Instead of trading down …

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at trades from the teens into the top-5. They require two additional 1sts on top of the swap. We’d be moving out of the Odunze/Nabers range so unless we’re getting one of Minnesota’s top WR’s the Cards/Vikes don’t make good trade partners. Giants/Raiders possibly.

They do not...

There is no trade that has gotten 3 1st for the #4.

As I posted earlier, the failure rate on first WRs selected in the last 6 years is 82%. That's not best WR drafted, that's just being terrible

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I meant trading up from 27. Fautanu is a favorite of mine and I would not hesitate to grab him in round 1. Similar to Fuaga. Both can play LG or RG for a year or two before kicking outside to T. I just don't believe either will make it to 27, and less appealing to trade up for.

I'd trade up to the low 20's for Fautanu. I think we would have to get above Dallas for sure. Possibly the Eagles too because Stoutland looked very impressed by Fautanu and Lane Johnson is 33 and they could upgrade at Guard until Johnson retires.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run a mock and see how many players the Cardinals get with no trades. The Cardinals already have a stupid number of picks.
You don't need to run a mock. You just need to look at our roster and see we need more players than we have picks.