How many titles should your team have won by now?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't have insider but I'd guess the prime Nash/Amare Suns teams are on there.

Imo, that 2010 team should have won too. We were one Ron Artest rebound buzzer beater away from going to OT (in which we had all the momentum so we likely win) and that season we swept Boston in the reg season and I think we would have done the same thing again in the Finals.

That Suns team had perfect combination of veterans and youth. The chemistry and depth was off the charts. Reminds me of the Spurs teams from the past 2 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go conservative and say 2. ONE of the Barkley teams should have won. They were one shot away from Game 7 of the Finals at home. And the next two years they had the Rockets, the eventual champions, dead to rights, up 2-0 coming home for two games and the next season up 3-1... with very little standing in front of them as far as legit competition.

And the Nash-Amare team should have won 2007 if not for the awful Diaw suspension.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to say none. Because they didn't :D

Sorry, I just live mostly in reality, what HAS happened. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...meh...

The suspension team had the best shot to IMO.

Balboa

Reaction score
I'm gonna go conservative and say 2. ONE of the Barkley teams should have won. They were one shot away from Game 7 of the Finals at home. And the next two years they had the Rockets, the eventual champions, dead to rights, up 2-0 coming home for two games and the next season up 3-1... with very little standing in front of them as far as legit competition.

And the Nash-Amare team should have won 2007 if not for the awful Diaw suspension.

Definitely should have won one.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two. The two years that they lost to Houston in the WC finals. They were clearly the better team in both of those, and were comfortably ahead in both series but choked after Barkley and Majerle partied away.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The year we lost to Seattle in the Western Finals with (yes, I'll say it again) our backup Small Forward starting at Center. It was predicted that whichever team advanced to the Finals would beat the Bullets. And Seattle did.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The year we lost to Seattle in the Western Finals with (yes, I'll say it again) our backup Small Forward starting at Center. It was predicted that whichever team advanced to the Finals would beat the Bullets. And Seattle did.

I was in college that year and just didn't get to watch much. Back in those days it was almost impossible to follow a western team while living on the East Coast. The games were always too late to make the morning papers, and there was no internet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They used a formula. The lakers were the biggest overachievers winning 3.5 more championships than they "should" have. And the biggest underachiever . . .

. . . your Phoenix Suns. They should have won 1.9 championships based on the formula. It doesn't state which years, just probabilities given records and other stats.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The formula starts at the date of the merger, everything after 1976. So the figure that has us as the best titleless team does not even factor in the Finals team in 76.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Four.
Could have won three during the Barkley era(at least two) and maybe one during the SSOL era, although those SSOL teams made it awfully hard on themselves with the short rotation, lack of size, lack of offensive rebounding, lack of defense.

The Barkley teams(vs Houston) just plain choked, but they also made things difficult with their lack of size inside vs certain teams and difficulty getting stops at times.

I also remember thinking that when America West Arena was built...and for the next several years...it seemed like teams would always shoot lights out in that building against us. I always wanted to see a stat that compiled opponent shooting percentages by arena over the course of time. I guess i could just add it up but i'm too lazy. Lol.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Hopefully they can get back to that "Should have won" range soon....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn