Inject Positive Suns Media Into My veins

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to point a camera at the bench at all times as well.
I would buy that.

Absolutely. Fans never get enough television coverage of the bench.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice debate here, except for all the screaming, lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Idiotic debate. Yikes. I watched that Sonics team in the 70's. You bring that team into the present and play by the present rules, and this Suns team would beat them. I do not think some of these people understand how significantly a lot of basketball skills have advanced. No one in the late 1970's shot the ball like they do today. Defense and athleticism is better today as well. And no one except maybe Portland played team ball like the Suns do.

That guy needs to watch the film and see how slow and low basketball was played then.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

These 2 are freaking clowns. This is so much fake yelling to grab peoples attention. I know this is both thier schticks but it is really hard to hear them both in the same convo.

Mikal and Ayton are not hall of famers, but they are both top 50 players in the league right now in my opinion, and that is really a rare thing.

Maybe the Warriors can also say they have 4 top 50 players, but I don't think any other team can.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Starting to get the feeling Jenkins from Memphis will win COY. I doubt Monty gives a shiz but that’s a tough beat two years in a row if it happens.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting to get the feeling Jenkins from Memphis will win COY. I doubt Monty gives a shiz but that’s a tough beat two years in a row if it happens.
I can see voters justifying someone else this year (Memphis far exceeding expectations for example). But if he couldn't win last year when he led a team much, much further than the experts expected or this year when he led a team not only further than expected but to a truly dominant regular season record, you have to wonder what it would take for Monty to get the nod.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… that will horse manure if Monty doesn’t get it last year for the out of nowhere run to the second best record in the league… or this year as coach of the best team in the league and loses to the Monty Williams of this year with Jenkins.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… that will horse manure if Monty doesn’t get it last year for the out of nowhere run to the second best record in the league… or this year as coach of the best team in the league and loses to the Monty Williams of this year with Jenkins.
It will be highway robbery. Like you said, didn't get it last year and then this year?!?! His body of work has been like no other coach the past two seasons running.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way.

Every national media guy I hear only lists Jokic Embid and Giannis as serious contenders.

It would be great to believe this, but I don't.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Monty doesn't get it, do you guys think that we might see some accusations of racism when it comes to the award?
Of course that will happen.

I think it is going to be close between Monty and Jenkins.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Suns were easily the most dominant team in the regular season. That should count for a lot when it comes to MVP, Coach, and Defensive Player awards.
To me this is the Steve Nash MVP scenarios. There were probably better players around when Nash won his MVPs, but the team was just insanely good. Monty should win COTY- there should be no argument. Book should win his first MVP award, though I can see an argument for Jokic and Embiid. Bridges should also win the defensive award. We have been told for years that the team record matters. Book and Mikal deserve their awards.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
No way for Book IMO. 4th is a great showing this year. Joker, Embiid, or the Freak will get it.

If Monty loses out again we riot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way for Book IMO. 4th is a great showing this year. Joker, Embiid, or the Freak will get it.

If Monty loses out again we riot.
Yeah, likely the only way Devin makes it to the top 3 IMO is if all the staunch Embiid voters drop Jokic to 5th and put Booker at 2 (to help protect their preferred winner) and the dedicated Jokic voters do the same thing. Anyway, I don't think we win any of the awards.

Memphis probably beats out Phoenix for COY. Bridges might make the first or second all defense team. CP and Booker will both likely make an All NBA team and both of them will be top 8 or so in the MVP voting. CamJ had a good shot at runner-up for most improved but that probably ended with his injury. The best chance for a big award is probably JJ for Executive of the Year and Booker/CP3 for Finals MVP.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, we need a picture of Monty Williams as NBCA Coach of the Year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson