If the Suns finally win the title...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
... shots are on me for each and every one of you! :D

Nothing like seeing a bunch of crazy, old ASFN'ers celebrating.

Something tells me George O'Brien would drink us all under the table.

Seriously, what would be your reaction to the Suns winning the title?

I'm taking orders right now...

HooverDam

Reaction score
I would strongly consider getting their logo (the original one) tattooed on me somewhere. Even though I generally think tattoos to be silly and probably painful.

I would cry for certain. For the most part though I would probably just not be able to believe it. I wonder if it would make the following year less exciting, already having been to the summit, I wonder if trying to defend is as exciting.

It was different for me w/ the D'backs, because while I was a big fan, I hadn't had years to grow and feel pain w/ the team. So them not doing as well the next year didn't break my heart, they were still a young franchise and for the most part are just now going through expansion growing pains.

fordronken

Reaction score
sly fly said:

Puhlease. Everyone with a Middle English alcohol reference in your name, go ahead and raise your hand.

That's what I thought. I may be a nerd, but that doesn't mean I can't be an alcoholic too.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
To be honest, I think I'd be too relieved to celebrate.

I know I'd read absolutely every article and summary about the season that I could find, for years afterward, just to convince myself that it had really happened.

I live in the Los Angeles area, but if the Suns make the Finals, there is a good chance I will pay whatever I have to in order to see any potential title-winning game in Phoenix. I guess that wouldn't be very likely against Detroit, since the Suns would not have home-court advantage and so would have to win in five. But if Miami or someone else with a weaker record goes, the Suns could win in six or seven, and I would find a ticket. Somehow.

Oh, and you won't catch me making any drinking bets. I never built up a tolerance.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some people in the Irish community look at me strange since I don't drink -- and I spend more time in the pubs than any of them keeping track of my bands.

For me, having the Suns win it would be much sweeter than when the Diamondbacks won. I loved how they beat the Yankees and all, but it still felt like that team was just the best team money could buy.

This Suns team has come from no where and except for Nash (who started here), none were big names before becoming Suns. This is also a team of great individuals who make it easy to get behind them.

How will I react? I suspect I'll be smiling A LOT. :D

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
If either the suns or cards ever win a championship, I think Id just sit on the couch, staring at the tv with a big smile on my face.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Definitely a lot of emotion.

And hopefully we'll finally get that big group of ASFNers together in Los Angeles! (apologies to Ouchie and cheesebeef, who I've already watched a game with)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I refuse to let myself dream. Too much potential heartache. I'm satisfied to be spontaneous if the occasion arises in my lifetime.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In that I have saying I thought next year to be the year (even before Diaw became a star), I won't be horribly disappointed if they don't make it this year. However, as things are going, I won't be shocked if they do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
if either the cards or suns won a championship i may actually wet myself (and i KNOW cheese would wet himself). i'd weep uncontrollably with my two brothers and father (who we would have to drag to the game, but he'd be secretly ecstatic that we did so). i mean, my bros and i went nuts at game seven of the dbacks world series and, truth be told, none of us had ever truly been big baseball fans growing up.

i'd attend every potential world championship clinching game. home or away. and so would my brothers. that would necessitate plane tickets and scalping ridiculously priced tickets, but it would be worth it to witness it. oh man would it be worth it.

i may also wear my stoudemire jersey for the next week. to work, to client meetings, in bed with my girlfriend. oh yeeeeeaaah. (i might do that last one regardless).

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
it'd be like the red sox. i'm starting to realize part of my identity is tied up in this team. i am defined as a suns fan, and as such have a bit of underdog syndrome in me, as my team has always been good but never good enough.

if they win, i won't really know what to do with myself. i may actually lose interest in basketball for a while. like something you wanted for so long actually happens and you don't even bother making any new goals for a while, you just chill :)

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
playstation said:
it'd be like the red sox. i'm starting to realize part of my identity is tied up in this team. i am defined as a suns fan, and as such have a bit of underdog syndrome in me, as my team has always been good but never good enough.

if they win, i won't really know what to do with myself. i may actually lose interest in basketball for a while. like something you wanted for so long actually happens and you don't even bother making any new goals for a while, you just chill :)

I would doubt it.

I was living in San Francisco when the 49ers won their first Super Bowl. The feeling was unbelievable. They won more championships, but none was as sweet or as memorable as the first one.

One thing winning the championship would do is bring the Suns back to the top of the Phoenix sports scene. In the early 90's the Suns were HUGE here and it took a fairly long period of bad play to lose that.

Phoenix hasn't yet really come to believe in the Suns, but it could happen again if they can get to the finals.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'll take up for George on the shots thing! One, I am part Irish. Two, I went to school at NAU, (those visiting ASU and UofA students thought we drank too much!). Three, I was always the guy who drank all night with the buddies, then made sure everyone got home OK because I was the only one who could walk and drive. So if the drinks flow, count me in! :thumbup:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
So nice for it to be March and we can realistically discuss this topic....

Thank You Suns.....

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I might call up a lot of the bandwaggon fans i've known, and talk a little trash.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
I might call up a lot of the bandwaggon fans i've known, and talk a little trash.

That goes without saying. And any punk who was born and raised here and dares to wear a Kobe jersey or hype the Sixers or some other foreign team should NOT be allowed to participate in any celebration.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
sly fly said:
... shots are on me for each and every one of you! :D

Nothing like seeing a bunch of crazy, old ASFN'ers celebrating.

Seriously, what would be your reaction to the Suns winning the title?

I'm taking orders right now...

Is the plane ticket on you too??? :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
That goes without saying. And any punk who was born and raised here and dares to wear a Kobe jersey or hype the Sixers or some other foreign team should NOT be allowed to participate in any celebration.

participate in the celebration? they should be shot during the ensuing riots that are inevitable in downtown phoenix.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
they should be shot during the ensuing riots that are inevitable in downtown phoenix.

We don't riot in Phoenix, we're civilized in Phoenix.

jibikao

Reaction score
If Suns finally won, I'll be able to post on all forums that SMALL-BALL CAN WORK and shut those doubters' freaking mouths!

I may want to get drunk... believe it or not, I have not get drunk before and I am 26. "LOL" I think alcohol tastes weird.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
We don't riot in Phoenix, we're civilized in Phoenix.

That and no one lives in Phoenix that goes to the games, they will be rushing home 40 miles away.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
jibikao said:
If Suns finally won, I'll be able to post on all forums that SMALL-BALL CAN WORK and shut those doubters' freaking mouths!

I may want to get drunk... believe it or not, I have not get drunk before and I am 26. "LOL" I think alcohol tastes weird.

jibikao + :cheers: + :beer:x 6 + 60 minutes later = :barf:

:rockon:

jibikao

Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
jibikao + :cheers: + :beer:x 6 + 60 minutes later = :barf:

:rockon:
My friends have been trying to get me drunk but I just hate the taste of alcohol. It's not even about being drunk... I just don't like the taste. It doesn't taste like pop drinks at all!! :eek: I mean seriously, why would people want to drink something that tastes "bitter" when they can drink fruit juice and other soda/energy drinks? I just don't get it.

Beer is the probably the worst of all. I can force myself to drink some coolers like Peach cooler. At least they have fruit flavor in them!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
My friends have been trying to get me drunk but I just hate the taste of alcohol. It's not even about being drunk... I just don't like the taste. It doesn't taste like pop drinks at all!! :eek: I mean seriously, why would people want to drink something that tastes "bitter" when they can drink fruit juice and other soda/energy drinks? I just don't get it.

Beer is the probably the worst of all. I can force myself to drink some coolers like Peach cooler. At least they have fruit flavor in them!

Somebody get this man a Zima.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard