Inception

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to InContention.com, Michael Caine has confirmed he'll have a small role in Christopher Nolan's Inception.

He said: "I have a little part in it, yes. Just a tiny part. Chris and I are very good friends so I'll do that little part. I think I'll work about three days. It'll be extraordinary, wait until you see this one. I think if I say another word he's going to kill me!"

Warner Bros. is targeting a July 16, 2010 release for the sci-fi action film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film is said to be set within the architecture of the mind.

76-year-old Caine has previously starred in Nolan's Batman Begins, The Prestige and The Dark Knight.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
According to InContention.com, Michael Caine has confirmed he'll have a small role in Christopher Nolan's Inception.

He said: "I have a little part in it, yes. Just a tiny part. Chris and I are very good friends so I'll do that little part. I think I'll work about three days. It'll be extraordinary, wait until you see this one. I think if I say another word he's going to kill me!"

Warner Bros. is targeting a July 16, 2010 release for the sci-fi action film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film is said to be set within the architecture of the mind.

76-year-old Caine has previously starred in Nolan's Batman Begins, The Prestige and The Dark Knight.

bump for 87% on rottentomatoes

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I'm looking forward to this. Other than Harry Potter probably the only movie I've been waiting for to come out this year.

Love the cast of Leo, Watanbe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (so hard not to write Tommy), and Cillian Murphy.

Rolling Stone gives this a 3.5/4 stars and had a very glowing review.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie! Total non stop action. Amazing Visuals. Another great performance by Leonardo.

Go see it!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am planning on seeing this on Sunday. I freaking love Joseph Gordan-Levitt (hotttt)!

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Good movie.

So, does it fall?

Some of the people I went with thought that was a weak end for the movie, but I thought it was really the best way to end it. I had a feeling throughout the movie that none of that stuff really happened and was in someone's (maybe Mal's) dream. I think ending it the way they did saved them from having to say it was all a dream but still leaves you wondering. All around a well made movie.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some of the people I went with thought that was a weak end for the movie, but I thought it was really the best way to end it. I had a feeling throughout the movie that none of that stuff really happened and was in someone's (maybe Mal's) dream. I think ending it the way they did saved them from having to say it was all a dream but still leaves you wondering. All around a well made movie.
For most of the movie I thought Mal was right and Cobb was still stuck in the dream but after the last scene with her that showed they actually grew old in the abyss and he actually planted the idea with her I thought he was right. But I'm not sure he ever got out of the abyss when he was supposed to find Saito. I didn't understand why Saito was so old but Cobb wasn't. Showing the top wobble a little but not fall was a great ending.

I always set my expectations pretty high when going to see a Christopher Nolan move and am never disappointed and it often exceeds them. This was no exception.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
One of the top movies in the last 10 years. The cinematography of this was mind blowing. There were scenes in this movie that reminded me of the first time I saw the Matrix.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't wait!

Our local theater was accidentally shipped Inception instead of Last Airbender. Will be going to tonights 6:45 showing. Woot!

Wow, what a fortunate mistake - except for the guys that got the other end of that stick.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Serendipitous for sure.

Great, great movie. Tense, Unpredictable. Complex. Action packed. And one of the coolest fight scenes put on film.

Oh and after 500 Days of Summer, my wife thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt was cute. After this movie he's officially a hottie to her now. I'm glad to see him get such a great role.

And how about the cast of former child actors in this?

Leo, Joseph, Lukas, and Ellen - good for them

I didn't know that Tom Hardy was Twombly in Black Hawk Down. Good role for him as well. Liked his Handsome Bob character in RockNRolla. I see he's the next Mad Max.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard about this movie earlier today for the 1st time.. Then I heard about it 2 more times since.. I havent seen one commercial or anything for it.. Did this movie just pop out of no where?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard about this movie earlier today for the 1st time.. Then I heard about it 2 more times since.. I havent seen one commercial or anything for it.. Did this movie just pop out of no where?

Seriously? For about the last month they have been promoing the hell out of this movie. To me it seemed like every commercial break had an ad for this movie.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? For about the last month they have been promoing the hell out of this movie. To me it seemed like every commercial break had an ad for this movie.

Ya Im serious.. Im not joking when I tell people that I dont watch alot of movies and tv is for sports for me most of the time..

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Serendipitous for sure.

Great, great movie. Tense, Unpredictable. Complex. Action packed. And one of the coolest fight scenes put on film.

Oh and after 500 Days of Summer, my wife thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt was cute. After this movie he's officially a hottie to her now. I'm glad to see him get such a great role.

And how about the cast of former child actors in this?

Leo, Joseph, Lukas, and Ellen - good for them

I didn't know that Tom Hardy was Twombly in Black Hawk Down. Good role for him as well. Liked his Handsome Bob character in RockNRolla. I see he's the next Mad Max.

As great as this film was, I found it to be predictable...or at least I had the ending pegged about half way through the film.

However, it didn't affect my enjoyment of the film. And you're right, that fight scene you're talking about topped anything the Matrix series had to offer, just based upon tension alone.

Dark Knight still stands, in my opinion at least, as one of the greatest films of all time. That said, Inception didn't disappoint. It's the best film I've seen since Dark Knight.

As I see it Christopher Nolan, and his creative team (no one man can possess that much genius), are head-and-shoulders above any one else making films right now...bar none, the best!

Funny that you'd bring up Tom Hardy. Until you mentioned it, I didn't connect the dots that he was in Black Hawk Down...but by his second scene I had him pegged as the young Picard clone in Star Trek Nemesis.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was not impressed in the least with this movie. Way to busy. Had to stand up at the back of the theater to keep from falling asleep last night.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it, liked it a lot!

I wanted it to fall at the end.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so freaking hot. Leo did a great job.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so freaking hot. Leo did a great job.

This guy was on SNL last nite.. He still creeps me out just looking at him ( I made a thread about it round here somewhere).. But what I also noticed is that he is one of them total thespian goofballs.. He's just completely weird.. From beginning to end, that SNL was weird when he was being himself.. Watch the very end when he keeps hugging Al Gore when saying goodbye.. He creeps me out even more now.. Before it was because I thought he was a Gary Coleman type of guy on 3rd Rock (small old guy), now add the way he acts (or being himself I should say).. Yup.. Total creep job..

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Was not impressed in the least with this movie. Way to busy. Had to stand up at the back of the theater to keep from falling asleep last night.

I agree, they had too many things going on at once. Good special effects but the story itself was bad, IMO.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree, they had too many things going on at once. Good special effects but the story itself was bad, IMO.

I went and tracked down the trailer last nite to see what this movie was about.. Not gonna be watching it just from the trailer alone.. Looks dumb.. And I usually agree with what Shane thinks of movies so his reaction kinda fell in line with what I thought of the trailer..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard