How to watch the 2016 Summer League

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like ESPN has rights to all the summer league games and it won't be part of NBA league pass like previous years. The good news is that it will be free as long as you have an internet service provider like Cox.

You can watch all of the games live or replays through the WatchESPN app or website.

You'll have to log in through your internet service provider, but don't need a cable sub to get access to the summer league games. Internet only customers are limited to ESPN 3 streaming content which has the summer league games.

Important note: the summer league content is under the Basketball submenu and not the NBA sub menu for some reason.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I hope they allow access from Europe.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Bah! ESPN app sucks. They want all my info and files to install video and news app. I'd rather pay some dollars for each game. Oh well. Have to look for other alternatives.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Bah! ESPN app sucks. They want all my info and files to install video and news app. I'd rather pay some dollars for each game. Oh well. Have to look for other alternatives.
The app I'm talking about is "Watch ESPN" it shouldn't be asking for any info outside of your internet provider.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Liking what I am seeing so far, especially from Ulis. Bender's shooting isn't so hot, but his confidence is huge and he is all over the court defensively. I love his D.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoa great spin move from Chriss. Wow. Preceded by a very nice pass from Ulis. There seems to be nothing undersized about Ulis when you watch him on the court.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I don't care if it is the first quarter of the first summer league game. I saw enough to say we got some skilled players in those four that are going lead us into a dope future.

UFC 200 hype has me on a buzz but that spin move by Chriss solidifies my trust in McD.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Chriss looks great.

A monster block
A great pass to Bender who unfortunately didnt finish strong
And a beautiful faceup dribble spin move through the defense for a layup

Plus activity around tge rim.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender got hurt when fouled hard driving to the hoop. He keeps puttin his hand on his hip.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Bender looks bigger than I thought he was.

This game overall is terrible but entertaining.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Bender got hurt when fouled hard driving to the hoop. He keeps puttin his hand on his hip.

I didnt see a hard foul there. Bender is just way too weak, he got simply pushed off balance by a guy 1 foot shorter.

He is bricking pretty hard, needs strength badly.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Alec Brown hitting some shots. Forgot about this guy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Some pleasant surprised about Bender. He looks more athletic than I expected, he's more aggressive than I thought he would be and he has a good looking stroke, but it's just not falling at the moment. Also he is all over the court on defense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didnt see a hard foul there. Bender is just way too weak, he got simply pushed off balance by a guy 1 foot shorter.

I actually think Bender looks a lot stronger than I thought he would be. Sounds like your just not a fan of the pick.

I wasn't either but he looks huge active and athletic his shots just not falling tonight. I like what I see from both Chriss and Bender

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're being awfully critical of a kid who has mostly shown well so far. I'm very impressed by all of our rookies thus far. Other than Ulis, I'm not sure they'll help us much in the Win Column for a while but the potential is exciting.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
man Bender needs to really learn how to finish strong, he is 7'1 and decently athletic but instead of throwing it down he has missed like 3 relatively open layups.

He moves well and handles well though. Looks more like a SF than anything else for sure right now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love how Vonleah tried to rough up Booker and Chriss ran right over

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble getting the NBA-HD channel on DirecTV? I have League Pass, but it's like the renewal for next season hasn't kicked in yet, or something. I spent an hour with DirecTV support and got nowhere. I'm in the Los Angeles area, if that matters.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker looks like he is playing with junior highers. He can do anything he wants. Sorry Steve, it looks like he doesn't belong in summer league anymore. He is dominating and it doesn't look like he is even trying that hard.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Bender is bricking everything but he keeps firing.

Definitely not afraid to shoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard