Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this kid ready for a franchise like Indiana Jones? I'm not putting him down, just asking from people who have seen him.

as long as he is not required to carry this type of movie himself - he should do fine. i don't think he is at the point yet where he could do that.

i will say this, i do trust spielbergs judgment and if he thinks it is good enough for the role, then he probably is.

shawn

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this news is incredibly lame - he's playing the comic foil/side-kick, in other words... lame.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
this news is incredibly lame - he's playing the comic foil/side-kick, in other words... lame.

I didn't know that the Indiana Jones series was a serious action movie franchise?

Seriously though, Shia is a big time star waiting to break. Kid can act. Seems to be very likable. Especially when you have a chance to see him in the Project Greenlight show (and not just the movie).

He's done very well in the movies he's been in and just recently hosted SNL.

My wife and I are big fans of this kid.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
My company just got three of these vehicles to convert to run on LPG for the movie...

You can watch some of the filming info here... http://www.indianajones.com/whatsnew/

You must be registered for see images

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Engine and tank stuff...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaBeouf to star in new `Indiana Jones'
Fri Apr 13

After months of building Internet buzz, this can finally be reported as fact: Shia LaBeouf has been cast in the upcoming "Indiana Jones" movie.

Producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg announced Friday that LaBeouf will appear alongside Harrison Ford in the fourth installment of the adventure franchise, scheduled for release May 22, 2008. Production is set to begin in June.

"We are excited about bringing Shia into our Indy family," Spielberg said in a statement on the "Indiana Jones" Web site. "His talent has impressed not only his audiences throughout his young career but the directors, producers and fellow actors who have worked with him in his television career and now his film career."

Paramount, a division of Viacom Inc., declined Friday to say what role LaBeouf would be playing.

The 20-year-old actor told The Associated Press in March that the persistent Internet rumors about his casting in the film were just that — rumors.

"The way that thing started, it's just wild how it snowballed," LaBeouf told the AP then. "I don't have a deal on the table, it's just a rumor. Would I do it? In a second. It'd be working for a legend and working with legends. Who wouldn't? But is it something I'm doing right now? No. I'm an out-of-work actor."

It's a busy weekend for the up-and-coming actor. He stars in "Disturbia," a high-tech, teen version of "Rear Window," which opened Friday; then he's hosting NBC's "Saturday Night Live" on Saturday.

LaBeouf also co-stars in this summer's "Transformers" movie for Spielberg's DreamWorks Pictures, and provides the voice of one of the penguins in the animated "Surf's Up." His previous films include "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints," "The Greatest Game Ever Played" and "Holes." He also won a Daytime Emmy in 2003 for the Disney Channel series "Even Stevens."

:thumbup:

Kid was good in Transformers. I forgot Even Stevens. I like him in that :). Praise Allah that Baby Vader wasn't given the role.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kid was good in Transformers. I forgot Even Stevens. I like him in that :). Praise Allah that Baby Vader wasn't given the role.

after watching him in Transformers I'm not nearly as skeptical about him in Indy. He was pretty damn likable and really the only human being in a movie full of riidiculously awesome robots.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The title of 'Indiana Jones IV' is...

from Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch by Gregory Kirschling
Speaking of Indiana Jones IV (which will be awesome; see previous post on fourquels), you gotta wonder what they're gonna call it. And you gotta worry that George Lucas is gonna call it something crazy; be grateful that he can't call it Indiana Jones and the Phantom Menace and Indiana Jones and the Attack of the Clones. Aside from that — yeesh — anything goes.
To that end, Slashfilm.com has reportedly scored the latest Title Registration Report from the MPAA, listing six potential titles that Lucasfilm has filed to get approval on. Here they are. Is one of these the title of the new Indiana Jones movie?
Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds
Indiana Jones and the Fourth Corner of the Earth
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Gold
Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant

What do you think? Of these, I'd surmise that only the first two are contenders. Quest for the Covenant ties the movie too closely to both Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and the original Raiders of the Lost Ark. Lost City of Gold is a nonstarter because Allan Quatermain, in one of the worst sequels of all time, got there first. (Indiana Jones and the Legend of Curly's Gold would be a better title.) Really, smart money says it's City of Gods. (Hmm, now, which sacred relic does that title suggest Indy will be seeking this time?) What title would you use? And please don't make Harrison-Ford-is-old jokes; those are lame.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't know why, but my first thought reading that title mad me wonder if he's going to be teaming up with He-Man and Tela to fight the forces of Skeletor and the Arizona Cardinals defense.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
imdb.com said:
Unlike Digital-Loving Lucas, Spielberg Sticks to Film

Unlike his producing cohort George Lucas, Steven Spielberg has rejected digital photography for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. In an interview with the website CHUD.com, Spielberg said that he intends to "be the last guy in Hollywood shooting live action on film, despite the arguments Lucas makes" for digital production. Spielberg also reportedly said that while there may be some digital effects used in the film, he intends to go "as old school as he can." Appearing to violate his own non-disclosure policy, Spielberg also confirmed much Internet gossip that the villains in the new movie will be Russian Communists, not German Nazis.

:notworthy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort