I think that Kyler Murray's career is finished with his injury

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can agree with the injury-prone aspect, just saying guys come back from ACL injuries all the time. Jamal might be a good example of your point, Kawhi’s entire lower body is toast not just his knee.
True as well with Kawhi.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys also don’t. Go look at Kawhi Leonard and Jamal Murray for proof of that.

And I think you’re misconstruing the argument. It’s not that he’s athletically done because of an ACL. But that when he is able to get healthy, there might be a little less giddy up in his get up and in the NFL, the loss of even just a little can take something something special and downgrade it to ordinary.

And that’s all saying nothing to the fact that he already didn’t get the best out if his legs, playing somewhat protective as a runner. Mentally that issue might be compounded even worse coming back off this injury.

Also, this was now the second straight season he’ll missed significant time and third straight season injuries will have severely limited him going back to the shoulder injury most of his defenders blame for his second half meltdown in 2020.

Bird’s eye view of the last 3 years, games missed, wearing down over the course of seasons just paint a picture of a guy who’s body just ain’t cut out for football.
Is Jamal Murray really a good example? He’s really not that far off from his career averages pre-injury & this is while his legs haven’t been fully under him yet. Not even half the season has gone by.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Jamal Murray really a good example? He’s really not that far off from his career averages pre-injury & this is while his legs haven’t been fully under him yet. Not even half the season has gone by.
Not even half this season has gone by, you’re right.

But he missed ALL of last season also. Remember, his injury happened in April 2021. It’s now Dec 2022, and his averages are all still down 19 months later and clearly doesn’t look like the guy he was when he suffered the injury.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s more mobile and athletic than Hurts… even though Hurts has demolished him in rushing yards while they’ve both been starters the last two years.

And he’s more mobile than Josh Allen… by the measure of a whistle and stop-clock maybe, but not in actual game action seeing as Allen also has demolished Kyler in rushing stats the last two seasons. Maybe he’s more mobile in natural ability or measureables in drills than than Allen or Hurts, but in actual practice in games, those guys get much better results using their mobility than Kyler. What happens on the field, in pads, in games that actually contributes to offensive success is more important then what happens in shorts in practice or drills.
Not even comparable.. go peep Hurts Oline man, such a narrow perspective. If Kyler had that Oline - my goodness..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as football is concerned, OBJ is still not medically ready to get back on a team 10 months after tearing his ACL. Now, he might be all the way back by opening day 2023, but that’s because he’ll have another ten months to rehab.

People expecting Kyler to be same athlete Kyler next season are ignoring the fact that, yes, guys can come back from ACL tears, but even if they do within 9-12 months, they rarely get back to their normal peak condition until the following season after they return.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and his averages are all still down 19 months later and clearly doesn’t look like the guy he was when he suffered the injury.
Again, I believe it’s still way too early to judge. I actually think it’s encouraging he is currently averaging basically what his career average has been while still acclimating after missing a long-length of time. It wasn’t like he was Damian Lillard before the injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even comparable.. go peep Hurts Oline man, such a narrow perspective. If Kyler had that Oline - my goodness..
And he has that incredible O-line last year too, right?

And the year before that when the Eagles were atrocious and he was still the equal to Kyler’s running in 2020, right?

Such a narrow perspective indeed. There’s THREE YEARS of comparison where with various levels of O-Line, Hurts has always been at the very least Kyler’s equal if not dwarfing his production.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As far as football is concerned, OBJ is still not medically ready to get back on a team 10 months after tearing his ACL. Now, he might be all the way back by opening day 2023, but that’s because he’ll have another ten months to rehab.

People expecting Kyler to be same athlete Kyler next season are ignoring the fact that, yes, guys can come back from ACL tears, but even if they do within 9-12 months, they rarely get back to their normal peak condition until the following season after they return.
ODell also torn his ACL TWICE on the same knee while having a couple knee fracture injuries.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I believe it’s still way too early to judge. I actually think it’s encouraging he is currently averaging basically what his career average has been while still acclimating after missing a long-length of time. It wasn’t like he was Damian Lillard before the injury.
Did you pay attention to the bubble and then what he was doing in 2021? That was a young player ASCENDING to superstardom.

19 months later, he’s a good player, but nothing close to what he was becoming.

That’s not encouraging to me. That looks to me exactly what I’m saying. Next year is pretty much wasted and it won’t be until late 2024 that we’ll get an accurate read on what Kyler is or isn’t.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What a dumb post. Football players bounce back from blown out knees all the time. And with today’s surgical advances, they actually come back stronger. Murray will be back next year ready to play. What this franchise needs to do is now is work on finding a real NFL experienced HC that isn’t solely analytics DRIVEN.
Adrian Peterson came back the very next year with this ACL injury and came back hard.

Joe Borrows came back and went to the superbowl

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And he has that incredible O-line last year too, right?

And the year before that when the Eagles were atrocious and he was still the equal to Kyler’s running in 2020, right?

Such a narrow perspective indeed. There’s THREE YEARS of comparison where with various levels of O-Line, Hurts has always been at the very least Kyler’s equal if not dwarfing his production.
Oh man you’re lost.. Eagles Oline has always had better pieces in place than AZ’s… even when hurt last year. Hurts was atrocious until this year with literally every position on the offense as ++++.. WRs, TE, RBs and Oline. Put Kyler over there this year and yes you’d have an MVP candidate and then some. Hurts still can’t throw - just want until they are down in the second half in the playoffs by more than 7 points. They’ll be toast.. one of if not the softest schedule in the league and only been down ONCE in the second half by more than ONE score. They lost that game as he’s not going to throw you to a comeback victory.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What a dumb post. Football players bounce back from blown out knees all the time. And with today’s surgical advances, they actually come back stronger. Murray will be back next year ready to play. What this franchise needs to do is now is work on finding a real NFL experienced HC that isn’t solely analytics DRIVEN.
My only concern is his left knee. We see that all the time...you do too much on the good knee and it blows later. I agree, though, his right knee will probably be stronger than before, with a good surgeon.

Reactions: TRW

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man you’re lost.. Eagles Oline has always had better pieces in place than AZ’s… even when hurt last year. Hurts was atrocious until this year with literally every position on the offense as ++++.. WRs, TE, RBs and Oline. Put Kyler over there this year and yes you’d have an MVP candidate and then some. Hurts still can’t throw - just want until they are down in the second half in the playoffs by more than 7 points. They’ll be toast.. one of if not the softest schedule in the league and only been down ONCE in the second half by more than ONE score. They lost that game as he’s not going to throw you to a comeback victory.
I’m lost? You can’t even follow the conversation. I SPECIFICALLY objected to DaHig’s comment that Kyler was more mobile than Hurts.

Had nothing to do with his passing. Please try and follow the conversation. Not doing so will derail it with the above where you projected a stupid argument on to me I never made.

The Eagles line wasn’t good last year and was horrific two years ago and Hurts proved just as mobile as Kyler if not much more so, no matter the circumstances. Arguing otherwise has no basis in evidence, anywhere.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Snap.

He isn't done as a runner and it won't change his game. Running backs do ACL's every year and still play running back.

Actually runners do ACL's and come back and compete at a high level.

He'll be fine physically. The question is how it effects him mentally.
Only time will tell. But, right now, I’m not at all worried about Murray’s return, mental or physical.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you pay attention to the bubble and then what he was doing in 2021? That was a young player ASCENDING to superstardom.

19 months later, he’s a good player, but nothing close to what he was becoming.

That’s not encouraging to me.
Man, I feel like you’re continuing to leave out the “his legs haven’t gotten back under him yet” part. You would have a great point if this was March & his stats stayed stagnant.

It took Paul George a little bit to become the player he used to be before that severe injury he had in the summer of 2014.

You gotta give these dudes time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My only concern is his left knee. We see that all the time...you do too much on the good knee and it blows later. I agree, though, his right knee will probably be stronger than before, with a good surgeon.
Not worried a bit on his recovery. Kyler should have slid earlier, but the last time he did that he was harshly criticized. Damn if you do, damn if you don’t. Might actually end up being a good thing for him. This season is a stinking mess. Why learn even more bad habits from KK’s coaching. Kyler has to rehab hard & PRAY WITH ALL HIS BEING that he has a real HC next year. If Bidwill doesn’t act on this & get rid of Kliff, then THAT IS what I fear that could ruin Murray’s career.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not worried a bit on his recovery. Kyler should have slid earlier, but the last time he did that he was harshly criticized. Damn if you do, damn if you don’t. Might actually end up being a good thing for him. This season is a stinking mess. Why learn even more bad habits from KK’s coaching. Kyler has to rehab hard & PRAY WITH ALL HIS BEING that he has a real HC next year. If Bidwill doesn’t act on this & get rid of Kliff, then THAT IS what I fear that could ruin Murray’s career.
Getting rid of Kliff is only effective if Keim is gone, too. It can't be one or the other...needs to be both, to have a shred of hope.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson came back the very next year with this ACL injury and came back hard.

Joe Borrows came back and went to the superbowl
Agree 100%. Problem is with all the Murray haters on this board. Haters are going to hate no matter what. Murray could play for 15 years here & have a great career, and there will still be haters here. Just the way it is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I feel like you’re continuing to leave out the “his legs haven’t gotten back under him yet” part. You would have a great point if this was March & his stats stayed stagnant.

It took Paul George a little bit to become the player he used to be before that severe injury he had in the summer of 2014.

You gotta give these dudes time.
Jesus… are you just being dense or deliberately obtuse?

I know those guys need time. I’ve said so REPEATEDLY that it’s usually into Season 2 post ACL tear, at least, before really great athletes get all their juice back in their game. Which means counting on Kyler to be athletically great next season is a pipe dream and will probably need into the 2024 season to see if he can come all the way back. All of which puts us in limbo for the next two off seasons, which is a nightmare, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Problem is with all the Murray haters on this board. Haters are going to hate no matter what. Murray could play for 15 years here & have a great career, and there will still be haters here. Just the way it is.
I love these posts. Murray has never played great for ONE year at this point. So you have no clue what it would look like if he played great for 15 years because he’s never given fans yo react to a great season ONCE.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus… are you just being dense or deliberately obtuse?
You probably need to look in the mirror & ask yourself that.
I’ve said so REPEATEDLY that it’s usually into Season 2 post ACL tear, at least, before really great athletes get all their juice back in their game.
You literally said or even implied none of this until you edited your post after I already replied to you. Go re-read your own posts before the edit. If you would’ve said this before hand, time wouldn’t have been wasted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard