I've always wondered.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So back in 2008, when the Cards were in the Super Bowl, were any of you posting here like you normally do on a normal game day or were most of you off the site, just watching it? It's a totally different atmosphere with the Super Bowl and I honestly think I wouldn't be here posting as there is so much going on.

What did you do that day?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was at my oldest son's home watching it. We watched the entire playoff run at his house, each week we had to go to Basha's across a big field at halftime for more beer and to buy cigars. That and wearing the same jersey (my Edge) became our routine each game to guarantee a win. It, like the Cardinals, fell a little short but oh what fun we had! It was the absolute BEST time I ever had with my boys and family. Even some of our ladies became Cardinal fans during that run. It was very special.

I never thought I'd see the Cards in a SB, win or lose, in my lifetime so there is that. Sure would love to see another run to one and to WIN it that time. But, I'll probably be pushing up daises before that ever happens.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was In The stadium about 20 rows up in the Cardinals end zone. Thanks to @Duckjake RIP Buddy.

Was no way I was logging into here.

When they opened the gates If I remember right it was almost 3 hours early. I went in and immediately went to my seats and just sat there and soaked it all in. Looked at the cardinals logo in the end zone painted red. Watched the stadium fill up. Watched/felt the electricity in the air as it started to ramp up. Was pretty amazing. I always said if we ever go back I would do it again even losing it was worth every penny to me… However based on the prices I saw in LA on this last Super Bowl I might have to change my mind sadly… But odds are I’ll never have to worry about it so it’s wishful thinking anyway…

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think I posted the day before. Gameday was like Christmas morning. A full day of preparation. I think I was up at 7:00 AM. My goodness, what a day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cheese and I were with brother-who-shall-not-post, our dad, and daves. We went to some rando pregame party at someone’s house who we didn’t know but it was a cards party and then walked over to the stadium. The weird ghetto maze they had set up to enter the stadium was long and bizarro. Got into game, saw d-dogg and Abomb (who traded us two seats so we could all sit together) and settled in for one of the best and worst experiences of my life to date. Never touched ASFN that day I believe.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese and I were with brother-who-shall-not-post, our dad, and daves. We went to some rando pregame party at someone’s house who we didn’t know but it was a cards party and then walked over to the stadium. The weird ghetto maze they had set up to enter the stadium was long and bizarro. Got into game, saw d-dogg and Abomb (who traded us two seats so we could all sit together) and settled in for one of the best and worst experiences of my life to date. Never touched ASFN that day I believe.
Ddogg and Abomb stayed with me n my buddy in our hotel in Orlando and rode with us to the game and back obviously. They crashed on the floor. Made it more economical for them with the price of tickets obviously. Was happy to do it crowded or not. Have made so many good friends over the years from ASFN. So many gatherings and memories.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ddogg and Abomb stayed with me n my buddy in our hotel in Orlando and rode with us to the game and back obviously. They crashed on the floor. Made it more economical for them with the price of tickets obviously. Was happy to do it crowded or not. Have made so many good friends over the years from ASFN. So many gatherings and memories.
It’s a community I could’ve never imagined 35 years ago.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched with my late father, a Steelers fan. He looked at me when Fitz waltzed into the end zone and congratulated me on winning the Super Bowl. I looked at him, dead serious, and said we're the Cards and there's too much time on the clock. God, I wish he'd been right.
My friend who I was there with after fits went into the end zone literally started crying and turned to me and said “oh my God we won the Super Bowl I can’t believe he won the Super Bowl and was hugging me”

My reaction was very similar to yours it’s funny/not funny how beat down cards fans are… RIP to your pops glad you have that memory at least bro.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iirc you got your original tickets from me

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jeez, Shane! D-Dogg and Abomb. Two names from the glory days of ASFN!!! Where are those guys!!??

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So back in 2008, when the Cards were in the Super Bowl, were any of you posting here like you normally do on a normal game day or were most of you off the site, just watching it? It's a totally different atmosphere with the Super Bowl and I honestly think I wouldn't be here posting as there is so much going on.

What did you do that day?
I’m not sure that I posted during that game I was so into the game and emotional and angry and going nuts but I don’t think I was on the board until after the game. Perhaps, I may have posted that I thought we were going to lose the game after Fitz score because we scored with to much time left.

I’m not sure though. Everybody in my family hated me that day. My oldest was three years old at the time and I scared the crap out of him even though he was at the other end of the house in his bedroom. He was bawling and crying and scared because I was acting like a psycho.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was so relaxed during that game. I was enjoying every single snap.
For being " the worst team to ever make the playoffs "... damn, we looked every bit like we BELONGED in that game. I was all chill and just enjoying the experience.

Then with 2 minutes to play, Larry Legend scored a touchdown to give us the lead.

I completely lost my ****.
Something in me just snapped.
My brother and his wife laughed at me as I stood in the corner of the living room panicking and mumbling to myself over and over," oh my God, we could win...we can win"

Up to that point I realized it had never occurred to me that we might actually win... I was just happy to be there.
How do you support a championship winning team? I had no idea and the thought was terrifying...everything was going to change.

But then.....nothing changed.
I wasn't heart broken. I was disappointed.

But I was so proud of our team.

You know the best part? A couple years ago nfln ranked the top 10 greatest Super Bowls of all time.
They ranked our game #1 just like I did.

I didn't know how to support an nfl championship team back then and I was terrified at the prospect.
But I'm ready now. I ain't scared. We need to go do this.

But asfn? During the game? No. Not that day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Very true
No offense to the newer crop of posters, but love ‘em or hate ‘em the old crew had massive personalities, tended to be very funny, and had all types of quirky board traditions. And people could strongly disagree with, or even somewhat dislike, other posters but the vitriol and attacks never reached what we get now. But I suppose that’s reflective of society today as well.

Now I sound like an old fogey.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No offense to the newer crop of posters, but love ‘em or hate ‘em the old crew had massive personalities, tended to be very funny, and had all types of quirky board traditions. And people could strongly disagree with, or even somewhat dislike, other posters but the vitriol and attacks never reached what we get now. But I suppose that’s reflective of society today as well.

Now I sound like an old fogey.
Used to get into some pretty nasty disputes in the weekly PWI threads

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were at the game. Got tickets from @Duckjake (RIP). His wife got the tickets through her workplace and they sold them to us for face value ($800 per ticket).

We flew to Orlando, drove to Lakeland, and stayed in a motel. On game day we went to the NFL Experience and then the big game.

Not sure which cell phones we had all those years ago, but posting on the site was pretty much a before the trip and after the trip thing, IIRC.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the game and met up with a few people from ASFN while out in Tampa. Went to a bar that hosted a ton of Cardinals fans the night before the game. Great atmosphere!

Didn't have time to be on the message boards while out there.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was In The stadium about 20 rows up in the Cardinals end zone. Thanks to @Duckjake RIP Buddy.

Was no way I was logging into here.

When they opened the gates If I remember right it was almost 3 hours early. I went in and immediately went to my seats and just sat there and soaked it all in. Looked at the cardinals logo in the end zone painted red. Watched the stadium fill up. Watched/felt the electricity in the air as it started to ramp up. Was pretty amazing. I always said if we ever go back I would do it again even losing it was worth every penny to me… However based on the prices I saw in LA on this last Super Bowl I might have to change my mind sadly… But odds are I’ll never have to worry about it so it’s wishful thinking anyway…

Yeah we went into the Stadium as soon as it opened as well. Stood in line with Billy Mays the Oxiclean guy. Just walked around the stadium soaking everything in. We "assaulted" Steely McBeam the Steelers mascot. Got a photo with him which was kind of funny.

My wife always says if the Cardinals go back to the SB we are there. However like you I look at the prices now and know there is no way we could pay those crazy numbers. We paid $500 per ticket for that SB. That's probably how much the parking would cost these days. Just thankful I got to see at least one SB live with the Cardinals in it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson