How to watch the 2016 Summer League

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Bender looked a lot more lost and less confident. He wasn't driving the ball or confidently shooting speaking of his shooting, everything is front-rimming right now. I'm wondering if this is just going to take time acclimating to the nba length 3 point line. And he's also a fouling machine.
He made 3/5 threes in game 3 and one of those misses went half way down and came back out. I think he was just out of rhythm and maybe rushing it in the first couple games.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Chriss is a year younger than Amare was.

I dont like Bender right now, everything that looks good about him has to be qualified with "for a 7 footer". The problem is that he has not shown any ability to do the basic things I would expect from a 7'1.

He cant defend inside, does not rebound, fouls a ton, does not block shots, cant get leverage on guards in the post and is very weak finishing what should be easy baskets around the rim.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He made 3/5 threes in game 3 and one of those misses went half way down and came back out. I think he was just out of rhythm and maybe rushing it in the first couple games.
I think he is just proving what I saw against better competition in the euro league already where he shot just 40/25 and got blocked on every other attempt.

Hopefully he adapts to the more athletic game.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Chriss is a year younger than Amare was.

I dont like Bender right now, everything that looks good about him has to be qualified with "for a 7 footer". The problem is that he has not shown any ability to do the basic things I would expect from a 7'1.

He cant defend inside, does not rebound, fouls a ton, does not block shots, cant get leverage on guards in the post and is very weak finishing what should be easy baskets around the rim.

Cant disagree with any of that. He moves well for a 7ft though. FWIW

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Heats are playing two 6'7 big guys and 3 guards..

I would like to see Troy Williams make the roster. He provides something we don't have.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Bender starting to look a little more comfortable. Shots starting to fall and getting some rbs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison