How to watch the 2016 Summer League

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with slin here. Kuric doesn't appear to provide anything that special. He's an ok 3pt shooter but he even struggled with that in the 2nd half of the last game.

Troy Williams is interesting. I need to see a little more but yea I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it.

He's shooting 56% from the 3 point line in summer league. That's way beyond "ok 3pt shooter". And IIRC he still made half his 3 point shots in that last game you're concerned about.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I sure hope Kuric gets an invite to training camp... I didn't see any big flaws in his game though I admit I didn't watch him defending. He might be great as a designated gunner, for example. Good enough looking shot to check him out further.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's shooting 56% from the 3 point line in summer league. That's way beyond "ok 3pt shooter". And IIRC he still made half his 3 point shots in that last game you're concerned about.
Yea he did but I just don't like his shot selection too much either. Considering that we already went and got vets like Dudley and Barbosa I dont see the need for a 27 year old chucker on the team especially at the Suns most loaded position.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea he did but I just don't like his shot selection too much either. Considering that we already went and got vets like Dudley and Barbosa I dont see the need for a 27 year old chucker on the team especially at the Suns most loaded position.

I wonder what Kuric could shoot with better shot selection?

Below are his shooting stats in Europe. It looks like that his 3 point shot is money. Kuric doesn't strike me as just as just a chucker. He seems to play within the rhythm of the game.

I think the Suns are going to tweak their roster. If so, I wouldn't mind having players like John Jenkins, Kyle Kuric and Troys Williams compete for bench roles.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/players/kyle-kuric-1.html

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What don't you like about his shot selection? Remember, you're agreeing with slinslin and his complaint is that all Kuric can do is make open 3's. And your main complaint about a player with an unheard of shooting percentage now is his shot selection? Does nothing but shoot and make a lot of open 3's - has poor shot selection. That does not compute.

Thinking we don't need a guy deep on our bench that is a real threat from 3 is one thing. Thinking we don't need him because all he does is the job we'd actually want him for makes little sense to me.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think Bender will be great. I hope Chriss turns out great as well but I have more faith in Bender's talent from what I've seen so far.

Kuric is a pretty good shooter but he has to have acceptable defense to play him any meaningful minutes. I don't think we should sign him at the cost of Goodwin. Granted he's a better shooter and that's what we could use at important moments in a contesting season but I don't think we can go far just yet. Maybe if we trade Knight and PJ for picks (to free up space).

How is Denver looking? Will Chriss play? Can we get past them with King Ulis, Kuric, Williamses and fender bender?

Errntknght

Reaction score
Thanks for the Euro stats for Kuric, Mainstreet. sunsfan has it backwards, Kuric's shot selection is too good. A guy that hits 42% on 3's and 55% on 2's needs to loosen up and shoot more!

I think its time to scrap Goodwin... give him one last look in training camp and if he hasn't added something truly significant to his game dump him to free up the roster spot.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marquese Chriss will miss a second consecutive Summer League game for illness. Today's Suns-Nuggets quarterfinal tips off at 3 on ESPN2...via Paul Coro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find myself rooting for Troy Williams. Also the Suns could use another body at SF.

When Alan Williams sits, the Suns are soft in the middle.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dirk was a 19 year old 7 footer with a similar skillset to Bender when he came into the league. :shrug:

sent from a fone

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alan Williams played only 8:07 minutes in the first half because of foul trouble (3 fouls). It showed especially considering he had 10 rebounds in those minutes.

To add to the woes, Ulis was 1-6 in the first half with only 2 assists.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender goes out injured. In the locker room.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least Bender is back on the bench.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really liking Ulis, I wonder if the Suns will trade any guards?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard