Hypothetical Trade.... A J Green

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this and it is just a hypothetical, but makes sense.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819614-the-ideal-offseason-trade-scenario-for-every-nfl-team?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide0

Arizona Cardinals Acquire A.J. Green
1 of 32

1. You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Victores/Associated Press
    Old-timer [URL='http://bleacherreport.com/larry-fitzgerald']Larry Fitzgerald
  1. is back for another year in Glendale, but the Arizona Cardinals need a younger receiver who can act as more of an outside playmaker for second-year quarterback Josh Rosen.

And while A.J. Green of the Cincinnati Bengals hasn't been rumored as a trade candidate, the Cardinals should inquire. It's entirely possible the frugal Bengals will lose Green when his current contract expires next offseason, and owner Mike Brown might prefer to get something for him now while saving $15.2 million in salary-cap space.

Arizona could also be in on Beckham or Brown, but Fitzgerald would be less likely to bring a volatile energy to a young locker room, and his veteran presence would be highly valued.

Potential trade: Cardinals acquire Green in exchange for a second-round draft pick
[/URL]

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey! Southpaw. Hope you're doing great. Intriguing idea. Fitz', Kirk, and Green. That could be something special.

Mark in SC :)

Where it's 80 sunny degrees! :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tie of his is troublesome it’s his Second time that it has caused him to miss significant time

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He'll be 31 when season starts and is coming off toe surgery...not sure a 2nd round pick is realistic. Maybe give up a third and swap seconds?

He is a quality player and a good person though.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Would he even be available for trade prior to the draft? I read something that said he will be in a walking boot until May or June. If he can't pass a physical can he be traded?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That toe of his is troublesome it’s his Second time that it has caused him to miss significant time

FTFY, unless there is some time of wardrobe issue with Green.

I agree he would be a risk injury wise. But, I love watching Green play football and putting him out there with Fitzgerald and Kirk would give Kingsbury three WR's that fit his system.

AJ Green 6'4", 210lbs that is comparable to Antoine Wesley from Texas Tech who is 6'5" 200lbs. Of course AJ Green is a future Hall of Famer, just comparing size.

This is not going to happen of course but it is fun to think about.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He'll be 31 when season starts and is coming off toe surgery...not sure a 2nd round pick is realistic. Maybe give up a third and swap seconds?

He is a quality player and a good person though.

100% agreed he has injury concerns.

The question is, if he can still run about a 4.6, and still out jump and out physical players for the ball. If he still has that type of skill he should be a fit for the system Kingsbury wants to run.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Love green.....but no thank you.
Instead...lets identify the aj green in this draft and get him at age 21 instead of 31

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love green.....but no thank you.
Instead...lets identify the aj green in this draft and get him at age 21 instead of 31

AJ was the 4th pick in his draft year

There's no one with anywhere near that grade in this year's draft .

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
AJ was the 4rh pick in his draft year

There's no one with anywhere near that grade in this year's draft .
I agree... but antonio brown was what...a fifth round pick?? There are a couple star WR's in this class....we need to identify one and draft him

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree... but antonio brown was what...a fifth round pick?? There are a couple star WR's in this class....we need to identify one and draft him
definitely
i can understand the aj green trade if we have more picks or we are in serious consideration for the next lombardy trophy, but we are not so lets get the youngster to create a decade of successes

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Which speaks to how it's easier said than done.

If Green could be had for a third-round pick and signed to a 3-year extension (he's valued at $10m per year at this point) I'd jump on it. And this doesn't preclude investing a pick into another receiver on draft day, whether w/o or T-end.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely not our 2nd. I wouldn’t even give up a 3rd for an injury prone 31 year old. Don’t give up draft picks, especially when you have the 1st pick of every round.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be a better idea for a team like the Colts to make this trade. It would be a win now move and in case people have forgotten last season....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard