Is Kingsbury the Real Deal

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KK is the real deal and it's not really debatable. He's already beaten other NFL coaches, the best coaches in the world. The other young coaches they compare him to have peaked. Look at Mcvay and the Rams. They are what they are. You know what you're getting, there's nothing innovative. Sure, some of KKs plays bomb but there's no innovation and no greatness without experimentation and failure. There's a ton of worse coaches than KK, imagine having Adam Gase, and KKs ceiling is huge because he's so young and innovative.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
KK is the real deal and it's not really debatable. He's already beaten other NFL coaches, the best coaches in the world. The other young coaches they compare him to have peaked. Look at Mcvay and the Rams. They are what they are. You know what you're getting, there's nothing innovative. Sure, some of KKs plays bomb but there's no innovation and no greatness without experimentation and failure. There's a ton of worse coaches than KK, imagine having Adam Gase, and KKs ceiling is huge because he's so young and innovative.
Slurp slurp

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dude KK isn't in McVay league. Barely in the same game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

This is what it seems like when you follow Steve Wilks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is with these random posters with no avis just posting randomness the past 3-4 months?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the case for Kingsbury being the real deal is made by our redzone stats. We have scored touchdowns on 88% percent of our redzone possessions going into this game. Even with Murray having a very off day we were still nails there tonight.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
He’s balancing up to get wins, that’s football 101 - glad he remembers how- yes he’s our real deal

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
He's innovative with his playcalling. Just need to start getting Kyler to connect on some deep bombs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that why McVay was constantly asking KK for advice or stealing some of his plays? Barely in the same game. Get out of here with that BS!

doesnt KK need to at least have a winning season before we compare him to a guy who’s been 11-5 and in the playoffs, 13-3 and in the Super Bowl and 9-7... and again, 4-2 in year 4?

come on guys.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This forum is basically made of people from 35 to 80 years old but still wondering how fickle can be an adult person
I read people get too much enthusiasm for a single good game and then doing the opposite after a bad one
So u can listen someone call Murphy a garbage and the week later the best slot corner
Reddick from being useless and then deserving a big payday next year
And Kingsbury turning into a offensive guru after being called an overrated college coach with a subpar record

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This forum is basically made of people from 35 to 80 years old but still wondering how fickle can be an adult person
I read people get too much enthusiasm for a single good game and then doing the opposite after a bad one
So u can listen someone call Murphy a garbage and the week later the best slot corner
And Kingsbury turning into a offensive guru
It's human nature to exaggerate the present. I know for me personally I try not to post when I am too high or too low because I know I will probably post some pretty stupid comments.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched a lot of the Rams / 49ers game and was in awe of the game plan Shanahan put together. With a so so QB on a gimpy ankle Shanny called play after play that had the Rams confused and the 9ers were gaining chunks of yardage and putting points on the board.

I have to admit I thought how come KK never seems to make it look that easy. After last nights game I can see some of what KK is doing and although it doesn't look as pretty as Shanahan's game plan against the Rams I can see some of the beauty in KK's.

If KM gets his accuracy back then this offense can be unstoppable.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
doesnt KK need to at least have a winning season before we compare him to a guy who’s been 11-5 and in the playoffs, 13-3 and in the Super Bowl and 9-7... and again, 4-2 in year 4?

come on guys.

I don’t think so. Rams have been immensely talented.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And Kingsbury turning into a offensive guru after being called an overrated college coach with a subpar record

Murphy has been good all year. He was amazing last night. Remember: he made a key play to save the SF game.

Also, Budda is our best player on both sides of the ball. He killed Seattle last year in Seattle and he’s primed to do it again. Russell also struggles against blitz (relatively), so I’m guessing we will be coming for him. Vance lit his ass up last year.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
4-2.

The only egregarious loss was against the Lions. It happens. If you'd told me before the year that 2 of our 4 wins would be against SF and Dallas? 2nd place in the toughest division in football. Top 10 defense. Best safety in football. Best WR in football. Most dynamic QB in football.

In 2008, when we went to the SB, we also started 4-2, beating...SF and Dallas...while losing to the awful Redskins and Jets. Stuff happens. Were fine.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"When the play was called, I think I had just fair caught a punt, and Andy (Isabella) ran on the field," Kirk said. "He was like, 'We're calling the play. We're calling the play. You're going to go 80 yards for a touchdown.' It was kind of one of those where your heart starts beating a little fast."

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/budda-baker-proves-his-worth-in-dallas

It's quotes like this that gives KK some of his cachet.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score