Is anyone worried about Justin Upton?

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
nope.... Justin hit his 2nd home run in as many days, and by mid season I bet he will be hitting 3rd for us....

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I like Drew a lot, Bonafacio will be playing second next season and Hudson will be gone.

People just need to relax with Upton, these guys are not going to peek immediately, I know the whole player devlopment thing is new to us Dback fans who have grown used to signing insta player at age 30, but the peak years for Upton will be 24-32, he has a lot of time before those years even arrive.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Drew a lot, Bonafacio will be playing second next season and Hudson will be gone.

People just need to relax with Upton, these guys are not going to peek immediately, I know the whole player devlopment thing is new to us Dback fans who have grown used to signing insta player at age 30, but the peak years for Upton will be 24-32, he has a lot of time before those years even arrive.

You speak for me on this.

HooverDam

Reaction score

I hope this isn't true and that the D'backs can find a way to resign Hudson. I'd much rather have him on a long term deal than Byrnes (yes I understand it wasn't really a direct choice between the two). Gold glove, switch hitting, .300 average 2nd baseman don't grow on trees after all.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Karl - This thread just might break the record for "fastest to become obsolete "

Upton up to 3 bombs through 5 games.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
thanks for making thread upton is now on fire :)

This shall be the theme of this year!

I pronounce it now... and let it be so.

Anytime a D'back is struggling it is up to someone to make a "Is anyone worried about (insert name)" thread. Thus, the thinking being, the said player will break out of their funk.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The thing that is apparent to me is that Upton has super star talent. He will go through some bumps, just keep in mind he is only 20. In 2 years he will be putting up God like numbers.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I hope this isn't true and that the D'backs can find a way to resign Hudson. I'd much rather have him on a long term deal than Byrnes (yes I understand it wasn't really a direct choice between the two). Gold glove, switch hitting, .300 average 2nd baseman don't grow on trees after all.

me too, I love Hudson, but I think it's a money thing. Unfortunately the dbacks are still paying a lot of players from the 90's. Some may know better than I do, I don't follow the dbacks that closely, I just watch the games, but one would suspect that if Hudson was in the plans long term he would be done already.

AZHEAD

Reaction score
The thing that is apparent to me is that Upton has super star talent. He will go through some bumps, just keep in mind he is only 20. In 2 years he will be putting up God like numbers.
I couldn't agree more...:stick:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anytime a D'back is struggling it is up to someone to make a "Is anyone worried about (insert name)" thread. Thus, the thinking being, the said player will break out of their funk.

Of course it would help if said player has the same talent level as Upton.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm worried about the D'backs winning the next 5 World Series

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
first of all, Upton was a HS SS. He was moved to OF in Single A after putting errors all over the field. And am I worried about him? hell no. he is gonna be an allstar within two years. i wouldnt doubt that he hits 35 HRs this year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first of all, Upton was a HS SS. He was moved to OF in Single A after putting errors all over the field. And am I worried about him? hell no. he is gonna be an allstar within two years. i wouldnt doubt that he hits 35 HRs this year.

Actually he was moved to the OF because Stephen plays SS. And I agree that he is going to be a stud.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It worked on Upton and the Dodgers series....lets not waste the magic. Save these threads for October :)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I know it's one game but I can't help but feel that he has been rushed and is in danger of suffering a severe loss of confidence in his ability to play in the bigs. He looks very overmatched at the plate swinging and missing at anything on the black and off speed. He hasn't seemed to get around on the heat Harang was throwing. I feel he'd benefit playing in AAA and I just feel the bonus money and the number one draft thing is speaking louder than what makes sense. I just feel like he'd benefit from time playing in AAA. Can you say Carlos Quentin??? Fire away.

I wonder if you feel this way now?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am speechless about this kid. Is he eligible for the ROY this season or did he have too many AB's last year? He is going to make Tulowitzki look like a brown stain on the mattress before all is said and done

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upton barely had too many at bats last season (140, the cutoff is 130) to be eligible, which is a shame.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Upton has really gotten into some balls so far this year, reminds me of Chris Young last year when he hit Fridays (Byrnes hit Fridays too if I remember right) I'd like to know which one was further though, the one just now or Reynolds' Fatburger shot? I'd think todays.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player