Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant the team taking him will need $19 million in September, which doesn't happen often. And if they don't have the space they couls ask us to restructure him, it might add more dead money for us.

But yeah, we save $8 million by trading him.
Ah... Well, the time will be that they can agree to a restructure or extension at the time of the trade to free up some or all of that number.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hate to see DHop go. Best I can see next season is they get enough "new culture" players and over perform Ala Detroit Lions. IF (Big IF) Kyler turns it around, you always have a chance if your QB is good.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant the team taking him will need $19 million in September, which doesn't happen often. And if they don't have the space they couls ask us to restructure him, it might add more dead money for us.

But yeah, we save $8 million by trading him.

Nuk has said he's willing to restructure so a trading team could give him an extensions and signing bonus and lower his cap hit this year. But yes it is a little tougher.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Cooper isn’t the same as DHop IMO
No I think they are different. I’d give the edge to dhop(the dhop before last season), but it’s clear that the cowboys grossly undervalued cooper. He is a great all purpose receiver. Cooper was the cowboys most explosive player for his entire tenure with the team and it showed this past year when he wasn’t there anymore. Lamb did take a giant step forward though. The cowboys have to add another quality WR. will be interesting to see who they get.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s like if you’re driving to Disneyland with your spouse. They’re behind the wheel, and you have to let them do their thing.

Only when they park the car at Yellowstone and say “we’re here” can anyone speak up.
Sorry folks, parks closed. Moose out front shoulda told you...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My guess is the Bears for their 2nd and Claypool.
Dear God, no. Claypool is not a player I want on this roster. Million dollar body, ten cent head. If we had a veteran team and coaching staff good at handling head cases, maybe, but not at this early stage. Just a 2nd, thank you. But the Bears traded their second to get Claypool. Do they have another?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Dear God, no. Claypool is not a player I want on this roster. Million dollar body, ten cent head. If we had a veteran team and coaching staff good at handling head cases, maybe, but not at this early stage. Just a 2nd, thank you. But the Bears traded their second to get Claypool. Do they have another?
They have the Ravens pick for the LB.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

Sources: The #Texans are trading WR Brandin Cooks to the #Cowboys for a 5th this year and 6th next year. A big-play threat for Dallas.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m starting to think he will be a draft day trade, or will be staying put with a new contract.
Agree, as the market has dried up for him. KC seems to be the best bet but his price tag on a high draft pick is now certainly dropping.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Facts… never understood the argument of playing with bad QBs… Many a HOF caliber receiver have put up hella stats with crap QBs. They usally have to throw twice as much. Lol
But look at 2012-2014. Pretty healthy (played in 45 of 48 games) in his prime (ages 29-31) and averaged only 845 per year. Give him a good QB during those seasons and he likely has 1,000-1,500 more yards. Give him a consistently good QB and he likely has 3,000-4,000 more yards over his entire career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose