Interactive Mock Draft 2012 - Cardinals are On the Clock

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if you may remember from last year or not when we ran the Interactive Mock Draft where the team forums of each team got to vote on which player their team should take.

Well we are doing it again this year, and the Cards are on the clock. I sort of have a hunch for who you guys might vote for but I've been wrong before. Also let me know if I should add any of the other possible prospects to the poll.

You can cast your vote for who you want your team to pick here:

Interactive Mock Draft

And if you explain why with a brief short description, I will pick the best one and publish it along with the pick in the results section!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I voted for Cordy Glenn, although for some reason it counted my vote for Jonathan Martin.

I would've voted for Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina had he been available to pick. The NFL is about passing the ball and rushing the passer, and Ingram is the best pass rusher on the board.

I voted for Cordy Glenn as the best offensive tackle prospect. The Arizona Cardinals like to play huge offensive tackles to be able to set the edge for pulling guards and centers to come around. While Glenn played offensive guard his first couple years at Georgia, he acquitted himself well as the starting Left Tackle for the Bulldogs this year. Glenn is enormous, weighing in at the Combine at 346 pounds. In a pro conditioning program he could get that down to 320, which would improve his mobility to dropstep in pass protection.

The Arizona Cardinals have desperate need for an upgrade in talent along the offensive line, and Glenn could become the Cards' best offensive lineman before the 2012 season ends.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just as another thought, DFlo:

You may want to change the lettering in your draft write-ups to white on color. With the black the lettering is REALLY difficult to read; I end up highlighting the text so that I can sort through it.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Tough decisions if the draft falls that way...

Ingram, Glenn and Barron as the choices cards would prob look at.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ingram not available to pick at #13 even though he has not been taken makes no sense. Glenn best of poor choices.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hey, I just voted for Adams and you counted the vote for Martin? Guess voting is optional, like voting for the president...it will be given to the one of pre decided choices anyways lol

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Big mistake in not having Ingram as a choice. In this scenario I'm quite certain the pick would be Imgram.

OP
OP
D

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow, go figure, I completely forgot about Ingram and Upshaw. My bad guys, I've reset the vote and you can vote again. Hopefully this time around it will be more accurate.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This time I really did vote for Ingram. Ingram isn't a perfect prospect, but perfect prospects rarely fall this far in the draft. What he is, though, is a legitimate pass rush thread who has played out of the two-point stance with the Gamecocks. Ingram's motor can run a little hot and cold, but he doesn't have to be an immediate contributor in 2012. In rotation with O'Brien Schofield and Sam Acho, he should quickly draw favorable comparisons to Aldon Smith.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I read that Wookie Goldberg, TA, So Central So Dakota St. is really shooting up the boards. We could use a good TA too. I am tired of those "loose lips sink ships" sort of players. Try say "loose lips sink ships" 3 times fast.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This time I really did vote for Ingram. Ingram isn't a perfect prospect, but perfect prospects rarely fall this far in the draft. What he is, though, is a legitimate pass rush thread who has played out of the two-point stance with the Gamecocks. Ingram's motor can run a little hot and cold, but he doesn't have to be an immediate contributor in 2012. In rotation with O'Brien Schofield and Sam Acho, he should quickly draw favorable comparisons to Aldon Smith.

I disagree with the "hot and cold". I watched 4 or 5 USC games last year, and I never questioned Ingram's effort. I do question whether he is a "natural" pass rushed (he was a high school RB), but his effort Imo is unquestionable. He's played DE, DT, and lined up other spots for USC (the original USC that is).

I also find it crazy that he's gotten this "freak" athlete label. He always looked like a high energy guy to me. He did line up and score on a 50+ yard punt fake.

What I'm worried about with him is whether he'll ever be better than a young Haggans. I think his bust potential is low, but I question whether he'll ever be a Pro Bowler.

OP
OP
D

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
Alright guys the pick is in, your results are updated. You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock Draft Results

Feel free to bookmark that page and continue voting daily. We will do one team every day until the draft

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I disagree with the "hot and cold". I watched 4 or 5 USC games last year, and I never questioned Ingram's effort. I do question whether he is a "natural" pass rushed (he was a high school RB), but his effort Imo is unquestionable. He's played DE, DT, and lined up other spots for USC (the original USC that is).

I also find it crazy that he's gotten this "freak" athlete label. He always looked like a high energy guy to me. He did line up and score on a 50+ yard punt fake.

What I'm worried about with him is whether he'll ever be better than a young Haggans. I think his bust potential is low, but I question whether he'll ever be a Pro Bowler.

I don't know. Multiple reports have noted that he presents questionable effort at times, and that sometimes comes when you have a guy who doesn't show up until his senior season.

Honestly, I don't need a Pro Bowler with every first-round pick I make. If he's a guy who can get 8-12 sacks a year and a second contract, I'm going to be happy with the pick. Anything more than that is total gravy.