I Like Pittsburgh

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the town. I like the people. I like the football team; I like the way they go about their business. For the most part I like the players. I like Tomlin.

That said, I hope they're all crying in their Iron City beers next Sunday night.

SHOCK THE WORLD!

number1.gif

I also like ******'s in McKees Rock. That place is awesome. That's where I'd go to drown my sorrows if I was a Steelers fan.

Last edited:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My feelings too Pariah...

I RESPECT the Steelers. THEY are a team. THEY are a family. What people in the sportsworld are missing is that the CARDS are becoming the same thing. In the next (10) years will we have 2/3 Super Bowls in our trophy case?? Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!! :D

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I like the town. I like the people. I like the football team; I like the way they go about their business. For the most part I like the players. I like Tomlin.

That said, I hope they're all crying in their Steel City beers next Sunday night.

SHOCK THE WORLD!

:number1:

I also like ******'s in McKees Rock. That place is awesome. That's where I'd go to drown my sorrows if I was a Steelers fan.

100% agree...classy organization.

Hopefully, this is our first step in becoming that type of franchise.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree except for Tomlin. No good reason why I don't like Tomlin, he just annoys me. I do however respect him.

Living in Pa. I couldn't have asked for a better Championship series or SB. I am first and foremost a Cards fan. I do still root for the Eagles( distant 2nd to the Cards) and would rather see the Steelers win the SB then any other AFC team.

I will be very bummed out if the Cards don't win it all. Silver linings would be:

1)That we did make it to the SB. How many of us thought that would happen this year?

2) Steelers are a classy organization and I won't HATE that they won it....again.
The alternative would be the THUGS named the Ravens would be in the SB.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me too - a model franchise with smart loyal fans who deserve to cry next Sunday. GBR!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will be the oddball here.

I have never been to Pittsburgh and doubt I ever will. Though I like many of their past and current players (Bradshaw, Joe Greene, Ward, Polamalu, etc) and they were the first team I think I ever rooted for other than the Cards I dislike their ownership or Tomlin.

LukesDad88

Registered
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, what do you dislike about the Rooney's and Tomlin?

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, what do you dislike about the Rooney's and Tomlin?
Who doesn't like Rooney (Cameron: "Rooney!")? Only one person said they didn't like Tomlin and fessed to there being no particular reason. EDIT: Nevermind. It was Cardsfanmd. Nevermind him.

I think the Steelers and their ownership might be the most respected in the league.

...Plus, they're a stone's throw from ******'s. Awesome.

Steeler SChuck

Veteran
Reaction score
Who doesn't like Rooney (Cameron: "Rooney!")? Only one person said they didn't like Tomlin and fessed to there being no particular reason. EDIT: Nevermind. It was Cardsfanmd. Nevermind him.

I think the Steelers and their ownership might be the most respected in the league.

...Plus, they're a stone's throw from ******'s. Awesome.

******'s in Waynesburg?

Steeler SChuck

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's in McKees Rock (sp?). It's awesome, you pay like a $20 cover, but drink free keg beer all night (that you have to go into a creepy basement to get, but still).

That's not it. There's a ******'s (on Bonar avenue - no kidding) in Waynesburg, about an hour south of Pittsburgh near the WVA border. The mullet, wife-beater capital of the world.

The one you're talking about is a strip joint I think.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm with you Pariah. The Steelers are a great organization and team, and it says a lot about us if we come out with a victory on Sunday. Props to the Steelers fans that have come here and carried themselves with dignity.

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score
That's not it. There's a ******'s (on Bonar avenue - no kidding) in Waynesburg, about an hour south of Pittsburgh near the WVA border. The mullet, wife-beater capital of the world.

The one you're talking about is a strip joint I think.

I think he's thinking of Club Erotica in McKees Rocks... It's really just a suburban strip club, but you do get unlimited drinks with the cover charge. You get you're drinks from a keg in little plastic cup, it's like a college party with naked chicks.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you Pariah. The Steelers are a great organization and team, and it says a lot about us if we come out with a victory on Sunday. Props to the Steelers fans that have come here and carried themselves with dignity.

Thats exactly why I was hoping to get the Steelers once we had finished off the Eagles. Win or lose, no one doubts their pedigree. Had we drawn the Ravens we would've had to listen to all that "rookie QB and rookie coach" crap. Which would've diluted a win a bit, and made a loss a little worse. I'm glad we're going up against the best franchise in the AFC. Yes, I'd rate them over the Patriots and Colts because they've been good much longer and with different coaches and QBs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's thinking of Club Erotica in McKees Rocks... It's really just a suburban strip club, but you do get unlimited drinks with the cover charge. You get you're drinks from a keg in little plastic cup, it's like a college party with naked chicks.

You sound like one of those "cool" moms who winds up getting busted for partying with their teenagers.

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score
You sound like one of those "cool" moms who winds up getting busted for partying with their teenagers.

Lol no, I'm not that bad anymore (mostly because after having kids I just don't have the energy to party anymore lol). That just happens to be the only strip club I've ever been to on my 21st birthday and after a long night at many bars...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont like Mike Tomlins eyeballs.. What the hell is he doing with them in press conferences? He looks like a freak..

PDR

Suns: L, L, L, L, L, L
Reaction score
The cardinals and the steelers....epic

TheSteelCurtain

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I RESPECT the Steelers. THEY are a team. THEY are a family. What people in the sportsworld are missing is that the CARDS are becoming the same thing. In the next (10) years will we have 2/3 Super Bowls in our trophy case?? Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!! :D

Do you plan on Matt leinart delivering these too you. With the 4th worse defense in the NFL.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
Do you plan on Matt leinart delivering these too you. With the 4th worse defense in the NFL.

Um... Why in the WORLD would you come into a thread where the other teams fans is give our guys, organization, and ownership all the respect and praise. . . and start talking smack?

Please, show some class and respect. . . your a steelers fan, we have in in abundance. That kind of post is reminiscent of a Bungals fan.

Steeler SChuck

Veteran
Reaction score
Um... Why in the WORLD would you come into a thread where the other teams fans is give our guys, organization, and ownership all the respect and praise. . . and start talking smack?

Please, show some class and respect. . . your a steelers fan, we have in in abundance. That kind of post is reminiscent of a Bungals fan.

This is where you're wrong.

The bungles don't actually have fans.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, SteelCurtain...

WELCOME! "Class" fans are always welcome here. So, WHY am I optimistic about the Cards Future?? Well, I'm OLD!! (LOL) (52) come July, Lord willing. I'm old enough to remember the 60's when the Steelers were not so good. In fact, dare I say it, they were often mentioned in the same breath as... the Cardinals!! ...As being NOT so GOOD! Shocking, I know, but TRUE! BUT then a guy named Chuck Noll started leading the team. ...And they started drafting players who went on to have Hall-of-Fame careers. ...AND they've continued to build on their success. So, what about the Cards? Fluke? Lucky? Divine HELP?? This is ONLY year #2 with Whiz' & staff. Can you honestly say the Cards are not headed in the right direction?? You can talk about the "weak" NFC WEST, etc. but last time I checked the Falcons, Panthers, and Eagles didn't play in that division. All I'm saying is EVERY great success story has a beginning. Your own Steelers are proof of that! Take Care! Mark :)

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
who would have thought i signed up on this forum cause i'm a suns fan and my football team is playing verse the cardinals..

yes i'm a front runner...

i'm a huge fan of kurt warner.. i love his attitude and character..

go STEEL

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of my best friends is a hard core Steelers fan in NM. He was the one who inspired me to get a Cards tat. We last talked right before our game last Sunday. We haven't since. I'm scared to call the guy. The line is drawn, and pleasantries are few.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard