Is Tom Brady still a top 5 QB?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Brady was Top 5 in yardage last season against a brutal schedule. He doesn't get the benefit of playing in a dome for home games and a bunch of divisional games, either, like Schaub and Manning do, or perfect weather like Rivers gets.

He's a Top 5 QB. I'm not sure what "the wrong side of 30" is for a quarterback. He's not a running back. He'll be good into his late 30s. He's only 33 right now.

If I were building a team from scratch, I'd probably take Rivers, Rodgers, and Schaub, in that order. But none of those three guys have won ANYTHING in the NFL yet. Brady's won two rings and been to another Super Bowl. Would anyone here be surprised if he won another one in the life of this contract?

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
I do agree NE should have got a home town discount, but who's to say Brady can't play for 4 more years at the level he's been at even if the odds are slightly against him? It's easier for me to understand veterans getting these contracts over what some of the rookies are now getting.

He gave them a hometown discount on his last contract. He then was frustrated by the Patriots pocketing the money instead of using it to acquire free agent talent. There was no way he was going to do it again.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady was Top 5 in yardage last season against a brutal schedule. He doesn't get the benefit of playing in a dome for home games and a bunch of divisional games, either, like Schaub and Manning do, or perfect weather like Rivers gets.

He's a Top 5 QB. I'm not sure what "the wrong side of 30" is for a quarterback. He's not a running back. He'll be good into his late 30s. He's only 33 right now.

If I were building a team from scratch, I'd probably take Rivers, Rodgers, and Schaub, in that order. But none of those three guys have won ANYTHING in the NFL yet. Brady's won two rings and been to another Super Bowl. Would anyone here be surprised if he won another one in the life of this contract?

I'd take Rodgers, Rivers, Ryan, in that order. I'm not as high on Schaub as others are.

Brady is top 5 now and possibly top 5 all time when it is all said and done.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Showing again today he is Def a top 5 QB and worthy of his contract. Has had like 4 balls dropped too that were perfectly thrown.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After hearing about Brady's new deal I wonder if he is still a top 5 QB. Manning, Bree's & Rodgers are all better IMO...Rivers & Schaub are in the argument too.

No doubt Brady is top 10 but to be the highest paid player in the NFL you'd think he'd have to be the top player at your position. I just think he is being overpaid for past performance, I doubt he'd be worth anywhere close to that much to any other franchise but New England.

Has he answered your question for you yet?

Having another very stellar season and completely dismantled the NFL's best defense(arguably) on the road tonight.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last night against arguably one of the best defenses in the league, Brady went 30 of 43 for 350 yards and 3 TD's and he even had 1 rushing TD so yeah, he's a top 5 QB. Oh, and he did all of this in Pittsburgh.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady's first TD pass last night was a thing of beauty, and Gronk looked seriously good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been this way since he took over the reigns in New England... Seriously, was this ever really up for debate?? :shrug:

According to the thread starter it obviously was.