Isaiah Simmons

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What makes no sense.....is the Cardinals defense played fairly well overall! Those are scores of defenders giving up 500 yards and 5 TDs.

The Cardinals gave up ONE TD when the game was actually competitive.

I have alleged in the past that PFF downgrades the Cardinals. I remember during the Arians era, the Cardinals would have like two positively graded players even when they won by 21. I'd look at teams that lost to us, and their overall grades seemed higher.
Probably discounting some of that because of missed throws to open wrs from Stafford. Still the eye test says the grades overall should be much higher.

Kyler at just 82 seems off. Thought it was his best game as a pro (not talking in terms of stats)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Probably discounting some of that because of missed throws to open wrs from Stafford. Still the eye test says the grades overall should be much higher.

Kyler at just 82 seems off. Thought it was his best game as a pro (not talking in terms of stats)
82 is slightly below Pro Bowl level by their metrics :rolleyes:

It's like they are too focused on the trees (individual plays) to see the forest (game). Murray was 60% the reason for the win. He play largely mistake free football and made a few plays that 99.9% of all pro QBs through the history of the NFL couldn't make. That 3rd down run, only maybe Lamar can make.

I'll read PFF because they have some nice stats here and there, but their player grades seem to be a bit wacky.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't be taken seriously when you see Colt Mccoy getting a 60.5
I used to give them some respect for their work but when i see Murphy with 43 and a guy who had just two kneel down 17 points more its beyond pathetic

Jalen Thompson 50 Ahahah

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Can't be taken seriously when you see Colt Mccoy getting a 60.5
I used to give them some respect for their work but when i see Murphy with 43 and a guy who had just two kneel down 17 points more its beyond pathetic
Murphy was pretty damn good against the Rams. It's a farce for a guy to have a HUGE takeaway to receive such a low grade.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murphy was pretty damn good against the Rams. It's a farce for a guy to have a HUGE takeaway to receive such a low grade.
Yea I gotta eat crow about Simmons PFF grade. As I noticed Murphy's grade for the year isnt much better than he was last year. I thought he would be in the 80s and he's just at 64.

I kinda took PFF so serious because I liked how they recognized Humphries for playing at a high level last year. However, this year it seems their grades are a bit off.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
82 is slightly below Pro Bowl level by their metrics :rolleyes:

It's like they are too focused on the trees (individual plays) to see the forest (game). Murray was 60% the reason for the win. He play largely mistake free football and made a few plays that 99.9% of all pro QBs through the history of the NFL couldn't make. That 3rd down run, only maybe Lamar can make.

I'll read PFF because they have some nice stats here and there, but their player grades seem to be a bit wacky.
To be fair to PFF, QB is probably the hardest position to grade using their methodology. Most of the time, a WR runs a route and you can see whether he "wins" against the coverage. Most of the time, a linebacker shoots a gap, carries an offensive player in coverage, or occupies a zone, etc., and you can grade whether her "wins" that assignment.

A quarterback has a dozen different things they must do on a play, and even a "bad" decision can have a great outcome. If Kyler misses an open Christian Kirk on an intermediate route, ignores a dumpoff to Chase Edmonds, bounces off a defender on a scramble and still picks up a first down +4 yards, is that a win or not?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To be fair to PFF, QB is probably the hardest position to grade using their methodology. Most of the time, a WR runs a route and you can see whether he "wins" against the coverage. Most of the time, a linebacker shoots a gap, carries an offensive player in coverage, or occupies a zone, etc., and you can grade whether her "wins" that assignment.

A quarterback has a dozen different things they must do on a play, and even a "bad" decision can have a great outcome. If Kyler misses an open Christian Kirk on an intermediate route, ignores a dumpoff to Chase Edmonds, bounces off a defender on a scramble and still picks up a first down +4 yards, is that a win or not?
I understand that, and that's the big issue with their methodology is that it's hard to standardize this process and it's definitely will never be fully objective.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, Patrick Peterson was dinged by PFF for that long TD to Rondale Moore and Peterson was shocked by that saying that wasn't his coverage responsibility.

It's a fairly egregious mistake on PFFs part because if you watch the play, the deep safety clearly was the one who would be responsible for picking up Rondale in that instance and the fact that PFF published that nonsense take means their QA/QC side made a big mistake in not picking up on that.

I can't remember who it was that I saw review that play on Youtube, but the commentator pointed out that the play is literally forcing that deep safety to either go and help on Kirk or Rondale. If the safety picks Kirk, no one will be covering Rondale. Teams run plays like this all of the time, it's boilerplate NFL play design.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol hope he pans out like in my madden 22 ps5 franchise he's a beast 94 overall and collins up to 87!! Deadly combo in madden lol granted im in like yr 2026 lol

But think simmons will fit is role nicely has already made few nice plays but def lot to work on still

Goooooooo cards

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I understand that, and that's the big issue with their methodology is that it's hard to standardize this process and it's definitely will never be fully objective.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, Patrick Peterson was dinged by PFF for that long TD to Rondale Moore and Peterson was shocked by that saying that wasn't his coverage responsibility.

It's a fairly egregious mistake on PFFs part because if you watch the play, the deep safety clearly was the one who would be responsible for picking up Rondale in that instance and the fact that PFF published that nonsense take means their QA/QC side made a big mistake in not picking up on that.

I can't remember who it was that I saw review that play on Youtube, but the commentator pointed out that the play is literally forcing that deep safety to either go and help on Kirk or Rondale. If the safety picks Kirk, no one will be covering Rondale. Teams run plays like this all of the time, it's boilerplate NFL play design.
I agree -- PFF sucks. You've convinced me. :p

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gotta say it is concerning when we have 2 QBs graded higher than Hudson for the Rams game. :eek::biglaugh:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also how does Kyler's overall grade go up so much if he techically performed less than his average (at the time). I'm honestly asking causes he was 84 before and got moved up to 86.
Did we re-sign Emmitt Smith out of retirement? Who is E. Smith on offense?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My bet is that they downgraded him for bad run support. I did notice he wasn't tackling well early in the game. Which is bunk, because he was doing his main job so damn well.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's been solid. A key cog in a really good defense. However, with the loss of Watt we need another star to emerge. Yes they do different things but we need Simmons to fill the void of being a big playmaker and swagger. You kinda felt good about the defense for the most part when Watt was out there.

Its time to take it to the next level. And before people say its too soon you gotta remember Devin White was outstanding in his 2nd year for the Bucs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's been solid. A key cog in a really good defense. However, with the loss of Watt we need another star to emerge. Yes they do different things but we need Simmons to fill the void of being a big playmaker and swagger. You kinda felt good about the defense for the most part when Watt was out there.

Its time to take it to the next level. And before people say its too soon you gotta remember Devin White was outstanding in his 2nd year for the Bucs.
I think Simmons is already there. He just doesn’t garner the same amount of attention.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He needs to be used on Cobb in the Pack game. Cobb is Rodgers’ security blanket. With the top receivers out, shutting down Cobb will cripple Rodgers.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think Simmons is already there. He just doesn’t garner the same amount of attention.
Simmons makes plays that dont always show up neatly in stats

the tackle on Trey Lance at the goal line for a 1 yard run shows up as.......... 1 tackle.

not many players close that fast and deliver that kind of blow.

Also -- covering somebody so the QB has to look somewhere else doesnt show up anywhere