo?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slow them horses down. He was part of this incompetence, and what has he won with us, exactly? Nothing--including more than a few attempts to clinch a playoff berth. He has made positive changes, and I think everyone on the board would express some level of optimism surrounding that moving forward, but let's not pretend it was all Kliffy.
I'm pretty close to saying it was all Kliffy. I never went so sour so fast on a coach. And there was 0 respect for him from Kyler.

I'm very excited to see what K1 brings this year. And he was a winner in college. Kliff was a turd and still is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fact that he took that garbage team from 3 in 2018 to 5, 8, and then 11, all with an incompetent coaching staff top to bottom speaks volumes of how good he can be with a coaching staff that actually knows how to make different adjustments from week to week in order to win. With KK running the show, Murray was EVERYTHING & literally had to be Superman for this team to win. No QB in this league would have done any better during that era under KK.

Stout

Reaction score
The fact that he took that garbage team from 3 in 2018 to 5, 8, and then 11, all with an incompetent coaching staff top to bottom speaks volumes of how good he can be with a coaching staff that actually knows how to make different adjustments from week to week in order to win. With KK running the show, Murray was EVERYTHING & literally had to be Superman for this team to win. No QB in this league would have done any better during that era under KK.
Hard disagree. Very, very hard disagree. Try to pin it all on Kliffy if you want--and he has the lion's share of the blame--but Kyler developed a lot of bad habits all on his own. And they were awful.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hard disagree. Very, very hard disagree. Try to pin it all on Kliffy if you want--and he has the lion's share of the blame--but Kyler developed a lot of bad habits all on his own. And they were awful.
I'd argue the lion's share of the blame should be on Keim, then Kliff, then Kyler.

And you could argue further that the root cause of it all is the Bidwill family...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My friend says that JG is his favorite HC that he worked for. Says he is super smart and a great leader. Says that JG's staff and the guys on the roster have really bought into what JG is building here.

He has also worked with Jim Harbaugh who he thought was a total A$$ and hated working for. He liked Kliff but said he was a terrible HC and he told me this while he was coaching with him.
Tell your buddy I have dubbed them "JG and the Lost Boys"
Because if you believe...you can fly!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard disagree. Very, very hard disagree. OROY in 2019 & Pro Bowler in 20 & 21. All while his HC made ZERO adjustments once teams figured us out. Had ZERO to do with any bad habits by Murray. And 22 was a $hit show with like 10 different OL combinations, DHop suspended 5 games & then Hollywood being out 5 weeks as soon as DHop returned. Add a defense led by JV70 & there was absolutely nothing Murray could have done to reverse what took place.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don’t want to re-litigate the Kliff stuff only to say that Kyler deserves a chance with a real NFL coaching staff which he’ll get now.

The jury’s obviously still out on whether Gannon and crew are a good NFL staff and that Kyler is the player we hope he is but no doubt that they’ve actually earned their respective chances unlike Kliff.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Hard disagree. Very, very hard disagree. OROY in 2019 & Pro Bowler in 20 & 21. All while his HC made ZERO adjustments once teams figured us out. Had ZERO to do with any bad habits by Murray. And 22 was a $hit show with like 10 different OL combinations, DHop suspended 5 games & then Hollywood being out 5 weeks as soon as DHop returned. Add a defense led by JV70 & there was absolutely nothing Murray could have done to reverse what took place.
Eh…he definitely could’ve played better last year. That being said the whole organization was a clown car sh-t show last year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty close to saying it was all Kliffy. I never went so sour so fast on a coach. And there was 0 respect for him from Kyler.

I'm very excited to see what K1 brings this year. And he was a winner in college. Kliff was a turd and still is.
And HS :)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'd argue the lion's share of the blame should be on Keim, then Kliff, then Kyler.

And you could argue further that the root cause of it all is the Bidwill family...
People really do underestimate what sort of rot that Keim caused over there at Hardy both in the front office and in the locker room.

MB of course let it all happen.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I called this from day 1 mainly because I live in Eagle country & have followed him for 2 years. The Eagles had a trash D when he started there & their locker room was not a cohesive one. Fletcher Cox didn’t initially buy in and it took half of 2021 for that Eagles team to start to gel. I understand that JG wasn’t the HC, but he did more with that D with less that first season. And then in 2022, with a little more talent on the defensive side of the ball, that team came to fruition.

But, none of this happens if Bidwill didn’t FINALLY realize he needed to go outside this hapless franchise and hire Monti. Having spent time at NE & TN, Monti knows the significance of PROCESS & culture to build sustainable success. It’s early on, but Michael’s decision is probably the best decision this family has made in my lifetime as a fan. I get criticized for even mentioning it, but yes, that’s 60 years as a fan.
FYI...FWIW.....I go back to the "Sam the Rifle" days as well. I neve felt as positive about a complete staff (albeit the Don Coryell staff's were awfully good ) than I am now...it appears, I say appears, that both coordinators have serious potential down the road to move to top positions...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
FYI...FWIW.....I go back to the "Sam the Rifle" days as well. I neve felt as positive about a complete staff (albeit the Don Coryell staff's were awfully good ) than I am now...it appears, I say appears, that both coordinators have serious potential down the road to move to top positions...
The good thing about Petzing is that he doesn't really appear to have HC appearance, which means he could be here long term. Rallis might get a shot sooner rather than later.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I love good, tough physical football. I love seeing players over-perform. I love lining it up, QB under center, QB who can drop back and then step in the pocket. I love running over the other team. I love a team that says "This is what we are going to do and you can't stop us". I love a hard-hitting defense. Yeah, I kind of like this coaching staff. :)

Stout

Reaction score

Keim for sure, then Kliffy, then Kyler, agreed. With Bidwill being at the root, like you say. Kyler certainly does bear blame, though.

Stout

Reaction score
Aaand we're back to Kyler being perfect and in no way ever doing anything wrong lol

Turtling, spinning into rushes, sliding short of first downs, running OOB when he shouldn't, suddenly becoming allergic to long throws...the list goes on. Never mind the injury problems and total choke jobs in clinching/playoff games. But, nah, absolutely none of that had to do with Kyler. Literally all of it was on Kliffy. Joke, man.

Ugh, I've been nothing but positive but have allowed you to drag me into this smh

Stout

Reaction score
I don’t want to re-litigate the Kliff stuff only to say that Kyler deserves a chance with a real NFL coaching staff which he’ll get now.

The jury’s obviously still out on whether Gannon and crew are a good NFL staff and that Kyler is the player we hope he is but no doubt that they’ve actually earned their respective chances unlike Kliff.
Well stated.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Aaand we're back to Kyler being perfect and in no way ever doing anything wrong lol

Turtling, spinning into rushes, sliding short of first downs, running OOB when he shouldn't, suddenly becoming allergic to long throws...the list goes on. Never mind the injury problems and total choke jobs in clinching/playoff games. But, nah, absolutely none of that had to do with Kyler. Literally all of it was on Kliffy. Joke, man.

Ugh, I've been nothing but positive but have allowed you to drag me into this smh

Agreed.

And what franchise QB getting a massive contract (top 5 paid QB at the time) needs a STUDY CLAUSE?

Hard to forget/forgive some of that crap from K1. There is an entire thread about it if you want to remember.

I don't care who your coach/GM is or how bad they are. If you are a franchise QB, a true Dawg, Captain, and Leader...you don't do the crap he did.

He has the opportunity to turn it around and I hope he does but you can't change the past or put the blame on other people.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You know what to expect from PACardsFan so I don’t know why you keep entertaining for the 427th time.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The good thing about Petzing is that he doesn't really appear to have HC appearance, which means he could be here long term. Rallis might get a shot sooner rather than later.

Yeah ain't nobody making a 5'8" dude that looks like Stewie from Family Guy their head coach in a hurry.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson