Inception

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
freaking brilliant. 12 of us saw it last night... 12 of us loved it last night... and we were still talking about it today.

Incredible action and a story that was mind-boggling, while still being follow-able (not a word, but you get my drift).

seeing it again on tuesday. can't wait to see how it plays a second time.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
freaking brilliant. 12 of us saw it last night... 12 of us loved it last night... and we were still talking about it today.

Incredible action and a story that was mind-boggling, while still being follow-able (not a word, but you get my drift).

seeing it again on tuesday. can't wait to see how it plays a second time.

Agreed, best movie in a long time. Can't wait to see it again.

Shocked to see Shane and Tyler hate it...:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, best movie in a long time. Can't wait to see it again.

Shocked to see Shane and Tyler hate it...:D

or that Gee thought it looked dumb. :)

different strokes for different folks. I do wonder how much legs this movie ultimately has. It's definitely not your big summer blockbuster where you can turn your brain off AND be wildly entertained like Pirates was or even the Matrix was to an extent.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was not impressed in the least with this movie. Way to busy. Had to stand up at the back of the theater to keep from falling asleep last night.
You may be interested to hear they are currently filming a Transformer movie in Chicago.

w0OT!

And thanks for saving me from seeing this movie.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
different strokes for different folks. I do wonder how much legs this movie ultimately has. It's definitely not your big summer blockbuster where you can turn your brain off AND be wildly entertained like Pirates was or even the Matrix was to an extent.

Which is precisely why I didn't care for it. I would have much rather waited and saw this in my own house. It wasn't what I would call terrible. But I don't think it was brilliant either. But hey I'm the guy that thinks movies like this where you have to much going on IE Memento are just over the top and not near as enjoyable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may be interested to hear they are currently filming a Transformer movie in Chicago.

w0OT!

And thanks for saving me from seeing this movie.

Thats awesome! Your Welcome!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap....must see this movie. Didn't get a chance this weekend.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which is precisely why I didn't care for it. I would have much rather waited and saw this in my own house. It wasn't what I would call terrible. But I don't think it was brilliant either. But hey I'm the guy that thinks movies like this where you have to much going on IE Memento are just over the top and not near as enjoyable.

shane, your comments disappoint me. there's a place for thought in entertainment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
movie was great. casting was superb. effects were terrific, and surprisingly the entire movie didn't revolve around them. they were just a visual treat alongside a terrific array of mental gymnastics.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shane, your comments disappoint me. there's a place for thought in entertainment.

Totally agree. Just don't care for the style of movie where you have so much going on at one time. While it can be good it just isn't my cup of tea. When it comes to a movie with thought required I'm more of a A Beautiful Mind type of guy.

Inception had so many thing to follow that it actually made me get bored with it.

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
Saw this last night, thought it was pure brilliance.

Actually going back to see it tonight or tomorrow.

One of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. Visually, the story, soundtrack, etc...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Just don't care for the style of movie where you have so much going on at one time. While it can be good it just isn't my cup of tea. When it comes to a movie with thought required I'm more of a A Beautiful Mind type of guy.

what kind of "thinking" did you have to do while watching A Beautiful Mind? That might come off as a snarky question, but i thought that movie was pretty straight-forward.

truth be told, I actually thought that movie was awful and beyond boring.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This movie was something else..... it is a mind bender for sure.... bowling now, will post more later.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
There are some things I would have changed but this movie was absolutely brilliant. Not everyone likes a movie you have to pay attention to from beginning to end, but for me it absolutely matched the hype.

In all honesty I could care less about the visual effects. I mean they were great and all but the story, acting, and cast were just phenomenol. Best movie I have seen this year, and one of the best I have seen in the last three years with Slumdog and The Departed.

Absolutely must see in the theatre though. I saw Avatar at home and was disappointed I never saw it in theatre. You will feel the same about this if you wait to rent.

Shane and Tyler - I'm guessing you both are pretty excited about The Expendables???? ;) :)

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome, awesome movie. I had sky high expectations going in and it matched them all. As others have stated Christopher Nolan is just in a different class right now and every one of his movies are in my top 100 of all time. I absolutely love his cinematography and the way the cities and landscapes he uses look.

Not an easy movie to follow but I didn't think it was overly confusing to understand the concept of the plot either. But it definitely has the details that can keep a discussion going with friends for days.

Chalk up another classic for the Nolan crew.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There are some things I would have changed but this movie was absolutely brilliant. Not everyone likes a movie you have to pay attention to from beginning to end, but for me it absolutely matched the hype.

In all honesty I could care less about the visual effects. I mean they were great and all but the story, acting, and cast were just phenomenol. Best movie I have seen this year, and one of the best I have seen in the last three years with Slumdog and The Departed.

Absolutely must see in the theatre though. I saw Avatar at home and was disappointed I never saw it in theatre. You will feel the same about this if you wait to rent.

Shane and Tyler - I'm guessing you both are pretty excited about The Expendables???? ;) :)

What exactly are you implying? That people you determine are idiots for not liking Inception are guaranteed to like The Expendables??

Guess what my 3 big summer movies were this year... Inception, Toy Story 3 and The Expendables. Does that make me an idiot?

;)

(cheese, don't answer that) :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you implying? That people you determine are idiots for not liking Inception are guaranteed to like The Expendables??

Guess what my 3 big summer movies were this year... Inception, Toy Story 3 and The Expendables. Does that make me an idiot?

;)

(cheese, don't answer that) :D

Chap, we're seeing eye to eye on this one... Those were my big ones too. Toy Story was really good but I think I got a little too hyped up for it as it didn't quite meet expectations. Inception... well, I'd been frothing at the mouth to see it since last summer's brief teaser and it blew me away... twice.

And does anything really need to be said about The Expendables? I own RHINESTONE for pete's sake! Me and my boys have been salivating over August 13th since the release date was announced. With a bottle in hand and a joint in the other, we can walk from my house to the movie and just be smashed beyond belief by the time we step inside the theater. I'd say the patrons in there are gonna love us, but who am I kidding? They're likely gonna be smashed also!

AUGUST 13TH!!!!!!!

But yes, Inception... awesome. Even better the 2nd time than the first.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap, we're seeing eye to eye on this one... Those were my big ones too. Toy Story was really good but I think I got a little too hyped up for it as it didn't quite meet expectations. Inception... well, I'd been frothing at the mouth to see it since last summer's brief teaser and it blew me away... twice.

And does anything really need to be said about The Expendables? I own RHINESTONE for pete's sake! Me and my boys have been salivating over August 13th since the release date was announced. With a bottle in hand and a joint in the other, we can walk from my house to the movie and just be smashed beyond belief by the time we step inside the theater. I'd say the patrons in there are gonna love us, but who am I kidding? They're likely gonna be smashed also!

AUGUST 13TH!!!!!!!

But yes, Inception... awesome. Even better the 2nd time than the first.

Haven't seen it yet, believe it or not. Was hoping to see it tonight, but I may have to work since Comic-Con started today.