Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Too bad they couldn't come up with a longer title.

I was kind of hoping for some "truth in advertising". I think it should be "Raiders Of The Lost Ark: Indiana Jones & The Quest For Cash"

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I can honestly say I am looking forward to this movie more than any other this year...followed by Batman & the newly announced Star Wars Clone Wars animated movie.

I remember skipping last period of class in high school to see the Last Crusade in the theater on opening day. Hard to believe its been that long ago.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To quote "Flounder" from Animal House, "Oh boy is this great!!!!!"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cannot wait to see it. Always wished they had made more Indiana Jones films.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember skipping last period of class in high school to see the Last Crusade in the theater on opening day. Hard to believe its been that long ago.
:nono: I should have told on you.

:D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest poster:

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoiler alert - from the USA Today...

The new poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull confirms something alien is afoot.

The first poster for the film (due May 22) featured part of the title relic, but there was always something odd about the eye socket. In the follow-up, also by sci-fi/fantasy movie artist Drew Struzan, it's clear the skull is not at all human. Add to that the recent trailer, with its shot of a crate labeled "Roswell, New Mexico 1947," and you don't need to be a professor of archaeology to put the pieces together.

Other clues: Looks as if our hero will face his least-favorite animal and the locals at some Maya ruins. Karen Allen (who also was in 1981's original) seems to be enjoying herself, though.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. I like snakes. My dad had aquariums full of 'em in our basement when I was a kid.

BIM's spoiler is what I was referring to.
me too. Have you even ever seen an Indiana Jones movie?

joke killer

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I saw it today. I liked it, it was a fun movie and good to see Indy back on the big screen. It wasn't great but it was entertaining.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The monkey/vines scene torqued me off, before that I was enjoying the movie.
Also didn't see a point to the melding of the 13 crystal skeletons into a fleshy alien.

On the whole the movie is what I expected it to be, but ultimately I wanted both more and less.

The battle of expectations is a fight even the gritty Indy couldn't hope to win.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
fun movie for sure - went by a little fast, a nice mix of cheese, adventure and a couple of homages to the first few - the lighting over the scenes in the beginning and end really annoyed me as well as a couple other interactions

and i agree - i hated the monkeys/swinging vines thing - absolutely idiotic

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great popcorn movie that went right along with the first three, paying homage to Saturday morning serials. As to some stuff being way over the top, no chit!!! Need I make a list of things that were way over the top in the first three??? It's supposed to be that way. :shrug: Or at least, IMHO.... ;)

4 out of 5 stars

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Great popcorn movie that went right along with the first three, paying homage to Saturday morning serials. As to some stuff being way over the top, no chit!!! Need I make a list of things that were way over the top in the first three??? It's supposed to be that way. :shrug: Or at least, IMHO.... ;)

4 out of 5 stars

some over the top stuff I was cool with and fully expected - some was a bit much, fencing while standing on cars blazing through the jungle which happened to have perfect dual paths is over the top, man eating ants is over the top, the 3 falls down the waterfalls without losing so much as your hat is over the top, the escape from area 51, the motorcycle scene - all over the top and all very fun - i just saw no benefit to having shia swing from the vines and become lord of the monkeys - also forming a real live alien was a bit different and i'm borderline on it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard