I'm sure that I'll get ripped for this, but...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been impressed by the competitiveness.

Granted, I think we've played 2 rather lousy teams, but we were in each game and seeing as I think that this is the worst roster in the league, it has played above it's punching weight.

Still not at all sold on Petzing, but the rest have giving a nod.

The schedule gets a LOT tougher coming up. The real test for this staff will be how well they keep the players engaged when the season is deep in the weeds.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, who else doesn't see a Dallas team coming here thinking this is a gimme game? They might be surprised.
Mike McCarthy should know not to consider the Cards a gimme game considering they got him fired from Green Bay. :p

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This coaching staff has me pumped! If this staff had the same talent that Screensbury had early on, we would be playoff contenders. This team, as a whole, does not have much talent. Sure, we have Zaven, Budda, Hollywood and some younger talent, but for the most part, we aren't anywhere close to elite. What this staff has done so far, imo, has been amazing. We shouldn't be in any game, yet we were! What's going to happen when/if Kyler comes back? If we had Kyler, we would have won these 2 games. IF Kyler comes back in the 4th or 5th week, we have a chance of doing some special things!

Agree easily.

Same people that said this roster sucked and was going to be one of the worst teams ever are still going to complain despite being in both games and having lost by a combined 7 points.

This is a roster that should never be up 20-0 or 28-7. The coaching staff are doing a fantastic job with what they have.

That defense was gassed. With the injuries we couldn't rotate the DL, ILB or safeties for most of the game.

It's an unfortunate result but it's like complaining the Spartans were defeated at the Battle of Thermopylae. Sometimes you just have to be impressed by the effort and understand that despite the result much was achieved.

Everyone is acting as if this is the full strength team. How many games would you expect a Brett Rypien led team to win? Or a Tyler Huntley led team?

Do the Giants win that game with Tyrod Taylor at QB? Would you expect the Bills to win with Kyle Allen at QB or the Chargers with Easton Stick?

Last edited:

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
If they lost 31-10 I would not have cared as much. It’s the fashion in which they lost that really was a kick below the belt and brings up far too many bad memories of cardinals past.

I’m not going to be too harsh on the coaching staff for this game, honestly for this year even, it’s just not fair given the roster they are working with. As others have pointed out- I just hope they can keep this team engaged and continue to build rather than them fall in to a state of apathy.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Q: "What's going to happen when/if Kyler comes back?"

A: Cards
will be $pending $2.3 million per game on Kyler :eek::help:

As Professor Jones says...... have zero expectations!

the results will be the same > another Loss

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
This coaching staff has me pumped! If this staff had the same talent that Screensbury had early on, we would be playoff contenders. This team, as a whole, does not have much talent. Sure, we have Zaven, Budda, Hollywood and some younger talent, but for the most part, we aren't anywhere close to elite. What this staff has done so far, imo, has been amazing. We shouldn't be in any game, yet we were! What's going to happen when/if Kyler comes back? If we had Kyler, we would have won these 2 games. IF Kyler comes back in the 4th or 5th week, we have a chance of doing some special things!
Dobbs played better yesterday than Kyler would have played.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If they lost 31-10 I would not have cared as much. It’s the fashion in which they lost that really was a kick below the belt and brings up far too many bad memories of cardinals past.

I’m not going to be too harsh on the coaching staff for this game, honestly for this year even, it’s just not fair given the roster they are working with. As others have pointed out- I just hope they can keep this team engaged and continue to build rather than them fall in to a state of apathy.
the 31-10 losses are going to be the next few weeks. I don’t think those will be easier to handle. We know we’re not good and don’t have a starting QB so I’ll take competitive losses

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
the 31-10 losses are going to be the next few weeks. I don’t think those will be easier to handle. We know we’re not good and don’t have a starting QB so I’ll take competitive losses
Those will be far easier to handle because we should lose those games big. The score line of yesterday's game wasn't the issue; the epic "same old Cards" collapse was the issue.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
The epic collapse was due to a change in game plan. They let their foot off the gas. Stopped doing what was working in the first half. Why? The defense was playing tough, press then for some reason they backed off and got soft. Why?
The last drive by the offense when the game was tied was 2 runs and a swing pass for a few yards and punt! That’s pathetic play calling! I was yelling “What are we doing?”
It seriously looked like they were trying to lose!

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
The epic collapse was due to a change in game plan. They let their foot off the gas. Stopped doing what was working in the first half. Why? The defense was playing tough, press then for some reason they backed off and got soft. Why?
The last drive by the offense when the game was tied was 2 runs and a swing pass for a few yards and punt! That’s pathetic play calling! I was yelling “What are we doing?”
It seriously looked like they were trying to lose!
tank year? Got a call from Monti upstairs saying "dont you dare win this game"

I honestly wouldnt be suprised

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I expected your post to get downvoted but everyone here pretending like Kyler isn’t capable of putting forth some absolutely putrid performances.
well i can tell you Kyler wouldnt have been able to bowl over the defender on a 27 yd run like dobbs did and alot of Dobbs throws down field he took some shots after the pass.

Also picked up the blitz fairly well. Kyler just runs around like an idiot when he's blitzed and the play breaks down.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of positives to take out of the first half of the game. None really after that. The main problem is that it seeps some of the "Same old Cards" vibe into the team. The loss doesn't matter, but the manner of the loss is absolutely awful, all excuses aside.
They way they marched down the field after the Giants scored in 3 plays was DEFINITELY a positive. Not so much after that though.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I was not in the “tanking” camp. I thought all that talk was just the media trying to stir up controversy for the 24’ draft.
But…watching the 4th quarter meltdown, it actually looked like they were allowing NY to comeback! There’s just no plausible explanation for the way this team just stopped playing.
Seriously it looked scripted.
Is it actually possible that they are in fact tanking?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not in the “tanking” camp. I thought all that talk was just the media trying to stir up controversy for the 24’ draft.
But…watching the 4th quarter meltdown, it actually looked like they were allowing NY to comeback! There’s just no plausible explanation for the way this team just stopped playing.
Seriously it looked scripted.
Is it actually possible that they are in fact tanking?
No. They coached scared, trying “not to lose” instead of playing to win. And that started from the moment they got conservative after the turnover before the half and settled for a FG instead of going for the jugular on that drive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree easily.

Same people that said this roster sucked and was going to be one of the worst teams ever are still going to complain despite being in both games and having lost by a combined 7 points.

This is a roster that should never be up 20-0 or 28-7. The coaching staff are doing a fantastic job with what they have.

That defense was gassed. With the injuries we couldn't rotate the DL, ILB or safeties for most of the game.

It's an unfortunate result but it's like complaining the Spartans were defeated at the Battle of Thermopylae. Sometimes you just have to be impressed by the effort and understand that despite the result much was achieved.

Everyone is acting as if this is the full strength team. How many games would you expect a Brett Rypien led team to win? Or a Tyler Huntley led team?

Do the Giants win that game with Tyrod Taylor at QB? Would you expect the Bills to win with Kyle Allen at QB or the Chargers with Easton Stick?

Yeah, the defense looked totally exhausted during the Giants comeback.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
No. They coached scared, trying “not to lose” instead of playing to win. And that started from the moment they got conservative after the turnover before the half and settled for a FG instead of going for the jugular on that drive.
100% the new young staff coached a great game for a half then turned it off and coached not to lose. This should be a huge lessons for them.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expected your post to get downvoted but everyone here pretending like Kyler isn’t capable of putting forth some absolutely putrid performances.
I think people disliked that post because of the poster himself & not the actual post, tbh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They way they marched down the field after the Giants scored in 3 plays was DEFINITELY a positive. Not so much after that though.
Yeah… that drive gave me a little hope that we weren’t going to see SOC, especially after such an impressive first half Then they gave us all exactly what we feared, know and loathe about this franchise.

That was a bummer. Not necessarily the L. That’s good in the long-run. But to lose the way they did just keeps the SOC stench on the team and culture that they’re trying to change.

Super curious to now see how they respond with a big time team coming to town next week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson