How I spent my summer vacation

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Don't worry Mods, there's Cardinal content in here.

As some may have been aware, I've been blissfully unemployed since May 1st. The company I worked for was sold and the new owners let us all go around then...but they paid me a full salary through the end of July, so that was cool. 8)

Anyways, the first two months of my "Summer of George" were spent trying to find a new job, which I did by the end of June. But the kicker to that was I wasn't starting at that new job until August...August 17th (tomorrow) to be exact. So I had some free time to really enjoy the summer...until "The Minor Flood of '05" hit on July 8th ( :eek: )...ruining the carpeting in my basement sports room for the second time in 18 months. :thumbdown

So rather than trying to clean the existing carpet, or buying new carpet (I finally figured out that carpeting in a basement that appears to be somewhat flood prone is a bad idea), I decided to paint the floor instead. One month and $193.84 in materials later, this is what I came up with...I think it came out pretty great actually. Being an old-time fan and a bit of a traditionalist, I went with the old logo. Thought some of you all might get a kick out of seeing it!

The field looking west
You must be registered for see images

the field looking east

midfield

west endzone

east endzone

Now I gotta move all the furniture and memorabilia back in. :cool:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Nice!

But that's the old Cardinal logo.

:newcards:

it's okay - his field will be "old school"

awesome pics!! :D

OP
OP
Cardinal Bob

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Nice!

But that's the old Cardinal logo.

:newcards:

As I said, I'm kind of a traditionalist and am a bit partial to old logo, being an old-timer myself. Also, I've had 30 years of practice drawing the old logo so I've gotten pretty good at it.

The new logo would have presented a tougher challenge, and believe me, this project ended up being challenging enough. :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:
As I said, I'm kind of a traditionalist and am a bit partial to old logo, being an old-timer myself. Also, I've had 30 years of practice drawing the old logo so I've gotten pretty good at it.

The new logo would have presented a tougher challenge, and believe me, this project ended up being challenging enough. :D

Just playing with ya! It does look great. Looks like a sports bar.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Nice job Bob,

One of these days I am gonna have to get directions from Kathryn, So I can come over and play at your house.

You are a true fan Bob!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats awesome Bob!

But no Card's field is complete without a North End Zone!

;)

OP
OP
Cardinal Bob

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Thats awesome Bob!

But no Card's field is complete without a North End Zone!

;)

My basement sports room runs east-west, unfortunately.

:I'maloserforevenknowingthat:

I'll talk with my wife and see if she's up for spinning the house a quarter turn...I'm sure the neighbors wont't mind that. :D

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Very cool. Now you need some analysts to come to your place and film one of those "we have suits on but lets show how you run the counter trey on this mini field in studio" segments.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard