Instead of trading down …

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you get nuts and trade 27 and extras to move up into the top 10?

Who would you target?

What would you be willing to give up?
For who? I don't think the edges warrant doing so, and I don't think we need a tackle bad enough to do so either.

I would rather keep the 2nds and 3rds we have.

I could maybe see moving up 5 or 6 spots to get a tackle, but no more than that.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We aren't 1 player away. This is a super deep draft. I think a great player will be there at 27 so I don't want to give up a premium to move up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope I like this idea better:

Vikings give #11, #23 2025 2nd and we take:

Edge Verse at #11
WR Thomas at #23
DT Murphy at #27

That's from Jeremiah's mock
I like the players, I just don't think we get quite enough. I'd want a 4th or 5th rounder thrown in.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
OL is out at #4 but I wouldn't have any heartburn if they went OL with the #27 overall pick. If an OT that they like drops or a stud IOL is there why not take one? Or you trade back with someone itching to move up for OL help. Pretty much every team needs help along the OL so there should be plenty of trade partners.
I meant trading up from 27. Fautanu is a favorite of mine and I would not hesitate to grab him in round 1. Similar to Fuaga. Both can play LG or RG for a year or two before kicking outside to T. I just don't believe either will make it to 27, and less appealing to trade up for.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After WR at 4, if a stud defensive player is within reach of a trade up I would try 27 and the last of our third round picks to see if anyone bites getting us up to 15 range

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen a mock today can’t remember where but had us taking Marvin at 4 then trading 27 35 and a 2025 first to the raidaahhhsss for Dallas turner.
Yea no way should we be giving 1st in that scenario. In fact to move up in that territory we should only have to give up 1 or 2 of our 3rds realistically not even the 2nd.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nope I like this idea better:

Vikings give #11, #23 2025 2nd and we take:

Edge Verse at #11
WR Thomas at #23
DT Murphy at #27

That's from Jeremiah's mock

So one additional first to miss out on Marv? Sorry Vikes you gotta pay a helluva lot more than that if you want a QB.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So one additional first to miss out on Marv? Sorry Vikes you gotta pay a helluva lot more than that if you want a QB.

What are the odds that you have that Harrison is the best receiver in this draft?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Thomas goes higher.

Marvin, Nabers, Odunze, and Thomas are probably 100% gone by pick 16 or so. I think Adonai Mitchell is your target at #23. He's a very promising receiver as well though.
It’s interesting how Coleman disappeared from the conversation. He was widely considered in the top four when we began the offseason but he’s never even mentioned anymore.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s interesting how Coleman disappeared from the conversation. He was widely considered in the top four when we began the offseason but he’s never even mentioned anymore.
Throughout the year, few people watch every game and they see the highlights. Coleman created some. But when people started watching him alone, he fell off compared to others.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What are the odds that you have that Harrison is the best receiver in this draft?

Look at trades from the teens into the top-5. They require two additional 1sts on top of the swap. We’d be moving out of the Odunze/Nabers range so unless we’re getting one of Minnesota’s top WR’s the Cards/Vikes don’t make good trade partners. Giants/Raiders possibly.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Look at trades from the teens into the top-5. They require two additional 1sts on top of the swap. We’d be moving out of the Odunze/Nabers range so unless we’re getting one of Minnesota’s top WR’s the Cards/Vikes don’t make good trade partners. Giants/Raiders possibly.
That's why 11,23, and Addison makes so much sense

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson