I have big concerns in terms of our backup guards

drk3351

Rookie
Reaction score
The front court is looking great with the Morris twins, Len, and now Chandler. Of course Aldridge would be great but even without him the 4 and the 5 are rock solid. Plus Tucker can play the 4 in small lineups because of his strength, toughness, and rebounding.

The 3 position is fine with Tucker, Warren, and one of the Morris twins.

The starting backcourt of Bledsoe and Knight is good. But the backups seriously concern me. Right now we have Goodwin and Booker.

Goodwin can't shoot and is not a good complement with our starting backcourt. Plus he may just be bad at basketball. Ideally this is his 3rd year and he produces but more likely he's just not very good.

Booker is 18 years old and the youngest rookie in the draft. Rookies tend to struggle anyways so I see no reason why he can contribute. Yes he can shoot but the NBA game will be way too fast for him his rookie year. I don't see him giving us anything productive.

So I guess Warren gets some minutes at the 2? Bullock? Warren seems like he can be decent this year but he can't shoot and could hurt our spacing.

Hope we sign some backup guards this week. If not it could be a serious weakness this season that otherwise is looking very promising.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drk3351, you left Granger out of the equation.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get the star in place, then the starters, then worry about the back ups. First things first, son.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
worst case they sign in min. vet out to prove himself back into a rotation. Perhaps they get someone during the season who was cut and doesn't require a big payday. Maybe they make a trade. There are a ton of options and I'm not concerned. First they need to figure out the starting five, worry about the bench after. It's just the beginng of the year. Lots of time and options to round out the roster.

OP
OP
D

drk3351

Rookie
Reaction score
Keep in mind Bledsoe and Knight aren't the most durable players. If one if them goes down it's a major weakness.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very few are. But, Tucker can also play SG if needed. We just need a serviceable PG. Someone like Ish on a min. salary.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Very few are. But, Tucker can also play SG if needed. We just need a serviceable PG. Someone like Ish on a min. salary.
Tucker can't play SG for long. His only shot is the 3-pointer from the corner.

I agree with you on Ish fitting in well as our backup PG.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they'll sign another vet guard once the dust settles. Probably someone a bit long in the tooth.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legit concern but the Suns are not done. Like those above said, I am sure they will find someone somewhere when things settle down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard