I am burning my Boldin jersey!

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Before you Boldin fans read this, pleae put down the Boldin Kool Aid.

I am close to crossing him off as one of my favorite Card's. My thoughts on the Boldin holdout from minicamp:

1. Rookie Contracts - Players in the NFL usually have to contracts, your rookie deal and your 1st veteran deal. Rookie contracts are based on your "potential". Boldin was drafted in the second round and received a good 2nd round contract. He can't compare himself to Fitz because Fitz was drafted #3 overall and was regarded to have more "potential". Hence, a bigger contract. HE SIGNED IT. HE SHOULD LIVE WITH IT. If he and his agent thought he was going to be that good they should of signed a two year deal.

2. Two knee surgeries in the last three years - Can he stay healthy for a 6-8 year NFL career. Only time will tell but his history of knee problems does not go in his favor. WOULD YOU SIGN A WR WITH KNEE PROBLEMS TO A BIG CONTRACT?

3. On the field performance - He had a great rookie year. He was a pro bowler and he had 8 TD's I believe. Did you know that Fitz had 8 TD's in his rookie season. Fitz did not have the number of catches and yardage that Boldin had in his rookie season but Fitz had to compete with Boldin (half the season) and B. Johnson for balls in 2004. Boldin was the only decent receiver the Cards had in 2003.

IMO, I would not extend Boldin's deal until he can prove that he can have a healthy and productive 2005 season. If the Cards tear up the old contract and start over as Boldin's agent wishes, Dockett, Dansby, etc will not be far behind. And don't forget, Boldin has bad knees and I don't want to hold my breath every time he get hit.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I agree, His second knee problem scares me alot...

I dont mind an extention, but to be honest the Cardinals would be better off waiting one more year to see what they have in Boldin, health & talent-wise...

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals have offerred to extend his contract.

Too bad. If they can't agrree then let him sit,it will only cost $350.000 for the cardinals to let him sit,and if he doesn't play than they don't have to pay him.

Can anyone tell what his value would be if he didn't play for the next 2 years?

I hope the Cardinals stick to their guns!!!

az240z

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Toro said:
3. On the field performance - He had a great rookie year. He was a pro bowler and he had 8 TD's I believe. Did you know that Fitz had 8 TD's in his rookie season. Fitz did not have the number of catches and yardage that Boldin had in his rookie season but Fitz had to compete with Boldin (half the season) and B. Johnson for balls in 2004. Boldin was the only decent receiver the Cards had in 2003.

Did you know that despite his knee injury Quan had 56 catches for 623 yards in only ten games last year? Meanwhile Fitz could muster 58 catches for 780 yards.

For the record, I think Quan should honor his contract, but becareful...you know what they say about statistics.

And I bet you don't even own a Boldin jersey....you probably still wear your Eric Swann jersey to the two games a year you go to.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a brand new Boldin jersey size L white with red shoulders that I will sell to anyone who wants it for 50 bucks.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I was going to get a Boldin jersey but now I won't unless this situation is resolved. I'm getting an authentic, but I won't get Boldin at this point.

I think many others are thinking the same.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Honestly, I was going to get a Boldin jersey but now I won't unless this situation is resolved. I'm getting an authentic, but I won't get Boldin at this point.

I think many others are thinking the same.

:stupid:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
I have a brand new Boldin jersey size L white with red shoulders that I will sell to anyone who wants it for 50 bucks.
How much are they going for online? I'll take that offer if it's less than what I would buy it for new.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they are $65. I bought it last week and its never been worn. Its the new style. i'll even ship it for free.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I am overreacting. This situation just pisses me off. This is why I usually dont buy jerseys with players names because this stuff always happens. Oh well, at least its only April.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
This is why I usually dont buy jerseys with players names because this stuff always happens.
Thats why I buy authentics so if a player leaves the team I just get the old number and name taken out and get it re-stich with a new name and number.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Thats why I buy authentics so if a player leaves the team I just get the old number and name taken out and get it re-stich with a new name and number.

Yeah, that was working for me real well. I had 5 authentics that I had accumulated and several re-done like Boston . . . and then they changed the uniforms!! So much for Berry (Red), Berry (White), Boldin, Shipp, and McCown. I know some of you guys bought my jerseys and now I'm hoping to get 3 of the new authentics. I was going to get Berry, Boldin, and either the QB or RB. At this point, lots of that is up in the air.

Last edited:

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
NMCard said:
From hero to goat. Some of you are overreacting.

I agree to an extent. He really hasn't missed much yet and hasn't said anything negative at this point. But, if he misses training camp or a game, even if he did caved in I wouldn't want him on the team. And fortunately, we finally have a coach that would probably agree with this strategy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
Did you know that despite his knee injury Quan had 56 catches for 623 yards in only ten games last year? Meanwhile Fitz could muster 58 catches for 780 yards.

For the record, I think Quan should honor his contract, but becareful...you know what they say about statistics.

And I bet you don't even own a Boldin jersey....you probably still wear your Eric Swann jersey to the two games a year you go to.

And don't forget about my Rice jersey.

I mention the TD statistic because many posters on here fell that Quan's rookie year was head and shoulders about Fitz's. Getting the ball in the endzone is what really matters.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I solved the jersey problem by not even considering buying jerseys for anybody currently playing who has not played 6-7 years with the Cardinals. With FA and the Cardinals inability to keep players in AZ I dont feel that attached to these current guys and would want to wear their jersey. I recently took advantage of the uniform change to buy the old jerseys to honor guys who played for the Cards a long time and made a difference. I had red replica throwbacks made up for Jim Hart, Neil Lomax and Ottis Anderson. So many to honor(Dierdorf, Dobler, Gray, Green, Tilley, Mitchell, Wehrli, Bakken, Wilson, Smith) but only limited amount of money. So I chose those 3. Red because that had not changed since those players had worn it.

OP
OP
T

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
I solved the jersey problem by not even considering buying jerseys for anybody currently playing who has not played 6-7 years with the Cardinals. With FA and the Cardinals inability to keep players in AZ I dont feel that attached to these current guys and would want to wear their jersey. I recently took advantage of the uniform change to buy the old jerseys to honor guys who played for the Cards a long time and made a difference. I had red replica throwbacks made up for Jim Hart, Neil Lomax and Ottis Anderson. So many to honor(Dierdorf, Dobler, Gray, Green, Tilley, Mitchell, Wehrli, Bakken, Wilson, Smith) but only limited amount of money. So I chose those 3. Red because that had not changed since those players had worn it.

Maybe you should get a "Bidwill" jersey.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Bidwill? LOL, I dont think so.

Most if not all the current players will be on the team less than 5 years. It is not like the old days of Hart 16? years or Bakken 17. I was a kid and it made it easier to get attached but nobody stays with just one team anymore. The modern players are all kinda like mercenaries to me now. I watch and enjoy but it is not the same. Plus my jerseys will always be right. I dont have to worry about renumbering or renaming. True Cards fans I think will recognize the great names form the past and appreciate them.

Last edited:

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Toro said:
Getting the ball in the endzone is what really matters.

Then Emmitt was one of the most valuable Cardinals the past few years by that standard.

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
I agree, His second knee problem scares me alot...

I dont mind an extention, but to be honest the Cardinals would be better off waiting one more year to see what they have in Boldin, health & talent-wise...

Especially since it was a "no contact" injury. As much as I like him, it just might be in our favor to move in case he becomes another Swann.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ohio Cards Fan said:
Especially since it was a "no contact" injury. As much as I like him, it just might be in our favor to move in case he becomes another Swann.

why rip on Swann. He was one of the best defensive players the Cards have had since coming to arizona.

az240z

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Ohio Cards Fan said:
Especially since it was a "no contact" injury.
Before you put the blamed on Anquan lets just remember that somebody from the Cardinals misread his MRI and it was the Cardinals who told him it was ok for him to practice the next day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort