I think that Kyler Murray's career is finished with his injury

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
He got his 189 million guaranteed and has never been the same. Never will be. We caved, and we lost. We are screwed for years.

:blush: $2.7 M per game,,,,,what a waste of money spent. Agree, he will seek his $189 M and figure his football days are over.
Next maybe....he will play baseball or disappear into the dark abyss with a pot-of-gold in the bank.
Bidwill must have a sore butthole tonight.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a little hyperbolic, but not completely wrong. He's not a great pocket passer, and I don't think he'll be back to full speed by the start of next year. Can this team sustain that? I don't see it. That'd put him at 27 by 2024, at which point that kind of athleticism would be naturally declining.

The outlook's not good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a little hyperbolic, but not completely wrong. He's not a great pocket passer, and I don't think he'll be back to full speed by the start of next year. Can this team sustain that? I don't see it. That'd put him at 27 by 2024, at which point that kind of athleticism would be naturally declining.

The outlook's not good.
Sadly, this is the pragmatic way to looks at it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are to assume Murray’s injury is catastrophic we could very well draft a Qb with our first pick. If we have to pay Murray a gazillion dollars a year we can’t spend more money on another Qb. We can’t go into next season with McCoy as our starter.
Right now Murray is nothing more than a highly paid back up next year.
What a mess.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An already terrible contract extension now looks even worse.

I didn't think it could possibly get worse but it has.

I feel bad for Kyler but ultimately I'm a Cardinals fan, not a fan of any specific player. The only thing I care about is winning.

Keim should be fired just for the Kyler extension. It was a shockingly bad decision based on what we knew of Kyler at the time which only looks worse by what has happened since.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An already terrible contract extension now looks even worse.

I didn't think it could possibly get worse but it has.

I feel bad for Kyler but ultimately I'm a Cardinals fan, not a fan of any specific player. The only thing I care about is winning.

Keim should be fired just for the Kyler extension. It was a shockingly bad decision based on what we knew of Kyler at the time which only looks worse by what has happened since.
I feel bad for KM

But the FO caving into the demands of the contract when we had 1-2 more years for KM to show us the real player was panicking

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel bad for KM

But the FO caving into the demands of the contract when we had 1-2 more years for KM to show us the real player was panicking

Kyler had the worst record of any QB to get a 3rd year contract extension. Coming off one of the worst playoff performances of all time.

It was a terrible football decision. The kind of extension only a fan would give, as Schultz said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave